Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Didn't Siddiq say the Highway Men had tried to rescue them?? 
    Enid wasn't leaving or the other 2 young kids so they must've been taken from inside Kingdom... 
    Maybe we'll find out next week?? 
    Tara was probably the biggest shock for me - she was really starting to step up as a leader. 
    Yeah the Whisperers don't seem to have a lot of firepower but they do have a shitload of zombies!! !
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    redraw said:
    Didn't Siddiq say the Highway Men had tried to rescue them?? 
    Enid wasn't leaving or the other 2 young kids so they must've been taken from inside Kingdom... 
    Maybe we'll find out next week?? 
    Tara was probably the biggest shock for me - she was really starting to step up as a leader. 
    Yeah the Whisperers don't seem to have a lot of firepower but they do have a shitload of zombies!! !
    Everyone that was killed was from Hilltop minus the Highway men.  Now that I think about it Henry was an apprentice there, so maybe they were all headed back?

When Alpha takes out that person that saw her cry was excellent.  Beta is going to dissent, I see that now.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    Brutal episode. Really curious to see what happens next week. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    edited April 2019
    I haven't watched this week yet. But I'm guess I missed the ending last week. My recording stopped at 1 hour, but it was mid scene when Alpha was talking to Lidia in the theater. I figured I only missed a few seconds, but sounds like I Missed more. What happened after that?
  • Options
    Holy crap!
    I just streamed the last 15 minutes on my break. Did not expect all that! Tara, Henry, the girl Carl had a crush on (whatever her name was). Jeez man, this was the worst episode in several seasons (worst as in death count of main characters).
  • Options
    Disappointing episode this week. Didn't really feel like a season finale. 
  • Options
    Same. Was a pretty lame follow-up to the week before.
    It almost felt like they wanted us to think it was Game of Thrones or something. The whole episode was walking through snow.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Same. Was a pretty lame follow-up to the week before.
    It almost felt like they wanted us to think it was Game of Thrones or something. The whole episode was walking through snow.
    How, oh how do walkers freeze but then they are all coming out from under the snow?!?

Week, week ending to the season.

The two episodes before were amazing though.
  • Options
    Well, snow makes a decent insulator and they would be out of the wind by being buried. Also, air temperatures change more quickly than ground temperatures so latent heat in the ground could keep them from freezing. 

(I know, I know. I'm just making excuses for the writers.)

The thing that bothered me the most was the lack of accumulation after the blizzard. They were walking in like, a half-inch of snow once they made it to Hilltop.

All in all though, the season was pretty well done compared to the last couple, IMO. 
  • Options
    fear the Walking Dead has become a mess.

Last episode was just like WD and Gabriels story.

What was once great writing has now taken a dump...
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    ^^ I agree. Last Sunday's show was completely shit-tacular!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    season 9 just showed up on netflix. yadda yadda yadda.....I'm really tired today. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NEW SEASON STARTED!!!!

I have no idea why Alpha wandered out of nowhere to glance up at Carol...
  • Options
    I don't think she knew Carol was there. She looked up and saw her on the wrong side of the border though. 

Shit storm coming soon.
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    I don't think she knew Carol was there. She looked up and saw her on the wrong side of the border though. 

Shit storm coming soon.
    Hoard was gone.

Wonder how long they'll drag this battle on for?
  • Options
    Anyone watching this season? This might be the season I give up on. A few behind and I'm finding it hard to sit and watch.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone watching this season? This might be the season I give up on. A few behind and I'm finding it hard to sit and watch.
    Worst season yet.  The whisperer thing really is dumb.

Negan is what makes it entertaining though.

Next week might be better.

It just drives me nuts that people haven't tried to rebuild any more.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I can't believe this show is still going.  I gave up 2-3 seasons ago because it was just so bad.....I can't even imagine how bad it is now.
  • Options
    Still watching. There have been some gems in the last couple seasons but the consistency is just not there anymore. 

At this point, I feel like I should see it through to the conclusion. TBH, I'm not as excited about watching a new episode as I was a few seasons ago. 
  • Options
    Anyone else still watching?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I completely forgot about part 2 of the season. I was like you, convinced I should see it through to the end.  Been watching since the very beginning, but just can’t get into it anymore. Especially since it doesn’t sound like they have an end in mind with the spinoffs and movies planned.
    Kind of a shame they let such a good series dwindle away until no one cares anymore, they should of have a proper ending 2 or 3 seasons ago
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    I'm still hanging in there, like others have said - still some really good eps to be had but not consistent... 
    This week was pretty good tho - I thought Jerry was a  goner!!!! 
    I'll ride it out to the end I guess?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Riding it out to the end but it really is unwatchable.

I'm wondering how many more times that a person can go rogue and endanger the group?  They keep on using the same model for the storyline.

Why people aren't actually rebuilding is still driving me nuts.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I honesty thought they shut this turd factory down a few months ago.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    I honesty thought they shut this turd factory down a few months ago.
    They need to.

There is an off shoot w the kids or whatever it is and I won't be wasting my time with it because they'll end up ruining it too.

The show forgets what got people watching in the first place and that is the zombies.  I don't care about a characters development and how they progress in the damn apocalypse.  Kill the zombies and try and find a cure.
  • Options

Sorry to be "that guy" gave up years ago on this show. I would tell anyone still holding onto the show to just give up and read the whole comic ( comic ended last year so you can read the whole run )

Whisper story line much better , in fact the whole thing is way better. Also it wraps up the story in the best way possible.

If you have not read the comic you will love it , going back to the governor , the comic version of the governor makes the TV show governor seem like a saint.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

Sorry to be "that guy" gave up years ago on this show. I would tell anyone still holding onto the show to just give up and read the whole comic ( comic ended last year so you can read the whole run )

Whisper story line much better , in fact the whole thing is way better. Also it wraps up the story in the best way possible.

If you have not read the comic you will love it , going back to the governor , the comic version of the governor makes the TV show governor seem like a saint.

I actually stopped reading the comic right at the governor point because I didn't want to ruin the show for me .  The comic was very well written but so was the show up to that point.

There is no doubt that the comic is by far superior to the show and Kirkman should be embarrassed to have his name attached to the tv show now.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Stopped a number of seasons ago and any time that I think I might want to re-engage, I just remember all of the idiocy I sat through waiting for it to get better.
    Alternately, I can visit this thread and see that many still watch, all while saying it is a pile of shite at this point.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

That is what I will say about this episode.

Holy shit!!!

It took just one action for my mood to change about the whole show.

I'll give y'all a few days to see it and then we need to chat!

Hot damn!