So I am thinking about a US holiday......

FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
YEAH!!! Thinking next september taking Mr K who will be 6yo by then, on a big holiday to the US. He wants to go to LEGOLAND, so I was thinking about doing that and the typical disneyland thing.

So tell me all knowledgeable ones....is september a good time to visit??? or is there a better time???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    September? He will miss his favourite team the Swans playing in the grand final.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    September? He will miss his favourite team the Swans playing in the grand final.

:lol:

i love your confidence. and absolute faith in your team

theres a legoland in the US?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    pjfan31 wrote:

Bahahahahahahahahahha.....one can only dream!

Trust me we will be home for NRL and afl grand finals! :lol: If not I will be watching them on the net!
    pjfan31 wrote:

Yep just over an hour away from disneyland! 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjfan31 wrote:

We have a mini lego land by my office.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjfan31 wrote:

Yep just over an hour away from disneyland! 8-)

oh just so you know the tim burton exhibition will be at the LA county museum of art (LACMA) from may 29 2011 to october 31 2011.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Hawk JamHawk Jam Posts: 121
    Very interested in this thread, my family want to do the same trip. Were were looking at this November but decided to wait until summer over there, probably July. That way I won't miss the Hawks in September!
    Accommodation for 6 is a killer though and I have a fear of driving over there so transfers will be costly too. I avoided driving when in Temecula for work a couple of times.

But hey the exchange rate will be well past parity by then.
    Hawk Jam wrote:
    Very interested in this thread, my family want to do the same trip. Were were looking at this November but decided to wait until summer over there, probably July. That way I won't miss the Hawks in September!
    Accommodation for 6 is a killer though and I have a fear of driving over there so transfers will be costly too. I avoided driving when in Temecula for work a couple of times.

Hawks in September? Look mate, fair to say you could book now and get the early bird special. Save yourself a few dollars.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Dont book until 2011 tour info is available
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hawk JamHawk Jam Posts: 121
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Hawk Jam wrote:

Hawks in September? Look mate, fair to say you could book now and get the early bird special. Save yourself a few dollars.

Fair point!
    81 wrote:

Excellent point!
  • You're only considering California?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,022
    81 wrote:
    81, you think a couple weeks is enough time to book and apply for visas? I mean c'mon this tenclub we're talking about here!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    81, you think a couple weeks is enough time to book and apply for visas? I mean c'mon this tenclub we're talking about here!!!

applying for a visa for aussies to enter the US as a tourist takes 5 mintes online. actually tis not even a visa its just permission to enter really. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The dollar is strong time to go see my cousins.
    If only I could.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,022
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

applying for a visa for aussies to enter the US as a tourist takes 5 mintes online. actually tis not even a visa its just permission to enter really. :mrgreen:
    thats just wrong!! aren't you guys a country full of criminals?!??!?! :mrgreen: MAN they'll let ANYONE in here!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    reformed criminals mickey. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    81 wrote:

Not booking yet, just getting the info so far to work out my $$$$. And yes that is on my mind!
  • Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

'Time to clean the royal penis'

Good movie.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    You're only considering California?

It's mainly a splurge for my little man...he is dead set keen on legoland. I work 2 jobs and holidays are our reward and time to have that special mummy and Kai time, with my focus entirely on him.

But we'll see what happens, I am open to suggestions if you have any for me....remember it will be me and a 6yo so the focus has to be fun. :D
  • Cleveland Ohio!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Cleveland Ohio!

hehehehehehe :lol:
  • :?:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

i was going to say, don't you just need a passport. i'm not an international traveler just yet. maybe next year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cleveland Ohio!

actually, he just missed it by " " that much. serious. just west of cleveland (an hour) is the greatest collection of roller coasters in the world. however, 6 might be a bit young for that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    september is a great time to visit ... the summer holidays are over and most kids are back at school which but the weather is still good ... might actually be better in september and august for LA ... also - it'll be easier to get deals on hotels, car rentals and such ...
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    polaris_x wrote:
    september is a great time to visit ... the summer holidays are over and most kids are back at school which but the weather is still good ... might actually be better in september and august for LA ... also - it'll be easier to get deals on hotels, car rentals and such ...

completely agree...bu don't discount the east coast! you can fun over here too.
    then you can come by and eat and drink at Dissidentmans bar in Rhode Island!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    September is a great time to come to the San Diego area. Weather is still summery, but the kids go back to school after labor day (beginning of september) and the beaches/parks clear out.

6 yrs. old is a great age for Legoland. The park is geared toward the 5-10 year old age range, so there is plenty to keep them busy.

This would be a good time for Disneyland too, the summer crowds will likely have thinned out a bit, but the park is always busy these days, so be prepared for crowds (was just up there last weekend with my kids).

San Diego Zoo is another local option that I'd recommend.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    Cleveland Ohio!

actually, he just missed it by " " that much. serious. just west of cleveland (an hour) is the greatest collection of roller coasters in the world. however, 6 might be a bit young for that.
    Cedar Point? Man my dad took me there on a bus trip to Detroit when I was 10... Never barfed so much :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    edited October 2010
    81 wrote:

i was going to say, don't you just need a passport. i'm not an international traveler just yet. maybe next year

no you dont just need a passport. we used to be able to rock up at the borderl with one alone, but not more. its been changed very recently.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say