Options

What venue would make a great Pearl Jam show

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Ohio Stadium... Pink Floyd and U2 did it, so why not?

and metallica. i said this earlier. with field GA or seats, it would probably hold about 120k.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i'm sure it's been posted already but it bears repeating...

red rocks!
    i just hope if/when pj chooses to play, that my husband and i will both be able to go! he is 100% behind the idea of traveling to colorado to see pj at red rocks, but who knows scheduling...

i also would love for them to return to jones beach.....and/or any small venue in NYC. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    The Olympia in Dublin....preferably a 5 night stint ala REM :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    Cobo Arena in Detroit... I'd love to see them play there on this winter's tour.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the jacob riis park
    nycs biggest secret
    its the ramones' old stomping grounds
    its on the beachfront,
    is big enough to accomodate all of us lunatics, er sorry i meant fanatics .
    ( a huge parking lot with over 5,000 parking spaces, the largest in the world at the time it was built, provides ample space for those who prefer to drive.)
    its right off the belt at 11s.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/NY/Rockaway_NY_00.jpg

Overview – An eclectic mix of families, singles, senior citizens and boombox-bearing teens spend their summer days here on the southern tip of Queens overlooking New York Harbor. Yet Jacob Riis Park never seems as jampacked as other area beaches. Families tend to migrate toward the west end, while younger sunbathers frequent the east. – – Features and Attractions – Besides the beach, you'll find plenty of space for basketball, handball and volleyball tournaments, plus a softball field that, when not filled by a local league or a pickup game, provides a terrific space…

http://nyharborparks.org/visit/jari.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Riis_Park

another newer place to consider in NYC not yet played is Keyspan Park in Coney Island Brooklyn NYC
    only the Nations second oceanside baseball park, relatively brand new.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    wow

such a cool thread.

what happened to it ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Vicar Street or The Olympia in Dublin. Nice small intimate venues, with good sound.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Freddy ArheeharFreddy Arheehar San Diego Posts: 525
    small pub tour in each city and 10c members from that city only
  • Options
    Civic Theatre - Newcastle
    Sydney Eastern Creek - Mar 11, 1995 Sydney Entertainment Centre - Mar 12, 1998 Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Feb 08, 2003 Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Feb 09, 2003 Newcastle Entertainment Centre - Nov 19, 2006 Rod Laver Arena - Nov 16, 2006 Acer Arena - Nov 07, 2006 Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006
    Future, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane 09
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    The DCU center, Worcester, MA.
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Feijenoord Stadium - Rotterdam

Paradiso - Amsterdam

Goffert Park - Nijmegen
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    Between the paws of the Sphinx!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Bob Dylan and others have player for roughly 5000 there, its absolutely perfect.
  • Options
    my bedroom. i wouldn't even have to sit up during the show.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    another newer place to consider in NYC not yet played is Keyspan Park in Coney Island Brooklyn NYC only the Nations second oceanside baseball park, relatively brand new.

Totally agree with Keyspan. would be absolutely perfect. wilco played there this summer.
  • Options
    the roof of my back porch
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    I know most of you are going to laugh but since I often have to come to your turf to see Pearl Jam or Vedder, give me a minute to tell you about a very old and historic venue in Tulsa, OK, called Cain's Ballroom. Alot of big acts have been there over time. Some on there way up, some on there way down, but really good music is always to be found there. Some of the acts in the last few years I can think of: Ben Harper, Wilco, Beck, Chris Cornell, Kinf of Leon, Wolfmother, Black Keys, Willie Nelson...and it continues...see link.

http://www.cainsballroom.com/

and for some history, its really quite an interesting place and is on the US National Registry of Historic Places....anyone heard of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain's_Ballroom

This is where I want to see Pearl Jam, so I can spill more beer on the wooden dance floor during DTE!!

Edit: For real, Mods please note that since PJ isn't playing small venues like Cain's, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE play our new arena in Tulsa, the BOK center!! The Boss and Paul McCartney have been there, why not PJ?
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    palms theater in palms las vegas is an amazing venue

i saw stone temple pilots, nin janes addiction, and tool concerts there, the venue is real good. but it super small hold maybe 2000 people? that is not very many at all for a pj show. i think is one of best club venues for show in america though, metropolis in montreal is cool too pj played there in 1991? lol
  • Options
    dadesdades Posts: 321
    Barrowlands in Glasgow. One hell of a venue.
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Options
    As much as i want Pearl Jam to play Scotland again, if they do they should play Edinburgh Castle. Holds about 8500!!!Beautiful city!
  • Options

wow!
    that would be nice!
    8-)

*waves hello!*
    :mrgreen:
    and i think i've already posted it, as i am sure others have as well...but it bears repeating...

red rocks!
    8-)8-)8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I've always wanted to see them at Star Lake here in Pittsburgh. Great tailgating scene and a rather large venue (23,000+). Outdoor concerts are way better than arena shows, I think. The vibe at the venue is also great (it's fucking Pittsburgh...)

So, Pearl Jam, please play Star Lake next summer!!!!

starafter.JPG
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    my basement
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Red Rocks !!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    drew0 wrote:
    I've always wanted to see them at Star Lake here in Pittsburgh. Great tailgating scene and a rather large venue (23,000+). Outdoor concerts are way better than arena shows, I think. The vibe at the venue is also great (it's fucking Pittsburgh...)

So, Pearl Jam, please play Star Lake next summer!!!!

starafter.JPG

Totally agree - I love the outdoor shows.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

I fear you all are gonna think I'm crazy.... oh wait, it's too late for that! :lol: :P

I had a dream where i was at a PJ show in a similar setting like that - the seating was almost exactly like that (I recall feeling a little sick or dizzy looking down)...but I don't recall seeing water though.

Perhaps you should write a proposal letter to Pearl Jam along with support from fans! Just a suggestion. 8-)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    hollywood bowl

would love it. It will never happen because of the subscriber thing.

I say they should just play it and worry about the fan club

but just the one.