Options

What venue would make a great Pearl Jam show

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    this would be killer. 3-4 hour set on a hot long island summer night. plus its 10 min away from me, :lol:.

bethel woods cemter
    citifield
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    arialei wrote:
    USANA Amphitheatre in Utah:
    http://www.usana-amp.com/venue/seating_chart

Then again, if they'd only come back to town... I'd settle for ANY venue in Utah.
    ????????????????????
    Apparently someone needs to check the tour schedule!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,014
    I put out a post like this last year & only 2 replies! Anyway i would like to see them play the Opera House Steps in Sydney & also a place in the middle of the harbour called Goat Island. Midnight Oil played a legendery show there 25 years ago. It is only small but would a good Ten Club show.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    lollapalooza stopped at race track in POWNAL, VT back in 1994. VT BABY!!! in fact matt cameron has even already played there because soundgarden took the stage just before metallica. in fact, if i can recall correctly, i can remember chris cornell saying it was one of the most beautiful places they'd ever played. during sunset in the valley of the good old green mountains! flew in via chopper, it was sick!

Hell yes! That was my very first concert! (btw it was actually 1996) A terrific spot for a show. The year prior to that Pearl Jam had looked into playing there (on the 1995 anti-Ticketmaster trek) but didn't end up booking a show. I was pretty bummed about it, but was super excited when they annouced Lolla was coming in 96. Ill never forget Cornell's solo version of Black Hole Sun while the sun was setting over the Green Mtns.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA outside of Washington DC
    this place is great...in the middle of the woods, in a state park, great acoustics. They allow you to bring coolers full of food and booze into the ampitheater. plus...its just beautiful

I was just about to list the Wolftrap. I absolutely love this venue, one of my all-time favorites. Actually just saw the Black Crowes there last night.

I would love to see Pearl Jam there, although I think they would have an issue with the curfew. I've been to the Wolftrap for the Crowes twice, CCR, and BB King. Each ended by about 11, give or take. Granted, BB isn't playing past 11 no matter what, but the curfew seems very strict. It's located on a national park, so I imagine everything is more stringent. Whereas PJ may be more willing to go over a curfew by a song or two at other venues, it may be more difficult to do so with the federal guidelines. Might just mean they'd have to start earlier, which would be fine by me.

But yes, amazing venue. You can bring in anything you want. Only thing is that they are very strict on smoking (I'm not a smoker, so I don't really care) and they do actually crack down. They have dozens of park rangers on site to keep it in control. But to be honest, I like this. The crowds at the Wolftrap are the most respectful I've ever seen at any concert. People will bring in coolers of beer and food, and when the concert ends they stick around to pick up all of their trash.

An evening with Pearl Jam at the Wolftrap would be one of my all-time favorite shows. The ticketing is also very cool. Being a national park it is largely run on federal subsidies, so tickets are very cheap, no matter who is playing. All seats are capped at like $45, and lawn tickets are all $25. If PJ were able to make this happen and reserve 10C tix, they would be very cheap for this era.

Long story short... I would love to see PJ come to the Wolftrap. Not sure it will happen though. Nevertheless, here's my official for them to add this venue for the 2010 tour!
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Options
    NYC Central Park
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with the important matters" - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    arialei wrote:
    USANA Amphitheatre in Utah:
    http://www.usana-amp.com/venue/seating_chart

Then again, if they'd only come back to town... I'd settle for ANY venue in Utah.
    ????????????????????
    Apparently someone needs to check the tour schedule!

What date was that posted? ;)

Hint: Postby arialei » 28 Sep 2007 14:05
    Salt Lake City 11/01/95
    Salt Lake City 11/02/95
    Park City 06/21/98
    Las Vegas 07/11/98
    Salt Lake City 09/28/09
    Missoula 09/30/12
    Denver 10/22/14
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    clearly in the states they should play in a giant urinal to save the masses having to go for the infamous Piss Break during their least favourite song... heres an idea.. stay at home or get colostomy bags.. either/or
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    My backyard, which is actually a humongous field. Everybody would be invited

Would seating be based on seniority? ;););)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    the norva

but they'd havta play it multi nights because it's kinda small for pj.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    lollapalooza stopped at race track in POWNAL, VT back in 1994. VT BABY!!! in fact matt cameron has even already played there because soundgarden took the stage just before metallica. in fact, if i can recall correctly, i can remember chris cornell saying it was one of the most beautiful places they'd ever played. during sunset in the valley of the good old green mountains! flew in via chopper, it was sick!

Hell yes! That was my very first concert! (btw it was actually 1996) A terrific spot for a show. The year prior to that Pearl Jam had looked into playing there (on the 1995 anti-Ticketmaster trek) but didn't end up booking a show. I was pretty bummed about it, but was super excited when they annouced Lolla was coming in 96. Ill never forget Cornell's solo version of Black Hole Sun while the sun was setting over the Green Mtns.

your absolutely right, it was 1996, my bad. i grew up 15 minutes from the race track and went with a whole gang load of friends. what an awesome time it was. i also do remember that sick version of black hole sun as it was actually setting. it definitely would have been sweet if pj had played there, no doubt about that and i honestly think they would have enjoyed it too. cheers!
    "No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all"
  • Options
    Red Rocks, Red Rocks, Red Rocks.

Hollywood Bowl would be nice too!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    UCF
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    Ryman Auditorium or The Grand Ole Opry
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    The Palace in Albany NY. Holds 2500. Do 10 nights.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    +1 RYMAN!! I'd guess plus another one if you asked Ed.. He seemed to have fallen in love with the place.. He could show all the guys the picture where Minnie Pearl looks HOT!! :lol:
  • Options
    I keep sending letters to Theo "Mr Pearl Jam Fan" Epstein urging him to use his connections as general manager of the Red Sox to give us three nights of PJ at Fenway Park.

One of these days I'm going to start a petition.... and then hope I can get tickets.
  • Options
    Grant Park Chicago.

Would solve a lot of problems about 10c seat assignment and you get to go with a group of friends and hang out together as opposed to the UC where you go with the one person because it's assigned seating. I have 7-8 PJ fans and it would be fun to hangout with everyone.

Radiohead played a concert there in 2001 and the people I know went said it was the best concert they've ever been to. Phenomenal backdrop. As PF said to close down Lolla this year, "where can you actually find a venue where you're actually in the city." You're right on the lake, the skyline, the fireworks. It's a no brainer.

I'd like to see it late April-May. Baseball season just getting going. Hope is still alive. You get one of those nice spring nights in Chicago and there's a good spirit possibly a little bite in the air. Easier to get to. Cooler area.

Wrigley'd be cool but heard you can get a lot of bad seats there too.

Red Rocks definitely.

Radiohead and many of its fans still consider the concert the band played at Hutchinson Field in summer 2001 as one of its most memorable. Although that show was a well-organized, artistic and financial success, city officials were reluctant for the next few years to allow cutting-edge rock acts to return to Grant Park because of noise complaints from a handful of nearby residents.

Since Tim Mitchell took over as Park District superintendent in 2004, the city has had a change of heart. Last fall, inspired by the more than $2 million generated by the revitalized Lollapalooza in Hutchinson Field and concerts at the new venue on Northerly Island, Mitchell promised that summer 2006 would bring even more rock 'n' roll to Grant Park.
    Dolor es.....?
  • Options
    The Murat in Indianapolis
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 550
    beacon theater nyc

i was at that it was an awesome show, they closed it down because it was renovated.

how about Staten Island Yankee Stadium, i can take a 5 minute express train ride?
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:
    beacon theater nyc

i was at that it was an awesome show, they closed it down because it was renovated.

how about Staten Island Yankee Stadium, i can take a 5 minute express train ride?
    Fuck that, St George theater on SI is really nice and would make a great venue, SI Yankees stadium is a dumb place to have it
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    the bottleneck in Lawrence, KS. great little venue. but i'd be more than happy if they played my backyard. it's pretty big...and you'd all be invited. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 550
    allstar340 wrote:
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:
    beacon theater nyc

Fuck that, St George theater on SI is really nice and would make a great venue, SI Yankees stadium is a dumb place to have it

maybe i dont feel like getting shot outside st george theater, at least at the stadium your surrounded in a little bit of a better area (probably doesnt compare with philly lol) and its outdoors and on the water
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    ddezso wrote:
    Cavern Club - Liverpool
    The Colosseum - Rome
    Pompeii - the ampitheatre Pink Floyd played in Live in Pompei

Colosseum is a cool idea...if it still actually had seats....or a floor (though there is a partial one!)
  • Options
    evanserevanser Posts: 152
    The Borgata atlantic city
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    citizen54 wrote:
    I keep sending letters to Theo "Mr Pearl Jam Fan" Epstein urging him to use his connections as general manager of the Red Sox to give us three nights of PJ at Fenway Park.

One of these days I'm going to start a petition.... and then hope I can get tickets.

As cool as this might be *in theory*, I think I'd pass on this as 95% or more of the seats would be way too far away from the stage, which is why baseball stadiums kinda suck as concert venues. More of a gimmick than anything else, in my opinion. Its kinda like the whole NHL-games-in-football/baseball venues, just more of a neat idea in theory than in actual practice.
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Ohio Stadium... Pink Floyd and U2 did it, so why not?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    The Eden Project, Nr St Austell, Cornwall, UK :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.edenproject.com/sessions/
    http://www.edenproject.com
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

Oooh, yes!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    evanserevanser Posts: 152
    Wildwood Convention Hall Boardwalk
    Wildwood, NJ