Nook vs kindle?

2»

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I decided on the Nook for my wife and bought it on Friday.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    just got a kindle...it's great. i haven't had any problems with it. the battery life is fantastic - i've only had to charge it once (the first time i took it out of the box) and i finished a 488 page book in two weeks with 10% charge remaining.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    merkinball wrote:
    Sure, my ipad isn't a dedicated e-reader, but I've read quite a few books on it (5 or so) using both the ibooks app and the kindle app since August when I picked it up, and haven't noticed any issues with reading on it for hours at a time. It's usually inside, that may make a difference as far as the glare goes.

One nice touch was the ability to research on the web while reading. One of the books I re-read was Neil Gaiman's American Gods, and there is a bunch of references to different Mythologies in it. Using the ipad allowed me to highlight a certain god/mythology and then to search google/wikipedia on the subject.

The benefit of having the convenience of the netbook aspect + netflix also means it gets a lot more use in my house, between my kids and I.

i like that you think 5 or so is quite a few. :P :lol:8-)

That was after having it for a month, keep it in perspective. Still reading plenty of books on it months later. You want an updated count? :)
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • After researching for my wife for Christmas, I went with the Kindle. Several ppl I talked to chose the Kindle over the nook, and Consumer Reports rated both models of the Kindle over the Nooks.
    "It's all happening"
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    After researching for my wife for Christmas, I went with the Kindle. Several ppl I talked to chose the Kindle over the nook, and Consumer Reports rated both models of the Kindle over the Nooks.

I went with the Nook because you aren't stuck with only buying from Amazon and you can get books from the library. Hopefully my wife likes it.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."