What historical period would you want to live in?

2»

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I would like to live In the year 3000...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I could only go as far back as the beginning of indoor plumbing. :D The old west would be interesting though
  • Rubber Soul through Abbey Road
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    late 1700's, go hangout with a young Darwin. The world must have been prestine back than.
  • If you had to choose, would you rather be a pirate or a viking?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If you had to choose, would you rather be a pirate or a viking?

A pirate ofcourse, out of Jamaica, All the Weed and Rum and Whores i could handle. All day everyday.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    chadwick wrote:
    8th - 10th centuries in Scandinavia
    The Vikings were quite explosive during those times
    I like this.
    I'm going as a viking for halloween
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    The late 60's.
    Sense of freedom, cool trends, music and even better to come.
    Student riots and a widespread rebellion against established order and rules, with confident hope people could change the world as long as they stood as one.
    Giant gatherings of people when strangers were not yet a potential threat or ennemy one should be wary of.
    You could feel a change coming, forming like a wave.
    Where as all this gone ? How did we become so jaded and frightened ?
    *sigh*
    Wish I had known this ....
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

Viking- those are my people. I grew up with a gigantic framed portrait of Leif Ericsson over the fireplace. It now sits behind my father's desk in his office next to framed photos of Skydog and Jerry Garcia and Neil Young and wolf packs. :lol:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I would love to have been around in the times of Plato. I would love to shoot the shit with them and maybe prevent the worse crime of all time. Socrates Trial and death

I would also liek to have been around in Russia back in the 19th century and hang out with all those great writers.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    intodeep wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    I like this.
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Viking- those are my people. I grew up with a gigantic framed portrait of Leif Ericsson over the fireplace. It now sits behind my father's desk in his office next to framed photos of Skydog and Jerry Garcia and Neil Young and wolf packs. :lol:

well done, gentlemen
    real men are barbaric even in this modern bullshit deal :lol::mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hands down..4th century b.c. at Athens...the start of Maths,Philoshophy,Democracy,Arcitecture.e.t.c
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    chadwick wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    I like this.
    RYEzupSF wrote:

well done, gentlemen
    real men are barbaric even in this modern bullshit deal :lol::mrgreen:

This gentleman happens to be a chick. I guess that would make me a wench?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I'd like to go back 5 or 6 thousand years ago, when people could live to be over 900 years old, such as Adam, who lived to be 930. That was before God numbered our days to 120 years of course. You could get a lot done back then. For example, you could spend a whole lot of time populating the Earth.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited October 2010
    Jason P wrote:
    I could only go as far back as the beginning of indoor plumbing. :D The old west would be interesting though

Well that could be a long, long, time ago....but then you'd have gotten lead poisoning and that would not be good. You would have gone crazy! Or maybe that wouldn't have been much different? JK...heheheeee :lol:8-)

(The Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire)
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    kenny olav wrote:
    I'd like to go back 5 or 6 thousand years ago, when people could live to be over 900 years old, such as Adam, who lived to be 930. That was before God numbered our days to 120 years of course. You could get a lot done back then. For example, you could spend a whole lot of time populating the Earth.
    this rocks :mrgreen:
    years and years of F'ing
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I think the 1920s would be cool.. before the stock market crash. I like the industrial art deco stuff that was going on.

A pirate ofcourse, out of Jamaica, All the Weed and Rum and Whores i could handle. All day everyday.

IF you looked like Cap'n Jack that is....otherwise, just a regular toothless old limey pirate? Nah, no women for you, rum n weed probably all you need. But Cap'n Jack...man, who wouldn't jump those bones? :lol:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2011
    I don't know
    Post edited by rollings on
    Half Full wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

A pirate of course, out of Jamaica, All the Weed and Rum and Whores i could handle. All day everyday.

IF you looked like Cap'n Jack that is....otherwise, just a regular toothless old limey pirate? Nah, no women for you, rum n weed probably all you need. But Cap'n Jack...man, who wouldn't jump those bones? :lol:

Is Cap'n any relation to Jump'n?

could be..are the Flashes and the Sparrows related?
    I used to be really crazy bout Jump'n and his friend Mick
    but lately I much prefer Cap'n and his friend Johnny...yes, much prefer :D

depp-sparrow.jpg
    peace,
    jo

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408

Or, if we want to see the rat in this picture-->
    giant-rat.jpg

LOL! :lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Weird. I was thinking just the other day how I'd love to go back in time to France during the second half of the 19th Century and meet up with Rimbaud, Van Gogh, Gérard de Nerval, e.t.c.
    I'd like to go back in time and catch a glimpse of them - stalk them :twisted: - doing their thing.

I'd like to check out Rimbaud drinking absinthe and tearing it up in the Latin quarter, and I'd like to see Gerard De Nerval taking his pet lobster for a walk around the Luxembourg gardens.
    I'd also like to see Van Gogh hanging out in the cafes of Arles in the south of France.

capucines.jpg

Hotel_paris_absinthe_toulouse-lautrec-monsieur-boileau.jpg

absinthe_greenfairy_oliva.jpg
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I would've made a great hippie chic.. ;) :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad