Options

a 'Live Backspacer' for Dr. Zoidberg

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Many thanks also to Pap for giving us the core of the thing in the first place!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    I'm waiting to see what Cameron4President thinks - he might have got dragged into more than he's bargained for!! He's probably laid up in a darkened room right now trying to get the loop of 'SOMEWHERE THERE'S A SIREN SINGING....' out of his head.

:lol:

We got time......
    He's probably laid up in a darkened room right now trying to get the loop of 'SOMEWHERE THERE'S A SIREN SINGING....' out of his head.
    :lol::lol::lol:

I am definitely in on doing a VS Live disc. I am very busy the next few days and can't really start on it until early next week, but I am in. We need to figure out a format for song selection first, because it would take us years to go through all of those live versions. After we figure out a format, then we should start a thread similar to this one to see what the people have to say about the various versions. Let's do this, it will be fun.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    COOL!!

Early next week then - it's in my diary

Here's the new thread, I was bored this morning!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142563

I'm suggesting that we focus in on just the 'tour' of a particular album - which I would define as starting from when the first songs from the album are played live, until the next album comes out. That should narrow it down a bit. Otherwise your head is going to explode. So the extended 'Vs' tour..... - whichever shows that is - I'll do the math by Monday.

I've heard a lot of shows, a lot of boots in my time, so I have a good ear for the music I think - I don't have my latest itunes library set up like I used to though, and don't have a great memory for shows - so I can listen to mixes, but would be good to start with a core set of songs based on some people's song selection - it would be amazing if you could post this for us on your blog. Makes ALL the difference.

What do you think we are looking for in the Vs mix? I think it needs to flow as an album, add a slightly different twist to the studio version, whilst still doing the song and the lyrics justice - and Vs is probably my favourite PJ studio record, so it's going to be hard to impress me! I guess a blistering version of blood, a moving and wistful Elderly woman, a charged and defiant go and animal.... there should be a few of these floating around!!

If anyone posts in the other thread I'll let them know that we are reconvening on Monday, so they can make suggestions for us / you to look at.

Thanks man - this should be good. Pace yourself though - I have been known to Overdose on PJ in my time!!

• Options
    I like the idea of using the tour that supports the album. Some really good boots came out of 93 - 94. I look forward to starting this on Monday.

The only question I have concerning this format is the sound quality issue: Soundboard boots vs. Audience boots. How do you want to tackle this b/c there are not many SB boots from 93-94? If we pull from SB shows only we will have some duplicate shows in our track listing (Atlanta will be well represented). :D

I wish that I wasn't working this weekend, I want to start this project now. It sucks to wait until Monday. :cry:

ps I will monitor the other thread to see what transpires.
  • Options
    I like the idea of using the tour that supports the album. Some really good boots came out of 93 - 94. I look forward to starting this on Monday.

The only question I have concerning this format is the sound quality issue: Soundboard boots vs. Audience boots. How do you want to tackle this b/c there are not many SB boots from 93-94? If we pull from SB shows only we will have some duplicate shows in our track listing (Atlanta will be well represented). :D

I wish that I wasn't working this weekend, I want to start this project now. It sucks to wait until Monday. :cry:

ps I will monitor the other thread to see what transpires.

I think we should stick with soundboard wherever possible )edit: or at least very good quality audience), especially seeing as we want to keep some kind of 'studio quality' to the thing - so my hunch is there won't be many audience recordings which would sit well alongside the soundboard stuff - if they can compete then we could consider them. I think we should favour soundboard over choosing from different shows - but try and get as good a mixture as possible. Atlanta kind of traps us - because it is so good. But most people will be more familiar with those versions, so it won't really 'add' that much if we just pull from Atlanta. Thrilla has already put in a strong vote for Rats from there. I would look into how many soundboards there are for those shows, but one thing I liked about the way we did the backspacer was I didn't have to get bogged down in listening to loads of versions - it was like listening to a 'surprise' .... sometimes the wood can merge into the trees for me, so I'd rather just listen to other people's suggestions focusing on the overall effect of the piece. Others could do this too, whereas some people might want to get stuck into the individual song selection. My mind is so cluttered with other crap it's nice to just hear something 'afresh'. Broadband is brilliant - I want it to have my children!!

• Options
    Scrap the first part of my last post - we should probably go for the best versions from the best boots, regardless of source. I have heard some terrible audience recordings in my time tho - I'm just tainted by that experience. There must be lots of decent audience to draw from - sounds like you know what they are. I've probably heard many of them, but I forget....

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Scrap the first part of my last post - we should probably go for the best versions from the best boots, regardless of source. I have heard some terrible audience recordings in my time tho - I'm just tainted by that experience. There must be lots of decent audience to draw from - sounds like you know what they are. I've probably heard many of them, but I forget....

I personally think we should try to stick strictly to the SB recordings of 1993-1994. Unfortunately there are not that many, but the project will sound a lot better.

However, if we do decide to go with some audience recordings to populate the "Live Vs", then I would suggest that you take a listen to "St. Petersburg, Florida - March 29, 1994". This is an audience recording that sounds so good that you have a hard time believing that it is not a SB recording. Here is a link below so that you can listen to it if you don't already have a copy.

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... march.html
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I personally think we should try to stick strictly to the SB recordings of 1993-1994. Unfortunately there are not that many, but the project will sound a lot better.

However, if we do decide to go with some audience recordings to populate the "Live Vs", then I would suggest that you take a listen to "St. Petersburg, Florida - March 29, 1994". This is an audience recording that sounds so good that you have a hard time believing that it is not a SB recording. Here is a link below so that you can listen to it if you don't already have a copy.

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... march.html

If that's what you think, then that's what we'll do. You clearly know about these things!! Thanks for the links, I will do some homework. kewl :D

• Options
    BUMP

In case if anybody missed this during the last few days, a few of us have put together a few "Live versions of Backspacer. Version 1 was the rough draft, Version 2 was the final draft, and Version 3 is the final draft with some cool extras thrown in (Bonus Tracks). Here are the links to those 3 versions, Enjoy...

Backspacer Live (Version 1)
    http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... -live.html

Backspacer Live (Version 2)
    http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... ion-2.html

Mixed Metaphor: Backspacer Live (Version 3)
    http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... pacer.html
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    hey this is temporarily unavailable apparently
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    hey this is temporarily unavailable apparently

I know that sometimes Megaupload will say that, and you have to refresh your web browser several times before it becomes available again, but megaupload will also only allow a select number of downloads (so it could be that thing has been downloaded so many times that it is not available anymore). Either way, I will check it myself this evening and re-upload Version 3 to Megaupload and maybe an additional site like mediafire. Sorry for your trouble, hopefully this will become available soon if it hasn't already. Thanks.

EDIT: Actually all 3 Versions are available now (2:34 EST)
  • Options
    magic
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Downloading V.3

this is pretty cool considering I dont even have any 09/ '10 boots yet. (yes I know its a shame. PJ radio stopped me from needing to buy boots <--- I hope they dont read that part)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Downloading V.3

this is pretty cool considering I dont even have any 09/ '10 boots yet. (yes I know its a shame. PJ radio stopped me from needing to buy boots <--- I hope they dont read that part)

Enjoy..

I don't think that you will be disapointed.
  • Options
    Downloading V.3

Enjoy..

I don't think that you will be disapointed.

I wish I wasnt but the RAR file won't expand for me. It says Supersonic is missing or broken so I cant listen to any of it. Any ideas? I have a Mac btw, not sure if that matters.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    It should be fine. All you need to do now is buy a pc!!

Doesn't the 'stuffit expander' handle rar? The Supersonic is fine on mine....

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Never again!

I'll just delete it and re download. I use RAR expander. Maybe Stuffit will work if this doesn't
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Never again!

I'll just delete it and re download. I use RAR expander. Maybe Stuffit will work if this doesn't

Hey 12345AGNST1,

To my knowledge there are a couple of programs on Mac you can use to decompress (open) this file. They are: StuffIt Expander and UnrarX. (Use Download links below)

http://download.cnet.com/StuffIt-Expand ... ag=mncol;1

http://download.cnet.com/UnRarX/3000-23 ... ag=mncol;1

Both of these programs are free with StuffIt Expander being the more popular of the two.

Once you have downloaded and installed either StuffIt Expander or UnrarX, then all you need to do is drag the the .Rar file that you downloaded from megaupload and drop it onto the icon of your expander software. The software will then decompress and open the files so you can use them.

I hope this helps you.
  • Options
    Yeah, give it a try.

My Mother swears by her mac, but she is a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology - it's harder for her to break anything with it! When I was first showing her how to use a mouse several years ago she couldn't understand how to translate a 'forward' motion on the matt into an 'upward' motion on the screen - so when I shouted at her 'MOVE THE MOUSE UP!!' she lifted the whole thing right into the air.....!! :lol:

:shock:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Yeah, give it a try.

My Mother swears by her mac, but she is a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology - it's harder for her to break anything with it! When I was first showing her how to use a mouse several years ago she couldn't understand how to translate a 'forward' motion on the matt into an 'upward' motion on the screen - so when I shouted at her 'MOVE THE MOUSE UP!!' she lifted the whole thing right into the air.....!! :lol:

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Any ideas? I have a Mac
    All you need to do now is buy a pc!!
    Never again!
    My Mother swears by her mac, but she is a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technology

:twisted: Linux :twisted:
  • Options
    i do think there is a problem with megaupload, i could only get so far and then it would stop, any chance you could upload it to a differant site??
  • Options
    It might only allow one person to download at a time. If you persevere you should get a window. I think C4President intends to put it up on Mediafire once he has time.

• Options
    Yeah just tried to re-download. It does seem to be getting stuck at 9.3MB now. I'll have a look see if I can upload it simply. If not, we better wait for Cameron4President

• Options
    satansbed wrote:
    i do think there is a problem with megaupload, i could only get so far and then it would stop, any chance you could upload it to a differant site??

Try this

http://rapidshare.com/files/426802675/M ... r_Live.rar

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

Try this

http://rapidshare.com/files/426802675/M ... r_Live.rar

I'm sorry, but I just got home from work. Thanks Tremors for uploading this for me.
    Here are a few more links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/426803088/M ... r_Live.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?so29bfun94qidgp

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EK0H88TQ

Also the site now has the 3 new links. Enjoy.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Never again!

Hey 12345AGNST1,

To my knowledge there are a couple of programs on Mac you can use to decompress (open) this file. They are: StuffIt Expander and UnrarX. (Use Download links below)

http://download.cnet.com/StuffIt-Expand ... ag=mncol;1

http://download.cnet.com/UnRarX/3000-23 ... ag=mncol;1

Both of these programs are free with StuffIt Expander being the more popular of the two.

Once you have downloaded and installed either StuffIt Expander or UnrarX, then all you need to do is drag the the .Rar file that you downloaded from megaupload and drop it onto the icon of your expander software. The software will then decompress and open the files so you can use them.

I hope this helps you.

I know how to do it. It just wouldn't work
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry - looks like there was a problem with the download. Should be 'fixed' now. If the new one doesn't work for you I think the problem you have may be just on the Macs. I'm about to re-download it to my PC to check all is working OK

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Yeah, sorry - looks like there was a problem with the download. Should be 'fixed' now. If the new one doesn't work for you I think the problem you have may be just on the Macs. I'm about to re-download it to my PC to check all is working OK

A-OK!

• Options
    Version 3 has 3 new links now, so there shouldn't be anymore issues with accessing this file. Enjoy...

http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... pacer.html
  • Options
    got it working! listening now. SoS sounds much better than the record version.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09