how much older/younger would you date?

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mickeyrat wrote:
    you know what?? if youre thinking about it then its a problem.
    or just seeking the validation for an answer hes already got.

whatever. :roll: :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't think age matters only that special connection :D
  • i don't think age really matters. if a younger girl is mature it should be ok, and if an older gal can let herself go and act as young as you feel that is just as cool....it just depends on what you are looking for...if you just want to lay chicks you don't have to have much of a conscience, yet if you want a relationship you need to be a little more careful so that you do not settle, or so you don't just deliberately dick over multiple girls...there is something to be said for being a player and for being the relationship kind....

if you jive together you jive together.

due to recently having my heart destroyed by a girl 8 years younger, i'm not even interested in dating anybody right now... i'm still way too vulnerable...but it is nice when girls pay attention to me. i feel so damaged that i am not even worth a second look, but as time goes on it is getting a little easier....don't get me wrong, i get women throwing themselves at me all the time due to being in my band, and i get a lot of attention from women, but i have never been one to indulge in that kind of thing. i have always been the relationship kind of guy. in my experience sex is alright but it is 1000% better if you are in love...i'm 35 and i'm at the point where i associate sex with love, and being this age i can't bring myself to just sleep with a gal if i am not in love. 10 years ago yes, but not now. i feel like i have outgrown all of that. yes it was fun, but not fulfilling if you know what i mean..

good luck pepe, i know its rough out there, but you can't go on a quest for the right girl, they say the right one will find you... just don't be so arrogant that you are unwilling to be found....

I am sorry about you having your heart destroyed but I like what you said.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i agree

some ppl in here are making me either fart, puke, or piss my pants.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    chadwick wrote:
    i agree

some ppl in here are making me either fart, puke, or piss my pants.

Gastro????? ;):lol:
  • Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm 22.

I'd date no younger than 19, simply for possibly maturity reasons.

I'd date no older than 40 I think.

My girlfriend is 26, and I must say...it's a relief dating an older woman.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I have a friend who has a five year rule, so five years either way of her age... she then extended it to 7 years when she met a great guy who was 7 years older :lol: . Another friend will not date younger at all, and all of her blokes are about 10 years older, and I can't quite get my head around being with someone closer to my parents in age than me...
    I guess I would say 25ish - 35ish for me at 31...
    But, everyone is different!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • i don't think age really matters. if a younger girl is mature it should be ok, and if an older gal can let herself go and act as young as you feel that is just as cool....it just depends on what you are looking for...if you just want to lay chicks you don't have to have much of a conscience, yet if you want a relationship you need to be a little more careful so that you do not settle, or so you don't just deliberately dick over multiple girls...there is something to be said for being a player and for being the relationship kind....

if you jive together you jive together.

due to recently having my heart destroyed by a girl 8 years younger, i'm not even interested in dating anybody right now... i'm still way too vulnerable...but it is nice when girls pay attention to me. i feel so damaged that i am not even worth a second look, but as time goes on it is getting a little easier....don't get me wrong, i get women throwing themselves at me all the time due to being in my band, and i get a lot of attention from women, but i have never been one to indulge in that kind of thing. i have always been the relationship kind of guy. in my experience sex is alright but it is 1000% better if you are in love...i'm 35 and i'm at the point where i associate sex with love, and being this age i can't bring myself to just sleep with a gal if i am not in love. 10 years ago yes, but not now. i feel like i have outgrown all of that. yes it was fun, but not fulfilling if you know what i mean..

good luck pepe, i know its rough out there, but you can't go on a quest for the right girl, they say the right one will find you... just don't be so arrogant that you are unwilling to be found....

I am sorry about you having your heart destroyed but I like what you said.
    thank you. i'm sorry too...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    i am 41 my wife is 48,...so 48 is my range...cause if i date anybody other than my wife i won't make it to 42 :mrgreen:
  • thank you. i'm sorry too...

Matters of the heart suck. :(

Would you like one of my tin foil hats? :D :oops:

yes they do. and it is made worse knowing there is nothing i can do about it.

sure i could use one of those hats, it would be the beginning of my makeover and reinvention lol...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

yes they do. and it is made worse knowing there is nothing i can do about it.

sure i could use one of those hats, it would be the beginning of my makeover and reinvention lol...

I was watching a show today (while I should have been studying) about accidental discoveries like penicillin etc and they were talking about serendipity. So maybe it is true that when we aren't looking, we find what we are looking for. Not that that makes you feel any better right now but I need to hear it so there you go!

*passes tin foil hat over*

Well I am glad I could help with the makeover :D

Let me know if you need anything else!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Dear gimmiesometruth27 & small town beck,
    why aren't you two planning a date?

forgive me for butting in,
    chadwick

p.s. maybe one of you adults are either to young or to old for the other :mrgreen:
    frig that...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    i am 41 my wife is 48,...so 48 is my range...cause if i date anybody other than my wife i won't make it to 42 :mrgreen:
    :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    :lol:

:lol: Yes I concur! I am 29 and I like men 12 weeks older ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Yep, the numeric part doesn't matter (as long as it's legal). It's all in the age they act and feel.
  • must be over 18 years old .....from there no limits..you never know when,where,how ,with who you will fall in in love,or you will like,,,when i was 22 i had a relationship with a 43 years old woman..had great time..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Dyer wrote:
    Yep, the numeric part doesn't matter (as long as it's legal). It's all in the age they act and feel.
    :D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Agreed must be over 18....

but still its a bit odd right? I mean, My father married a woman 20 years younger...Soooooo, if you think about it,
    When he was 20, she was born. Can you imagine approaching her father and asking to date her? A little gross, no? :shock: :? :cry:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I don't have a set range. Have noticed that as I look a little younger than I am I've been speaking to guys who think they are the same age or older than me and when they find out I'm actually older than them (usually only 2-3 years) they seem a little freaked.

Some men seem to have a mental block about a woman being older .... unless it's 'Graduate' older :P :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?