Options

How about a flippin' tweet

58823005882300 Posts: 813
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Just give us some hope or idea. Several of us plan the entires year's vacation around this band. Throw us a bone birdie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    Hope the tweetie bird isn't sick or hurt! :(
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    5882300 wrote:
    Just give us some hope or idea. Several of us plan the entires year's vacation around this band. Throw us a bone birdie.

+1
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    demetrios wrote:
    Hope the tweetie bird isn't sick or hurt! :(

Bird Flu? :eek:
  • Options
    Man I remember the day they announced the East Coast tour.. amazing thread to come home to.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Well according to the last email it looks like we can expect some kind of announcement soon:

"There has been some more activity in the Pearl Jam warehouse rehearsal space. Equipment is being pulled off the shelves and dusted off. Rows of amps have been seen as well as guitars being tuned up. No doubt something is brewing."
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Bird Flu LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Flagg wrote:
    Well according to the last email it looks like we can expect some kind of announcement soon:

"There has been some more activity in the Pearl Jam warehouse rehearsal space. Equipment is being pulled off the shelves and dusted off. Rows of amps have been seen as well as guitars being tuned up. No doubt something is brewing."
    when did you get the 'last' email? i never got it :(
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Flagg wrote:

Cool, I just went and read that too. I got the email yesterday.

Please play Seattle!!!!!
  • Options
    when did you get the 'last' email? i never got it :(
    me either :( can someone be a dear and copy/paste it? please? :(
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    Flagg wrote:

Yep! They are moving all that stuff onto the touring trucks, buying up all that cheap gas till it goes back up again, and heading over to the east for a few show's stops in the Maritimes! ;)
  • Options
    THE LATEST FROM TEN CLUB - Nov 14 2008

Transmissions From The Pearl Jam 10C Digital Lounge:

- New Additions and Specials In The Pearl Jam Goods Store
    - CORIN TUCKER AND EDDIE VEDDER COVER JOHN DOE
    - PEARL JAM: VOTE FOR CHANGE? 2004 TOUR FILM - WATCH THE ENTIRE FILM NOW!
    - The 10C Digital Lounge Scene Report

New Additions and Specials In The Pearl Jam Goods Store

- New Poster Sale:
    PEARL JAM BOSTON 6/30 POSTER designed by AMES BROS will go on sale at 10 a.m pst ON MONDAY 11/17/08 under "SPECIALS" in the GOODS section. Only the Boston 6/30 poster will be sold on Monday, 11/17/08. Check the Pearl Jam Message Pit for future poster sale announcements. Boston 6/30 poster is $30.00 USD + SHIPPING (US $7.50/INT $11.00), ONE PER MEMBER, LIMITED QTY, NOT FOR RESALE. THESE WILL SELL QUICKLY. You must be a current 10c member as of SUN 11/16/08!!. Please understand there is no guarantee that each member will get a poster. POSTERS MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY.

- The Return of the Stickman Shirt:
    Check out the new 2008 Pearl Jam Stickman shirt in the T-Shirts Section of http://pearljam.com/goods/
    *** SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR TEN CLUB MEMBERS: Purchase the new 2008 Pearl Jam Stickman shirt using coupon code “STICKMAN” between 11/14-11/21/08 and receive 25% off the $20.00 purchase price!!!*** This is for member's only. Non-members will only be able to order the shirt at the regular price.

- For a limited time all orders of the "Ames Bros. vs Pearl Jam" hardcover book will receive a new FREE limited edition poster print specially created by Ames Bros. The print is approx. 9"x12" and will ship in 1-2 weeks.

- Purchase “5x1: PEARL JAM THROUGH THE EYE OF LANCE MERCER” for the special price of $30.00 and receive a FREE copy of PLACE/DATE BOOK-SOFT COVER ($50 package value), while supplies last.

- We have unearthed a limited quantity of the Ten Club Edition "Pearl Jam" CD originally released to 10c members in 2006. The CD is in a special "hardcover" package and includes the "Live In NYC 12/31/92" Official Bootleg. Available NOW in the goods section!!!

XMAS SHIPPING DEADLINES:
    With the holidays approaching we wanted to let you know that the suggested cut-off date to get items shipped to you in time for Dec. 25th is:
    - December 12th for U.S. orders
    - November 21st for International orders.
    It's possible that an order after these dates will get to you in time, but to make sure please order in advance.

http://pearljam.com/goods/

TEN CLUB HAS A NEW EMAIL VERIFICATION SYSTEM. PLEASE LOG INTO YOUR TEN CLUB ACCOUNT AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE THE SALE.

CORIN TUCKER AND EDDIE VEDDER COVER JOHN DOE

Corin Tucker and Eddie Vedder have collaborated on a cover of John Doe's "The Golden State" for an EP of the same name available now. This record is the duo's second collaboration after "Hard Sun," off the Into the Wild soundtrack. The Golden State EP features a remix, demo, a live version of the song, and the original version from John Doe's 2007 album A Year in the Wilderness.

http://store.yeproc.com/album.php?id=13960

PEARL JAM: VOTE FOR CHANGE? 2004 TOUR FILM - WATCH THE ENTIRE FILM NOW!

In case you missed it, the entire "Pearl Jam: Vote For Change? 2004" film is available to view for free at pearljam.com.

In 2004, Pearl Jam was one of seventeen musicians who took part in the Vote for Change tour - caravanning through battle ground states to Get Out The Vote. An indie film crew made up of Jeff Ament's filmmaker/ skater friends (see sixstair.com) documented the experience. They captured portions of each of concerts, the crowds, on-the-street interviews, and behind-the-scenes footage leading up to Election Day 2004 - all in 8mm film.

http://www.pearljam.com/activism/vfc.php

THE 10C DIGITAL LOUNGE SCENE REPORT

For those who haven't heard, a new space has been created at the Ten Club Headquarters called the 10C Digital Lounge. All Pearl Jam & Ten Club digital content is now flowing through this space, powered up and thoroughly connected.

Here is what the 10C Digital Lounge has seen and heard these past couple weeks:

- There has been some more activity in the Pearl Jam warehouse rehearsal space. Equipment is being pulled off the shelves and dusted off. Rows of amps have been seen as well as guitars being tuned up. No doubt something is brewing.

- We've been getting great feedback on the new DEEP Magazine as members have been getting it in the mail over the past 2 weeks. If you haven't gotten your issue yet we're sure it will arrive shortly. It's being sent by the US Postal Service so it could take anywhere from 1-6 weeks. We want to thank all the members for their patience in getting this latest issue out. As for the future, we're back on track and have already got several pages of the next issue laid out. We'll be sure to keep you updated on it's progress.

- Rumors have been swirling about a possible re-release of Pearl Jam's TEN album. As with everything this band does, any announcements regarding future releases will come when they are ready and not a moment sooner. Sit tight, you can count on Ten Club to have all the details if and when anything comes our way.

More soon...

TEN CLUB
    http://www.tenclub.net
    http://www.pearljam.com

If you wish to stop getting mail from Pearl Jam, please click this link: $!unsubUrl
  • Options
    thank you animal!! very exciting about the rehearsal space, yum. i'm feeling the need for a PJ fix :)
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Flagg wrote:

This just gave me the impression that they were back in the studio recoding but maybe i'm wrong.

Also, i think we def expect the new Ten release to come with a live version of each song from the past tour. If you recall they asked us which ones we preffered a while back. Cool
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    This just gave me the impression that they were back in the studio recoding but maybe i'm wrong.

Also, i think we def expect the new Ten release to come with a live version of each song from the past tour. If you recall they asked us which ones we preffered a while back. Cool
    You don't need rows of amps to record. You need rows of amps to play concerts.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,232
    aNiMaL wrote:

I agree

I say album is all but done...maybe a bit of tweeking, and picking which songs will be on it

I say they start touring in early/mid March...and continue till the end of '09, all over the place

I'm glad I renewed my membership this week :)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,232
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, some of us actually work for a living (I know, lame!). So, we have to ask our bosses, managers etc for time off like gazillion months in advance. So, yeah, the announcement better comes soon!

Not only that but you have to ask your friends to make time to come with you
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    They do say "rehearsal" space. Seems a bit too early to be rehearsing for a tour that starts in March.
  • Options
    They do say "rehearsal" space. Seems a bit too early to be rehearsing for a tour that starts in March.
    Where did you get March from?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Where did you get March from?

That is what some of the rumors are with a Miami show in March.

I think they are just rehearsing to go into the studio. I would think they have more amps in the rehearsal space than on tour. They probably experiment with different amps to get different sounds. At least I hope so, because I can't do any shows between January and April.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    maybe another Canadian, South American tour followed by completion and release of album THEN May to November world tour. Play Vancouver soon, been THREE years already
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    I am in the group of people who believe Pearl Jam are just gonna start recording the album. I think it is still a good sign. They have probably had some meetings over the past few months, wrote some songs, and now they are ready to record. Maybe spend a couple weeks here. Go home for Christmas. Come back in January and finish up. Album out in April. Tour the rest of the year. But that's just my guess.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    I am in the group of people who believe Pearl Jam are just gonna start recording the album. I think it is still a good sign. They have probably had some meetings over the past few months, wrote some songs, and now they are ready to record. Maybe spend a couple weeks here. Go home for Christmas. Come back in January and finish up. Album out in April. Tour the rest of the year. But that's just my guess.

This was my impression too. Don't think the band is done yet, rather just getting started. Feel like there's been too much going on for everybody to have gotten any real work done over the past few months. They'll hibernate in the studio and emerge with a new record in the late spring.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    aNiMaL wrote:

they use a shit load of different amps in the studio. how many amps do you think each member of the band uses live? their 1-2 amps each are mic'ed and played through "speakers"
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Probably a little early for that. We don't usually get a tweet for festival dates (ie: the rumoured festival in Miami this March). The next tweet will likely be the new album ... if that is even "tweetable" ...

I am positive that is "tweetable" since a the Ames bros book was "tweetable".
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm ready for a tour for sure! And, a new album! :) Can't wait. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277

Make sure you log in to your account and authenticate your email address. And make sure you have opted to get emails from the club. It's optional and you need to check the box for mailings or else you won't get them.
    Sam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Oh, I don't give a shit if nobody comes with me. Most of my friends don't really like Pearl Jam all that much anyway. I have a decent enough TenC number that I will somehow find somebody on various "pearljamgeeks'rus" boards for my extra and I know a fairly high number of people, again from various above mentioned boards that what ever city I travel to, I'll find a roomie or people to share rides and everything.
    I never let "having nobody to go with" stop me from going to a concert :D

Loving you. It's time......let's tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    birds fly south for the winter?

well it cold as feck here right now so fly here little birdy ;)
    wah
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Flagg wrote:

More then likely the new album is being recorded.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    whatever the case.... TEN CLUB.. PLEASE GIVE US ENOUGH TIME BETWEEN TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT AND TICKETS SALES. TICKETS ARE ON THE RISE AND THE ECONOMY IS SHIT AND IT BENEFITS ALL OF US IF WE HAVE A BIT OF TIME TO PREPARE. I swear it felt like tickets went on sale for the 08 tour in like a week of them being announced and it wasn't fun.