SLOBS....!

g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Where do I begin...those of you who have children, is it a constant fight to have your children keep their room in semi clean condition?

My 14 year old daughter has identified herself as a registered Slob. She thinks because she's book smart that neatness and cleanliness (her penmanship is even worse) are something that is not important in daily teenage life. What is the deal, I mean she has a very nice view of the lake, her own bathroom, computer, etc etc and you can't keep it somewhat clean. She has created her own carpet of books, clothes, trash and dust-balls the size of tumbleweeds.

The last thing I want to do on my day off is to spend the morning putting back her space back together again. Yeah I know I'm ranting, I need a smoke and a haircut and I'll feel much better. Wait till she gets home, these children today have way too much. :twisted: my fault.

Anyway do any of you have or had roommates, children, wives, ex-wives, gf's, bf's with this problem? Yes, I'm feeling much better now. :)

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i blame the parents. :mrgreen:

nope, our house is clean. thanks T
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    my folks would have slapped the holy fuck out of me if i had any sort of bullshit attitude.
    and a view of the lake from her very own part of the house?
    lovin it.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:
    my folks would have slapped the holy fuck out of me if i had any sort of bullshit attitude.
    lovin it.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went. You didn't really have a choice about workin' in the acid mine.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    She hates the sox and this is her way of getting back at you
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183

That's a none issue, she really does dislike the Sox. She loves Jeter and A-Nod and enjoys rooting for them and against the Sox. In her heart of hearts though she's an O's fan (like me she roots for the team/state she was born in) but they so far don't have many handsome jocks like those two. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

That's a none issue, she really does dislike the Sox. She loves Jeter and A-Nod and enjoys rooting for them and against the Sox. In her heart of hearts though she's an O's fan (like me she roots for the team/state she was born in) but they so far don't have many handsome jocks like those two. :(

Peace

you made my day :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    g under p wrote:

Peace

you made my day :lol:

and on a serious note

go easy on the kid ..as long as she isn't doing drugs or crazy shit like that
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    You're the parent. You OWN her. If you want her room clean, find a way to make her clean it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    chadwick wrote:
    lovin it.

Yep that's pretty much how my mother handled it and I've been there with that too but now it's in one ear and out the other or off one hand and the other. She has her own leather couch, tropical fishes so on, the only thing she doesn't have is her own tv. We already have 11 in the frigging house along with 5 computers...all 4 children are just spoiled brats.

Just this morning my step son wore jeans he wasn't supposed to and was kicked out of class. He wanted me to drive back 12 miles to school after I drove them there to give him jeans he was supposed to wear. I said hell no, my other half took them to him and this is the second time he wasn't wearing proper uniform. :evil:

They ALL need a whipping and I need a smoke. :mrgreen:

Peace

g under p wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    lovin it.

Yep that's pretty much how my mother handled it and I've been there with that too but now it's in one ear and out the other or off one hand and the other. She has her own leather couch, tropical fishes so on, the only thing she doesn't have is her own tv. We already have 11 in the frigging house along with 5 computers...all 4 children are just spoiled brats.

Just this morning my step son wore jeans he wasn't supposed to and was kicked out of class. He wanted me to drive back 12 miles to school after I drove them there to give him jeans he was supposed to wear. I said hell no, my other half took them to him and this is the second time he wasn't wearing proper uniform. :evil:

Peace

you ppl have 11 tvs in your house?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    g under p wrote:
    The last thing I want to do on my day off is to spend the morning putting back her space back together again. Yeah I know I'm ranting, I need a smoke and a haircut and I'll feel much better. Wait till she gets home, these children today have way too much. :twisted: my fault.

Peace
    You don't clean her room up do you? :o

We had this problem for years. One of the girls was an absolute pig, not just books, clothes etc all over the place but food plates up to 2 weeks old. It was a f***in health hazard. When I saw a plate on her window sill with mold on it I cleared everything, clothes, the lot into bin bags and threw the lot out. She ended up going through the bin retrieving her stuff, there was a major war but she didn't do it again.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    A 14 year old doesn't clean their room?? I'm shocked!! ;) :P

Frankly if you're 14 and have a clean room I'd be worried :lol:
    edited October 2010
    do you know what our mother did when we wouldn't clean our bedroom(s)?
    sometimes us 3 boys shared a bedroom, bunk bed and all.

mom would gather all of our shit up and toss it out into the front yard.
    huge pile of clothes, toys, everything...

not cool.

and if you think she brought all of our stuff back in the house
    you're nuts
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    comfort in chaos
    thats how some teens and adults feel

also its much easier to hide things in plain sight ;)
    chadwick wrote:

I'm starting to think I could live in G's house and he'd never even know it, just the occasional, brief, ghost-like sighting of some nazi looking cracker out in the pool. I assume he has a couple pools...

eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I'm starting to think I could live in G's house and he'd never even know it, just the occasional, brief, ghost-like sighting of some nazi looking cracker out in the pool. I assume he has a couple pools...
    i am farely sure i read the post correctly
    i do have ADD and i am waking up...

11 tvs.
    eyed,,, did i read that correctly?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

i am farely sure i read the post correctly
    i do have ADD and i am waking up...

11 tvs.
    eyed,,, did i read that correctly?

I seem to have seen it as well. That's exactly 11 more tv's than I have.

nuffingman wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    You don't clean her room up do you? :o

We had this problem for years. One of the girls was an absolute pig, not just books, clothes etc all over the place but food plates up to 2 weeks old. It was a f***in health hazard. When I saw a plate on her window sill with mold on it I cleared everything, clothes, the lot into bin bags and threw the lot out. She ended up going through the bin retrieving her stuff, there was a major war but she didn't do it again.

Only partially, she does most of the cleaning. However, today I was in my neatness mood and had had enough. I do understand she's in 9th grade taking college level courses I took in college. All she does is study and swim for the school and she believes cleaning her room is a useless formality.

Peace

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    chadwick wrote:
    sometimes us 3 boys shared a bedroom, bunks bed and all.

not cool.

you're nuts
    :clap::clap::clap: For your Mom.
    i have no idea how people do it.
    11 television sets... one household, one family..

sure a family is usually more than 1 or 2 ppl.
    but 11 tvs?

i am trippin balls right now

11 more tvs than i have
    11 more tvs than eyed has

only time i watch tv is when i go weed shopping down the way
    nice big fat couch/chair... big huge tv and i see it

then i go home to -11 tvs
    life is good

its just what i do
    poetry and being insane does not need to have a tv
    does not need to have a tv

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    nuffingman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

not cool.

you're nuts

I missed this post, Chad. I swear we're brothers. That is exactly what my mom did as well. Even the shit that was put away got tossed outside. It was keep it clean or start the whole freakin' room over. And talk back? Yeah, good luck with that. Kids today...

chadwick wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    lovin it.

Peace

Sadly yes, this came up the other day and I refused to believe it. I actually went around and counted them all and it's 11. Only 4 is used on a regular basis, the rest are in the gym, porch guess room (2) on and on. I don't even watch tv except for sports and History/Discovery Channels. I don't really like TV's

Peace

norm wrote:
    A 14 year old doesn't clean their room?? I'm shocked!! ;) :P

Frankly if you're 14 and have a clean room I'd be worried :lol:

Now that's funny and is true. :lol:

Peace

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    "The last thing I want to do on my day off is to spend the morning putting back her space back together again"

Why are YOU cleaning her room?

This problem is very simply solved. Don't nag her at all about the mess. The next time she asks to go out, tell her she can go AFTER she tidies her room. She will be upset at first, but stand your ground. If she wants to go out, she will clean the room.

Now, stop 'putting her space back together again' and enjoy your day off!
    g under p
    dont be down on yourself
    it is very easy to be sucked into bullshit

im a prick... i refuse to give in and be like everyone else
    also im a loner... im best when im hidden from society

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    "The last thing I want to do on my day off is to spend the morning putting back her space back together again"

Why are YOU cleaning her room?

This problem is very simply solved. Don't nag her at all about the mess. The next time she asks to go out, tell her she can go AFTER she tidies her room. She will be upset at first, but stand your ground. If she wants to go out, she will clean the room.

Now, stop 'putting her space back together again' and enjoy your day off!

Yeah I know I've done that too. It's me I think I'm just in a very bitchy mood today, Pieces people seem to always be very moody. :)

Peace, later

what if you and your guy took the tvs outside
    outback there
    lined 'em up
    and used 'em as target practice?
    that's what i would do

oh wait... gotta invite the children to watch the show :twisted:

exploding tvs was always awesome
    i suppose the glass is different with today's flatscreens
    bummer drag

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    eyedclaar wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

not cool.

you're nuts

I missed this post, Chad. I swear we're brothers. That is exactly what my mom did as well. Even the shit that was put away got tossed outside. It was keep it clean or start the whole freakin' room over. And talk back? Yeah, good luck with that. Kids today...

is your mother crazier than a 3 dollar bill?
    mine is.

:mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I guess I am lucky?

I have a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. My daughter HATES her room being messy. My son's is slightly a mess but all I have to say is.."Am I going to he happy when I go into your room?"

and BOOM!! neatness appears!! YEAH!!! :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • caddyshack.full.jpg
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925