BedBugs - Who's got em?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Not sure if it's media propaganda or legit news, but anyone going through this "crisis?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Not sure if it's media propaganda or legit news, but anyone going through this "crisis?"

Not me, but I just caught bird flu. ;)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:

Not me, but I just caught bird flu. ;)
    You've been hanging around Larry Legend? :o
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    yes, My dog sleeping in my bed every night leaving me less room , BUGS the shit out of me.

Thats a bedbug isn't it? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i had'em two years ago, it's F'n horrible! They came from a neighbor and crawled through the electic socket, bit the hell out of my wife and me and the dog for weeks before we finaly figured out what they were. We had to wash everything ( 27 loads) double bag everything, then we had to move all the furniture away from the walls to the middle of each room, board the dog for 3 days, put all of our media (dvd, cd's, anything that could melt) into giant bins, they drilled holes between every stud in the apt and dropped poison in and then reseal the holes, also did that to all electical outlets and then they brang a machine in and heated up my apt to like 200 degrees for 8 hours, our something like that. We had to put our apt back together again afterwards, repaint everything, take out all those close and rehang them and fold them into the drawers. It Was A Stressful Time! it would have cost us thousands if we had to hire an exterminator ourselves, but luckily the Apt Mang. took full responsablity. The other 7 apt all had to do the same thing. Horrible.
  • jesus... i had no idea what was involved in getting rid of them... that sounds like a nightmare
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • i had'em two years ago, it's F'n horrible! They came from a neighbor and crawled through the electic socket, bit the hell out of my wife and me and the dog for weeks before we finaly figured out what they were. We had to wash everything ( 27 loads) double bag everything, then we had to move all the furniture away from the walls to the middle of each room, board the dog for 3 days, put all of our media (dvd, cd's, anything that could melt) into giant bins, they drilled holes between every stud in the apt and dropped poison in and then reseal the holes, also did that to all electical outlets and then they brang a machine in and heated up my apt to like 200 degrees for 8 hours, our something like that. We had to put our apt back together again afterwards, repaint everything, take out all those close and rehang them and fold them into the drawers. It Was A Stressful Time! it would have cost us thousands if we had to hire an exterminator ourselves, but luckily the Apt Mang. took full responsablity. The other 7 apt all had to do the same thing. Horrible.

WHOA :o What an ordeal. Sorry you had to go through that.

No bed bugs here though. Don't know if its just media hype. But that stuff is horrible :?
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    our house is clean.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lina319 wrote:

Don't know if its just media hype

we all know the media would never blow anything out of proportion
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    our house is clean.

zelda-rubinstein.jpg
    :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
    edited October 2010
    if this crisis happened in May, would PJ have added Bugs to the setlist? Would seem apropo.
    Post edited by YourDirtisMyfood on
  • I'm more concerned about SARS.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

really? never saw poltergeist?
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

really? never saw poltergeist?

years ago.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i had'em two years ago, it's F'n horrible! They came from a neighbor and crawled through the electic socket, bit the hell out of my wife and me and the dog for weeks before we finaly figured out what they were. We had to wash everything ( 27 loads) double bag everything, then we had to move all the furniture away from the walls to the middle of each room, board the dog for 3 days, put all of our media (dvd, cd's, anything that could melt) into giant bins, they drilled holes between every stud in the apt and dropped poison in and then reseal the holes, also did that to all electical outlets and then they brang a machine in and heated up my apt to like 200 degrees for 8 hours, our something like that. We had to put our apt back together again afterwards, repaint everything, take out all those close and rehang them and fold them into the drawers. It Was A Stressful Time! it would have cost us thousands if we had to hire an exterminator ourselves, but luckily the Apt Mang. took full responsablity. The other 7 apt all had to do the same thing. Horrible.
    holy toledo, brother.
    i am speechless.

cockroaches get me insane.
    i have not seen a roach in 12 million years.

i know people that dwell with hard-dickroaches
    horrible bullshit

clean you fucking house
    if your neighbor is a hog, shoot him/her.

rats are bullshit too.
    i wont live with mice, rats, or roaches.
    bedbugs???? never ever saw them
    i imagine they are horrible.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    holy toledo, brother.
    i am speechless.

cockroaches get me insane.
    i have not seen a roach in 12 million years.

i know people that dwell with hard-dickroaches
    horrible bullshit

clean you fucking house
    if your neighbor is a hog, shoot him/her.

rats are bullshit too.
    i wont live with mice, rats, or roaches.
    bedbugs???? never ever saw them
    i imagine they are horrible.

but you shouldn't use chemicals to kill them, right?
    HEY!!!! Chad , what have you got against rats? :twisted:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Got them two weeks ago in San Francisco. I can attest that they are very real and they suck. NPI

Got bit 56 times, made sure not to bring them home with me. I've still got open bite marks where I scratched myself to death.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    i dont live with rats
    mice
    fleas
    ticks
    creeops
    pricks
    cock suckers or dog poops on the fllor

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Wilds wrote:
    Got them two weeks ago in San Francisco. I can attest that they are very real and they suck. NPI

Got bit 56 times, made sure not to bring them home with me. I've still got open bite marks where I scratched myself to death.
    holy shit'

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    i dont live with rats
    mice
    fleas
    ticks
    creeops
    pricks
    welllllll, guess I shouldn't ask if you needed a roommate then.

• Wilds wrote:

how? Where'd you get them?
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    i dont live with rats
    mice
    fleas
    ticks
    creeops
    pricks
    Yet you can live with yourself?

I kid i kid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    listen here 81
    dont make come over there

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    i dont live with rats
    mice
    fleas
    ticks
    creeops
    pricks
    welllllll, guess I shouldn't ask if you needed a roommate then.
    if your mice shit on my floor or in my oatmeal
    im gonna be upset :evil:

you are welcome to stay

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    listen here 81
    dont make come over there

Dimi?

But if you do stop by, bring a bud
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wilds wrote:

how? Where'd you get them?

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn (yeah, my first mistake) on 9th and Mission near the Civic Center.

I deserve ridicule for the next admission, I got 53 of my 56 bites during the first night I stayed there, (yes I stayed a 2nd night), and only 3 the next night.

The city over the past two weeks had something going on, where the room I normally book for about a hundred a night was up around $400.00 a night, and the prices around town were high everywhere.

There were two beds in the room, and I reasoned I would just cover up and sleep in the other bed. Suffice to say it relatively worked other than the fact that I stayed up until 3am and just searched all over for these fuckers. I caught 3 of them and brought one down in the morning to the front desk.

They knew immediately what it was and my summation is that room I stayed in was perhaps the only bad one, as he said something when I checked in about putting me in the noisy room.

They had bed covers, and when questioned in the morning he said he thought the bed covers would stop the biting.

He offered a discount on my next three stays there, but that won't be happening. I did however report the issue to one of the bedbug sites warning people to stay away from that hotel and listed the room number.
  • dude, if you paid w/ a credit card, I would've called the cc company and told them to not put the charge through. You can do that. I was caught in a blizzard once and stopped off at a motel only to find the place a mess with cigar burns in the bed and shit. I bailed, called the cc company and told them the story and they blocked the charge on my bill.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    They,re out of control in NYC

My building had them last year but knock On wood...I never got them

But it's only a matter of time unless they control this problem

Now I hear macys has them but they aren,t telling the public

It's fucking bad. And such a pain in the ass
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    It's not a problem we've had. The only thing we've had is mice and that was an adventure.

Cute little fella isn't he.
    bedbug_main.jpg