Learn something new everyday!

Comments

• chime wrote:
    I knew someone who could lick his own elbow ... long tongue :shock:
    :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chime wrote:
    I knew someone who could lick his own elbow ... long tongue :shock:
    :shock:

Was is Gene Simmons? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    edited September 2010
    FYI
    The Guiness Book of Records states that the person with the widest tongue in the world lives a 4 min drive from my house in Western Australia.

Hey girls, he's 28 and single.
    Post edited by Jo on
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited September 2010
    Jo wrote:
    FYI
    The Guiness Book of Records states that the preson with the widest tongue in the world lives a 4 min drive from my house in Western Australia.

Funnily enough the guy who I knew who could lick his elbow wasn't single ;)
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    chime wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    FYI
    The Guiness Book of Records states that the preson with the widest tongue in the world lives a 4 min drive from my house in Western Australia.

Funnily enough the guy who I knew who could like his elbow wasn't single ;)

It is really good good that he "like" his elbows, self esteem is great. ;)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    English people consume more tea per capita than anybody else in the world (2.5 times more than the Japanese and 22 times more than the Americans or the French).

I haven't had one today!
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    That people put pear on ham sandwiches...WTF?
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Charles Dickens invented the word Boredom 8-)
    Jukee wrote:
    That people put pear on ham sandwiches...WTF?

I know someone who has his woman put peanut butter on his ham and cheese sandwich....but the PB can't touch the cheese...because 'that's just wrong'.... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I learned that there's Amish folks in Mizzip. Who'da thunk it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I'm learning today nothing equals the excitement of seeing your favorite band around the corner.

Also it can rain unending here in S FL during hurricane season.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Selenophobia is the fear of the moon :?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    It rains a lot in London :think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I recently learned that Antarctica is actually the world's largest desert. :geek:

funny you should mention that cause antarctica as a desert was brought up by the zoemonster whilst we were watching march of the penguins day before yesterday. she asked how can this be, its all ice? i explained to her that deserts were determined by rainfall, or lack thereof... and that the (lack of)rainfall in antarctica fell within that determination. she looked suitably fascinated. but not as fascinated as the toddlermonster when we told her penguins are birds despite their inability to fly.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    bats bones are so light in structure that they can support their weight only in tension, not in compression. if they were to stand on their little bat claws their bodies would collapse under the weight.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Learned that definately is spelt definitely, spent my whole adult life spelling it wrong.
    The moon travels at a speed of 2288 mph :shock:
    Orcas (killer whales), when traveling in groups, breathe in unison :D
    The Jack, Queen, King, and Ace designs used on modern cards date back to 16th century France, and have changed little over the years. For a time, the four kings were nicknamed after popular (or notorious) real-world rulers: Alexander the Great for Clubs, Caesar for Diamonds, Charlemagne for Hearts, and Biblical ruler King David for Spades. The practice died out in the French Revolution, along with some real-life kings and queens

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    4and20 wrote:
    The Jack, Queen, King, and Ace designs used on modern cards date back to 16th century France, and have changed little over the years. For a time, the four kings were nicknamed after popular (or notorious) real-world rulers: Alexander the Great for Clubs, Caesar for Diamonds, Charlemagne for Hearts, and Biblical ruler King David for Spades. The practice died out in the French Revolution, along with some real-life kings and queens

That's cool, i always wondered.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    bats bones are so light in structure that they can support their weight only in tension, not in compression. if they were to stand on their little bat claws their bodies would collapse under the weight.
    this is greatness
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DaveyGDaveyG Posts: 225
    I learned that both animal and plant cells contain mitochondrion.
    10/23/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    10/24/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    07/11/11, Paramount Theater, Oakland, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show)
    10/22/11, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show, 25th Bridge School Benefit)
    A 'Jiffy' is an actual unit of time 8-)
    i learnt that being whizzed 285metres above ground level in around 31 seconds and then placing ones head against the glass and looking down to the street tends to give one vertigo.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    :? Carrots used to be purple!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    pandora wrote:

It's also a popcorn and quick lube shop.
    pandora wrote:

It's also a popcorn and quick lube shop.

yeah but we already knew that. :P

my daughter told me that of all the words dr suess made up, only grinch has made it into our lexicon. she learnt this she said from a wrapper she was discarding but...

apparently the first appearance of the word nerd came in dr suess's if i ran the zoo, so... :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    classic-donald_sm.jpg Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy :D
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    A monkey's skull wrapped in leather and paper was used as a soccer ball in the very first World's Cup Soccer Championships in Uruguay
    pandora wrote:
    Orcas (killer whales), when traveling in groups, breathe in unison :D

and did you know orcas stay with their mammas all their lives?

i love orcas. truly truly love them.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say