Philly this weekend...

2»

Comments

• I'm sure I could get all nuts in this thread when it comes to watering holes and food, but I'll keep it real short(yeah right).

Best burger by far is at PYT in Northern Liberties - pistachio crusted lamb burger. Ahhhhhh mmmmm....mouth watering. And get it with a Jack Rabbit Slim - Maker's Mark vanilla milkshake. Dear.....Lord.

!!! are coming to town? Damnit. I didn't know about this. Speaking of which, they've got their own burger at PYT as well.

• Best burger by far is at PYT in Northern Liberties - pistachio crusted lamb burger. Ahhhhhh mmmmm....mouth watering. And get it with a Jack Rabbit Slim - Maker's Mark vanilla milkshake. Dear.....Lord.

That sounds awesome. What does PYT stand for?

Also, I heard the Italian pork sandwiches at Tony Luke's are a hidden gem. Is that accurate?
  • crazypjfan wrote:

Best burger by far is at PYT in Northern Liberties - pistachio crusted lamb burger. Ahhhhhh mmmmm....mouth watering. And get it with a Jack Rabbit Slim - Maker's Mark vanilla milkshake. Dear.....Lord.

Also, I heard the Italian pork sandwiches at Tony Luke's are a hidden gem. Is that accurate?

I think it's Pretty Yummy Things.

Yeah, Tony Luke's is good, but the best roast pork is at John's Roast Pork off of Delaware Ave. near the Ikea. They're only open till 3 though, but totally worth it.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    crazypjfan wrote:

The hot roast pork at tony lukes is my favorite philly sandwich

Someone else mentioned Standard Tap in Northern Liberties. GREAT place to go for happy hour or lunch

where are you staying while you're here? Can definitely recommend some places based on what part of town you'll be in
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    there's this place called applebees. you should check it out.
    www.myspace.com
  • there's this place called applebees. you should check it out.

Are you crazy ?!?!?!

TGIF is the best place in Philly to eat
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    there's this place called applebees. you should check it out.

Are you crazy ?!?!?!

not enough flare for my liking
    www.myspace.com
  • there's this place called applebees. you should check it out.

Are you crazy ?!?!?!

not enough flare for my liking

Alright...alright

How about Bennigans ?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276

How about Bennigans ?

didn't they go belly up?

tell ya what, if you want a case of all night farts, get the sheppard pie at the elephant room at the crown plaza.

oh baby....that was a fun night in philly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The Fixer wrote:
    where are you staying while you're here? Can definitely recommend some places based on what part of town you'll be in

We will be in Somerton on Friday night but near Fishtown on Saturday.
  • Ok then PYT is your best bet, very close to Fishtown

there's always something going on at the Piazza at Schmidts

http://www.atthepiazza.com/about-the-piazza.html
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Then definitely get a burger and adultshake from PYT. Do it.
  • 81 wrote:

How about Bennigans ?

didn't they go belly up?

tell ya what, if you want a case of all night farts, get the sheppard pie at the elephant room at the crown plaza.

oh baby....that was a fun night in philly

I think they did

I was being a wise-ass

:P

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    You can always check out Paddy's Pub in south philly :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Johnny Brenda's is a cool spot in Fishtown. Standard Tap is in Northern Liberties, which isn't far from there. I love Standard Tap
  • The Fixer wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Johnny Brenda's is a cool spot in Fishtown. Standard Tap is in Northern Liberties, which isn't far from there. I love Standard Tap

Thanks man! We might hit up Standard Tap.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Philly was great. Went to the Midtown Festival and drank some good seasonals. Standard Tap was a cool place. We also hit up the place next store for a mixed 6 pack. Good stuff for a $20 six pack!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Philly was great. Went to the Midtown Festival and drank some good seasonals. Standard Tap was a cool place. We also hit up the place next store for a mixed 6 pack. Good stuff for a $20 six pack!

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. Come back anytime! That does not go for Keyshawn Johnson, Jemele Hill, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Trent Dilfer, Mike Greenberg, Terry Bradshaw, Deion Sanders, Cris Carter, and the list goes on. None of them are welcomed here, but you are. :thumbup:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Glad to hear you had a good time. Philly is underrated as a city. It gets a bad wrap, but there is a ton of stuff to do.
    crazypjfan wrote:

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. Come back anytime! That does not go for Keyshawn Johnson, Jemele Hill, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Trent Dilfer, Mike Greenberg, Terry Bradshaw, Deion Sanders, Cris Carter, and the list goes on. None of them are welcomed here, but you are. :thumbup:

Nice!

What about T.O.?
    So, I was standing in line to piss outsides of McGillin's and started talking to this guy and his gf. He says to me, "You might want to try another pisser cuz my gf has to shit!" HAHAHA :lol: I couldn't stop laughing after his gf proceeded to leave him!

Anyway, Steve's on Bustleton has some killer chicken cheese steaks. I love American cheese on it:)
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    crazypjfan wrote:
    So, I was standing in line to piss outsides of McGillin's and started talking to this guy and his gf. He says to me, "You might want to try another pisser cuz my gf has to shit!" HAHAHA :lol: I couldn't stop laughing after his gf proceeded to leave him!

Anyway, Steve's on Bustleton has some killer chicken cheese steaks. I love American cheese on it:)

Yeah, that place ain't bad.

And McGillin's is a good time. Sounds like some scumbags I would know...
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I'm a New Englander by birth but I love this city. :)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

Philly is underrated as a city. It gets a bad wrap, but there is a ton of stuff to do.
    yup it is and it doesn't deserve the bad wrap it gets
    Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. Come back anytime! That does not go for Keyshawn Johnson, Jemele Hill, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Trent Dilfer, Mike Greenberg, Terry Bradshaw, Deion Sanders, Cris Carter, and the list goes on.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?