Atlanta Braves fans

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Is there any hope for us??? This team is gonna give me a heart attack before the year's over
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The Braves have forgotten how to play baseball. A season of renewed hope is quickly fading.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • hope in winning the East, I have to say no....down 5 with 10 to go doesn't look good unless we can somehow beat the Phillies tonight and sweep them to end the year, but even then we need some other help

I think there's a good shot at the wild card if we can go 7-3 to end the year....

all in all, the year is better than I expected...I was thinking we'd be right around .500 and not even contending for a spot in the post-season
  • hope in winning the East, I have to say no....down 5 with 10 to go doesn't look good unless we can somehow beat the Phillies tonight and sweep them to end the year, but even then we need some other help

I think there's a good shot at the wild card if we can go 7-3 to end the year....

all in all, the year is better than I expected...I was thinking we'd be right around .500 and not even contending for a spot in the post-season

You underestimated your team to start with. They should've been a playoff contender.

I don't know what McCann was thinking tagging on Victorino.

I think they had some good luck with lack of injuries and good performances earlier in the season, and that's running out now. They should still be able to beat out SD for the wild card if they stop choking. Their best hope might be to let the Phils run away with the division so they rest the big 3 in the last series in ATL.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • You underestimated your team to start with. They should've been a playoff contender.

I don't know what McCann was thinking tagging on Victorino.

I think they had some good luck with lack of injuries and good performances earlier in the season, and that's running out now. They should still be able to beat out SD for the wild card if they stop choking. Their best hope might be to let the Phils run away with the division so they rest the big 3 in the last series in ATL.
    There's no doubt I underestimated the team to start out. But like the saying goes, it's better to be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed ;) There were quite a few reasons though:
    1) I hated the Vazquez for Cabrera trade. The only way this trade works out is if Arodys Vizcaino lives up to expectations, but that's not a certainty.
    2) I didn't particularly like signing Glaus. I was eating crow through mid-July, then he just completely disappeared. I thought our first baseman was playing at AAA Gwinnett the whole year (Freeman). I know some people said he wasn't ready, but his AAA stats don't show that.
    3) We've got a good, young group of core players, but I thought they still needed a bit more experience before they broke through and won the division or earned a wild card.
    4) We had to rely on role players stepping up and having big years. For the most part that's happened with guys like Infante and Prado, but having to rely on that is definitely uncertain at the beginning of the year.
    5) Kenshin Kawakami - enough said
  • All that said, I do think the future is bright for the Braves. If the young guys keep progressing, we should be contenders for the next few years. Plus, we've got a good farm system in place with some prospects that I think will turn out to be some pretty good MLB players.

Now if we can just find a way to get the WC....
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,673
    I still remeber when the BlueJays killed them back in the early 90's (twice),then to go on and win back to back World Series :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    I still remeber when the BlueJays killed them back in the early 90's (twice),then to go on and win back to back World Series :D

Blue Jays beat Braves in 6 in '92, last game in extra innings. They beat the Phils in 6 in '93, last game on, well, you know. I wouldn't say they "killed" anyone.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    When we first moved from Milwaukee here to Atlanta in 91 the Braves were doing awesome...the 90's were unbelievable! It was special also that they had come from Milwaukee too!
    I watch occasionally, my daughter is a big fan, going to a lot of the games.
    It's Bobby's last year, I hope they can do it for him, he deserves that...."he's a good kid'... :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • .5 game lead over the Giants for the Wild Card with 9 games left

hopefully they can remember how to hit and sweep the Nats...
  • guys you don't stand a chance of beating the phils in the playoffs
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • guys you don't stand a chance of beating the phils in the playoffs
    right now we just need to concentrate on actually making the playoffs

when/if that happens, we'll worry about the Phils if both Atl and Philly win their divisional series
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am not a braves fan but i am a sympathizer.
    I watch baseball all the time so living in Atlanta with Peachtree TV, Fox Sports South, etc pretty much every game is on TV. I have been to 10 games this year at Turner field so between in person and on tv i know the team pretty well.

If the Wild Card ends in a tie with San diego or San Francisco the Braves will host the win and in game on October 4th.

If it comes to that it will be very exciting. The braves would probably move Tim Hudson's start up a day and he would pitch that game on short rest. Hudson is my favorite pitcher in the majors right now. Always been a fan.

PS I root for the braves also for selfish reasons. If they make it they have a shot at the world series and possibly a date with the yankees. I could at least see games one and two at turner field :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Is there any hope for us??? This team is gonna give me a heart attack before the year's over
    The Braves have turned into the METS!!!!!
    The poor fella in my office has been bellyaching about their pending demise for weeks now. Looks like they'll be damn lucky to get in at all now.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Is there any hope for us??? This team is gonna give me a heart attack before the year's over
    The poor fella in my office has been bellyaching about their pending demise for weeks now. Looks like they'll be damn lucky to get in at all now.

Take that back! The Mets just touch the edge of mediocrity, then fall back. At least the Braves make a show of it. ;)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks

Take that back! The Mets just touch the edge of mediocrity, then fall back. At least the Braves make a show of it. ;)
    While you do make a solid point, I will not take it back just because the Mets have had some collapses of near monumental proportions in recents years if I am not mistaken. :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • While you do make a solid point, I will not take it back just because the Mets have had some collapses of near monumental proportions in recents years if I am not mistaken. :D

True, but I wouldn't characterize the Braves' recent failure as a "collapse of monumental proportions." When your team is missing its' All-Star third baseman and half the pitching staff is going down with injuries so late in the year, there's not much you can do. When you have to call up minor leagues pitchers to cover down on injuries, it's going to be difficult to win those games.

Now, when it comes to the bats, that's another story altogether. ;)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    While you do make a solid point, I will not take it back just because the Mets have had some collapses of near monumental proportions in recents years if I am not mistaken. :D
    least the mets can actually sell out playoff games and have fans that care bout the team unlike braves fan

and yes the braves did choke this season

whata great send off for bobby cox

:mrgreen:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Remember when the Twins kicked your ass in 1991? God, that was great. Is Fonda still waving her hand around like an idiot?
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    I'm bummed.

It would be nice if we could at least go to the postseason...

I mean...come on... it's Bobby Cox's last season!

Let's win another for the old fella!
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Remember when the Twins kicked your ass in 1991? God, that was great. Is Fonda still waving her hand around like an idiot?

Kicked ass? You know I'm not a Braves fan, but a 7 game series with 4 walkoffs and a final game 1-0 in 10 innings is not an "ass kicking." They took advantage of their homefield advantage and won 4 home games, 17 years ago.

Remember when the Twins kicked your ass in 1991? God, that was great. Is Fonda still waving her hand around like an idiot?

Kicked ass? You know I'm not a Braves fan, but a 7 game series with 4 walkoffs and a final game 1-0 in 10 innings is not an "ass kicking." They took advantage of their homefield advantage and won 4 home games, 17 years ago.

how bout that jack morris.....one of the all time great series.
    www.myspace.com
  • As much as I hate to say it, that 10 inning CG shutout by Morris was a masterpiece.

I still have nightmares about Lonnie Smith's baserunning...
    As much as I hate to say it, that 10 inning CG shutout by Morris was a masterpiece.

I still have nightmares about Lonnie Smith's baserunning...

masterpiece is even an understatement. it was one of the greatest, most clutch, pitching performances in the history of the game!
    www.myspace.com
  • well now that they narrowly pulled out a playoff berth, lets see if the boys can pony up and win a few for Bobby. I think the loss of Prado is going to be their ultimate demise...
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    well now that they narrowly pulled out a playoff berth, lets see if the boys can pony up and win a few for Bobby. I think the loss of Prado is going to be their ultimate demise...

I think the SF rotation will be our ultimate demise...Huddy has pitched his ass off all year...Other than him, everyone else has been no 3 or 4 at best...I give us no shot if you want the truth. Wouldnt surprise me if we got swept...:-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Bump up for 2011 season here. Thoughts on how things have been going so far? JJ's been pitching lights out, intrigued by Julio T. Uggla's been a disappointment so far. Could Lowe be expendable for a better bat somewhere?
    hell braves fans

www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    hell braves fans

These games are fun. Huh? ;)

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    hell braves fans

These games are fun. Huh? ;)
    Last nights was :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!