Options

Brad US Tour dates (updated)

13»

Comments

• Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    I winked when I mentioned that song :) I knew the title and history...thanks any way. Except I did not know they were friends.

my pics of bubbles are in my shoe boxes filled with pics from when we had those old fashioned photos. I have just one hanging up at work. for years I have been saying I'm going to post them. thanks for the hampsterdam explanation. I do not know any of the characters on the wire, only saw 1 episode. It came on HBO and I never had that. That's why I did not know who Andre was til he asked me about my job and then of course, I asked him where he works. he was on his way to B'more to film another episode of the Wire (this was 2005.)

I hope Brad comes around here again!
    Sorry, didn't get the wink!
    The Wire actually did poorly ratings-wise when it was on TV. For some reason, though, it just skyrocketed when the DVD boxed set was released. I think because the plots are so dense, with so many characters, it would be difficult to keep up with on a week-by-week basis. Bubbles' story arc is one of the best in the show, actuallly.

My wife and I did that 2008 US PJ tour (Virginia Beach to Boston) and were considering going to Baltimore on a side trip (we flew into Boston a week before the VA show and gave ourselves a week to get to VA, then followed the tour north by car). We ended up driving around New Jersey instead-she likes Springsteen, so we went to Asbury Park, Atlantic City and all that instead. We hadn't seen the Wire at this point: I wanted to go to Baltimore coz we're both huge Counting Crows fans, and we know it's "Raining in Baltimore". :)

I've seen Brad twice:
    1998 01 11: Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide, Australia
    2002 10 26: 9.30 Club, Washington, DC

The shows were always kind of messy and chaotic, what with the swapping of intstruments and all. Adelaide was supporting Ben Harper, and the band were tight, but was just missing that 'spark' and the audience at the DC gig was quite obnoxious, the band did a LOT of instrument swapping (although it was fun to watch Stone play drums-poorly-on 'Revolution' and I wasn't particularly invested in '...DIscovery Park' as an album, so the DC setlist wasn't particularly pleasing either.

The best Shawn Smith show I saw was this:
    2008 05 07: National Centre for Early Music, York, UK
    That show blew my mind. Shawn played solo, on a baby grand piano, in a deconsecrated church. It was fucking mindblowing, and I mean mindblowing. About 180 people there, all of them fans...you could have heard a pin drop. On my recording, you can even hear Shawn keeping rhythm by tapping his own foot on the floor. Fucking phenomenal.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    edited October 2010
    iluvcats wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

I loved Brad last night. Yes home of the Wire. Never knew anything about that show til I met "Bubbles" on a train. Did not know who he (Andre Royo) was and I sat with him and his daughter going from NYC to B'more.

I tried taking videos last night. Will let you know if they turned out. I wasn't taking my good camera to the home of the Wire :) Brad blew me away last night. So my camera didn't have alot of memory and did little clips.
    here are some pics:
    http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19 ... more%20MD/
    p.s. very sorry, no videos. I'm disappointed :(

Thanks for posting those pics! I was at the show too, my first time seeing Brad live. They were outstanding. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but man they blew me away--very pleasantly surprised.

The show also further solidified my view that Stone is simply a phenomenal guitarist. Since I always get shitty seats at PJ shows, I'll probably never see him up close in action as I did last night (unless of course Brad tours again in my area). Overall, I'm still pretty psyched from the show, met a few great fellow PJ-ers too. Good times.
    Post edited by OffHeGoes132 on
  • Options
    I wish people liked this band more for Shawn's amazing singing and vocal abilities, rather than for the guitar player of Pearl Jam.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Great time last night. Met Stone before the show and talked for a few minutes. Asked about possible S. America rumors and he smiled and said he had no idea what their plans were. Got him to sign to cool inserts photos that came with the 10 reissued boxset :D:D Great night
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    I wish people liked this band more for Shawn's amazing singing and vocal abilities, rather than for the guitar player of Pearl Jam.

Actually you're right, I should have also pointed that out in my previous post. Shawn's voice was excellent; spot-on through every song and he was really warm to the crowd. I think I much prefer this band live than I do in the studio. I do have to admit that while I was mostly excited to see Stone, I was distracted almost entirely by Shawn's performance. Anyways, didn't mean to sound like I was there only to see the "Pearl Jam guitarist."

BTW the opener was great too!
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:
    Great time last night. Met Stone before the show and talked for a few minutes. Asked about possible S. America rumors and he smiled and said he had no idea what their plans were. Got him to sign to cool inserts photos that came with the 10 reissued boxset :D:D Great night

and your opinion on the music?
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Wow what a great show
    It's a shame they aren't more well known

Was smoking a stogie before the show and who comes hopping out of the tour bus...Stoney g :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    excellent show. loved hearing stone get to play the leads, the entire band seemed to be having a great time, shawn has an excellent voice but maybe should hit the bike a little....
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by joeybuckets on
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    you can thank stone gossard for getting more people into shawn smith. the only reason why i went last was to see stoney in a different setting and i walked saying wow shawn smith has an amazing voice.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rhpot1991rhpot1991 Posts: 150
    ZOMIC wrote:
    Cant wait for the Philly show tomorrow....Dont forget that there will be added traffic with the Phil's(woot woot) game~!

Here is the show poster...illustrated by me for tomorrow evenings show....The band will have these for sale at the show. Its a 4-color Silk Screen edition of 70.

b-1-1.jpg

Why didn't I see this for sale there? They only had the free "poster" that was printed on paper.
  • Options
    rhpot1991 wrote:
    ZOMIC wrote:
    Cant wait for the Philly show tomorrow....Dont forget that there will be added traffic with the Phil's(woot woot) game~!

Here is the show poster...illustrated by me for tomorrow evenings show....The band will have these for sale at the show. Its a 4-color Silk Screen edition of 70.

b-1-1.jpg

Why didn't I see this for sale there? They only had the free "poster" that was printed on paper.

These came out after the doors opened, about 10:30 or so, when Happy was on stage. There were a few left at the end of the show. I was lucky and got #36/70. Sweet poster!
  • Options
    rhpot1991rhpot1991 Posts: 150
    rhpot1991 wrote:
    ZOMIC wrote:

b-1-1.jpg

These came out after the doors opened, about 10:30 or so, when Happy was on stage. There were a few left at the end of the show. I was lucky and got #36/70. Sweet poster!

Thats too bad, I got there early to try and get a poster. Anyone have a spare or know where I can get my hands on one?
  • Options
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options

Was looking for one. Santos posted the first few shows in a thread
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I was at the St.Louis show..I will list the tracks I remember them playing..This isn't official by any means and not in the right order...Price fo Love, Believe in Yourself, Secret Girl, The Day Brings, Upon My Shoulders, Every Whisper, Screen, Buttercup, Low and one track I didn't know....I think it was a Satchel track..I could be missing a track or two..But, that is majority of the setlist...

It was an amazing show..Brad played Price of Love, Believe in Yourself, Upon My Shoulders and one other at Vintage Vinyl...I will try figure out which was the other track they played at Vintage Vinyl...I had my Brad Best Friends vinyl signed by all the members of Brad...

Jeremy
  • Options
    This is how I feel....

If there was a reason, it was you
  • Options
  • Options
    ZOMICZOMIC Posts: 5
    [/quote]

Thats too bad, I got there early to try and get a poster. Anyone have a spare or know where I can get my hands on one?[/quote][/quote]
    I have a few extra for sale. PM me your address and I'd let you know the total on it.

These are 4-color silk screened posters
  • Options
    MISSOULA, ITS TIME >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    ZOMIC wrote:

Thats too bad, I got there early to try and get a poster. Anyone have a spare or know where I can get my hands on one?[/quote][/quote]
    I have a few extra for sale. PM me your address and I'd let you know the total on it.

These are 4-color silk screened posters[/quote]

I sent you a few PMs and still haven't gotten a response, hopefully these are still available.
  • Options
    ZOMICZOMIC Posts: 5
    Sorry about that. I've been busy since the beginning of Oct.

I put the remaining ones up for sale via gigposters

http://www.gigposters.com/classifieds/d ... 1967&pre=1