No! Genetic Modified Salmon

2»

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Genetically modified Atlantic salmon sounds gross and wrong to me.

Stay the fuck away from the far superior Pacific salmon!!! Pacific Salmon needs no modifications!!!
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    arthurdent wrote:
    JzP wrote:

they aren't feeding them growth hormones they are injecting genes from coho salmon and some type of eel.

how is this any different than cross-breeding to produce improved genetic traits?

It is no different I just feel uncomfortable when naturally salmon and eel do not reproduce. The only reason it is happening is because of scientist mixing genes with incompatible species. Cross breeding should stop within that species.
    ~JzP
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Sorting Out The Myth And Reality Of Transgenic Fish

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2010/09/2 ... c=fb&cc=fp
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    scb wrote:
    Sorting Out The Myth And Reality Of Transgenic Fish

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2010/09/2 ... c=fb&cc=fp

i think the primary problem with transgenic fish is not necessarily in the actual fish itself as to determine the long-term health studies would take a lifetime and hard to address ... my primary problem with GMO's is the the influence of multinational corporations such as Monsanto ... they end up owning all the rights to the fish and its implications to the fisheries and the industries related to them ... look what they've done with corn and soy ...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    arthurdent wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    wal-mart pharmacy = cheap and fast service... fuck them.
    i am getting my drug needs & whatnot from my local pharmacist.

Wal-mart pharmacy=$4 for most of my prescriptions. And since I don't have insurance right now, whatever local pharmacy I pick is going to be unable to match that.
    i know.
    and it sucks a bit.
    i had zero insurance forever and i'd get my meds from wal-mart too.

eat fish
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce