FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I KNOW there are other people who love this time of year as much as I do

-Pumpkin related foods
-Halloween parties and concerts
-Fall cool weather
-Whatever you call that smell the woods makes in the fall/winter
-Bonfires
-The excitement leading up to Thanksgiving.

Note: This is the pre-Thanksgiving thread. Thanksgiving discussion can only be mentioned, not analyzed or dwelt upon. The purpose of this rule is to save discussion for the inevitable "THANKSGIVING/CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY SEASON" thread.

Let's start with Halloween plans!!!

Mine: PHISH IN ATLANTIC CITY BABY!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oh, and football.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    New England in the fall - what could be more gorgeous? (Well, Virginia in the fall is gorgeous too. Los Angeles - not so much.)

Leaves changing color.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Enkidu wrote:
    New England in the fall - what could be more gorgeous? (Well, Virginia in the fall is gorgeous too. Los Angeles - not so much.)

Leaves changing color.
    +1. New England in the fall is beautiful. The weather, the foliage, apple picking. I enjoy going out on Halloween night with my little brother. He has a great time and somehow manages to get inside people's houses. It's really funny.

A major, major plus is Daylight Savings Time...we gain that hour of sleep!!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOO to this thread
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Fall is definitely the best part about going to school in the middle of nowhere, CT.
  • Options
    FirstExit wrote:
    Fall is definitely the best part about going to school in the middle of nowhere, CT.
    Haha where in CT?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    no halloween plans. thanksgiving will see turkey. hopefully my brother can make it to town. christmas is a planned vacation to savannah, although that could change.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    81 wrote:
    no halloween plans. thanksgiving will see turkey. hopefully my brother can make it to town. christmas is a planned vacation to savannah, although that could change.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    thi kid is back,,81 is back..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Haha where in CT?

UConnville aka Storrs. Originally from East Haven though.
  • Options
    btw to add to the fall festivities, i had some Edy's Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream. EPIC!
  • Options
    FirstExit wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Haha where in CT?

Yep. Definitely in the middle of nowhere. You can really drive through Storrs.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Haha where in CT?

Yep. Definitely in the middle of nowhere. You can really drive through Storrs.

Not too many people know this, but Storrs is actually not a town at all. The only addresses that contain "Storrs" are UConn related. Literally everything else off campus is part of Mansfield.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    thi kid is back,,81 is back..
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Love this time of year. Had a pumpkin latte last week at Peetes coffee, then took the kids to haloween at Disneyland for their halloween decorations yesterday. Granted it was in the mid-80's so it didn't feel like fall, but it was still a fun time.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    My birthday is on Thanksgiving day this year...

Oh how I love turkey and pumpkin pie!!!

Not sure what the Halloween plans are this year, have a friends wedding to go to in October though...

Seasonal Fall beers and football!! Yep, I too love this time of year!!!
  • Options
    I can't wait to take my 15 month old (he'll be almost 17 months) out for his first "real" trick-or-treat experience on Halloween.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    last day of summer...i hate you all
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

I miss summer already.
  • Options

I miss summer already.

its so sad :cry:

neily gets miserable now...50 degrees and im freezing
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

this
  • Options

I miss summer already.

its so sad :cry:

neily gets miserable now...50 degrees and im freezing

the way I see it, when it gets to this point, at least there's the holidays/fall to look forward too.

Now, after Christmas and New Years? That's when it starts getting MISERABLE!
  • Options
    What about now till Halloween, that's the best tree part of the season, plus the football and the Hoodies and Sweatshirts come out, plus the Hockey, plus my birthday most importantly :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    What about now till Halloween, that's the best tree part of the season, plus the football and the Hoodies and Sweatshirts come out, plus the Hockey, plus my birthday most importantly :mrgreen:

nice! wish I had a fall birthday. mine falls in the middle of march. February and March are probably my absolute hands down least favorite months. just absolutely miserable thinking about them lol
  • Options
    +1!!!!!! It's beautiful in CT or New England for that matter.
  • Options
    sup guys, just posting some pics from the halloween party I went to last year! best one ever by far!

103024-Pearl-Jam-As-Devo-Spectrum-Halloween.jpg
  • Options
    bump for the PM crew
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    I used to go to probably the biggest Halloween party in philly, The Henri David Ball (awesome costumes!). Missed it the past two years though. The first one was because I went to the Phillies parade and by the time I got home i was beat. And of course last year cuz of PJ SPectrum show :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Going to a Halloween Party with my friends.... we're dressing up as "sexy witches" ;)

I love the fall and Christmas time, after that winter sucks !!!! :evil:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Love the fall... the weather, apple picking, football, hockey, leaves changing, etc... it's by far my favorite season of the year.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I love fall for sure, but there's no way I can think about that now when the temps are still running around 100 in these parts. At least there's something to look forward to while I'm busy sweating my balls off :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all