Options

ed opens tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Lizard wrote:
    i think he will be wearing this hat to every show.
    fishing around in stone's closet again eh?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    I wish I were there, going to be a great set of shows!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    No way is the band doing this with him. NO WAY.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 592
    Would like to see some others, be it the band or not, helping out on some PJ songs AFTER eddie plays solo. Won't be on here tonight or tomorrow to save the surprise of setlist, solo/not solo, etc.
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Yeah I'm going to San Diego 1 and I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to make an appearance on here until then or not. I'd really rather just have the whole show be a surprise...but then again I don't have the strongest will and wouldn't doubt it I sneek a peak on here.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    Yeah I'm going to San Diego 1 and I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to make an appearance on here until then or not. I'd really rather just have the whole show be a surprise...but then again I don't have the strongest will and wouldn't doubt it I sneek a peak on here.

oh you know you'll read tonight's thread....;) :D
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    cutback wrote:
    oh you know you'll read tonight's thread....;) :D

I am going to san diego as well, and I was going to try and not go onto the board until after the show. But there is no way. I know I am going to be on here all night just waiting for bits of info.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    irieinindy wrote:
    I am going to san diego as well, and I was going to try and not go onto the board until after the show. But there is no way. I know I am going to be on here all night just waiting for bits of info.

hehehe...yea i've been waiting for this since the tour was announced...i want to soak it all in whether it's here or at the shows....see ya in san diego!! :)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    will ed come out for a preset solo?
    just kidding, but please, someone, PLEASE, let us know if there is a band with him so I have time to cancel my trip if he has backup(unless they are named Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt, Jack, or Boom.)
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    acutejam wrote:
    Man, I'm really torn -- I KNOW we'll get some Ed solo, hoping it's just the first set and he does bring out some accompanyment -- Irons and Flea works, or PJ, or anyone!

As I listen to ITW more and more, 2 or 3 major songs just gotta have accompanyment! Even if it's just a second dude on acoustic! (Reynolds and Matthews). Interesting the sparse PJ tunes in Seattle warm-up, neh?

I think about the solo guitarists I've seen -- and admittedly I've gone because of their GUITAR work, not their storytelling, vocals, presence etc. I think Ed has enough presence to hold the audience in rapture for the whole show -- but c'mon, he's kinda sloppy on the guitar, I'm not going for his technical mastery of his intruments (ok ok, he wails on the Uk!)

So Hedges he's not. Kottke he's not. Matthews nope -- I'm searching, I know Neil does a lot of solo acoustic and that's a good model to think about, but Neil usually brings out da band too. I've seen Stills and Nash by themselves, two guys who wail and wail. The staind dude (sorry) does the acoustic thing, again, as a strong presence and holding an auidence -- but not so much technical mastery.

Dare I say it -- if he goes pure solo, is he walking in Dylan's footsteps? The sage/storyteller? Ok, I buy dat!

But really -- who else pulls off full shows solo at this level? (I'm sure there's a lot of folks I'm missing!)

As said -- regardless, it's gonna be just fine!

Ed does some interesting stuff on guitar, yeah sure he's not the best guitar player, but he writes great tunes on his guitar and him singing along with playing is what's great.

Also, about Neil, Neil is great acoustic. He's really tight. Crazy that when he goes electric he's so sloppy :D
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    acutejam wrote:
    Man, I'm really torn -- I KNOW we'll get some Ed solo, hoping it's just the first set and he does bring out some accompanyment -- Irons and Flea works, or PJ, or anyone!

As I listen to ITW more and more, 2 or 3 major songs just gotta have accompanyment! Even if it's just a second dude on acoustic! (Reynolds and Matthews). Interesting the sparse PJ tunes in Seattle warm-up, neh?

I think about the solo guitarists I've seen -- and admittedly I've gone because of their GUITAR work, not their storytelling, vocals, presence etc. I think Ed has enough presence to hold the audience in rapture for the whole show -- but c'mon, he's kinda sloppy on the guitar, I'm not going for his technical mastery of his intruments (ok ok, he wails on the Uk!)

So Hedges he's not. Kottke he's not. Matthews nope -- I'm searching, I know Neil does a lot of solo acoustic and that's a good model to think about, but Neil usually brings out da band too. I've seen Stills and Nash by themselves, two guys who wail and wail. The staind dude (sorry) does the acoustic thing, again, as a strong presence and holding an auidence -- but not so much technical mastery.

Dare I say it -- if he goes pure solo, is he walking in Dylan's footsteps? The sage/storyteller? Ok, I buy dat!

But really -- who else pulls off full shows solo at this level? (I'm sure there's a lot of folks I'm missing!)

As said -- regardless, it's gonna be just fine!

He's probably been practising a lot so you never know what he'll manage. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    pjtaper wrote:
    will ed come out for a preset solo?
    just kidding, but please, someone, PLEASE, let us know if there is a band with him so I have time to cancel my trip if he has backup(unless they are named Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt, Jack, or Boom.)

I think the rest of the band should show up at every show and do a preset solo without ed.

Take that, ed.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do