human interaction

2»

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I saw a bunch of kids this morning waiting at a bus stop and everysingle one of them was staring at some handheld device. None were actually communicating with each other.

Freak Show Revival

Everywhere I look
    See blank eyes
    On plastic devices
    In a death grip
    Before the face
    Vision that should be
    Somewhere
    On the road ahead
    On other worlds underfoot
    And stars above
    On the person
    Sitting across the table

Everybody is wishing
    They were someplace else
    Hearing another voice
    Living any kind of life
    Other than the one in which
    They find themselves
    Wanting to disappear
    Into hand held dimensions

Used to joke
    About those unable
    To see beyond
    The end of their nose
    Never realizing
    How horribly unfunny
    It might appear
    With these shiny tumors
    Sprouting from fingertips
    And cheekbones
    Ushering in
    A whole new age
    Of separation
    Yep :lol: My kids communicate with their mates on Facebook. Last week my youngest sent me an email instead of phoning. :(
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Sounds like some of you need a new friend. That must mean it is once again time for a PARTY IN EYED'S BASEMENT! WOO-HOO!!!!
    woo hoo! Sign me up :mrgreen:

Lately I'm getting too much human interaction. I feel way too over-stimulated. I keep fantasizing about being alone in a hotel room...white walls...white sheets...just me and a book. Then I realized that sounds an awful lot like an insane asylum :|

You can tell the difference, though _ the hotel room will have nice towels, and the asylum room will lack electrical outlets and will not have a dropped ceiling.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Sounds like some of you need a new friend. That must mean it is once again time for a PARTY IN EYED'S BASEMENT! WOO-HOO!!!!

Lately I'm getting too much human interaction. I feel way too over-stimulated. I keep fantasizing about being alone in a hotel room...white walls...white sheets...just me and a book. Then I realized that sounds an awful lot like an insane asylum :|

You can tell the difference, though _ the hotel room will have nice towels, and the asylum room will lack electrical outlets and will not have a dropped ceiling.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJDJCeJuw-Slw8Ye1D-xG7_2rBOfF6wt6t6orC_zQDCNkIoP4&t=1&usg=__sjqa2-no39H5bhnAFM2714eitvc=
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eyedclaar wrote:

and I'm hoping for a nice jacuzzi tub and NO straight jacket!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • 4and20 wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJDJCeJuw-Slw8Ye1D-xG7_2rBOfF6wt6t6orC_zQDCNkIoP4&t=1&usg=__sjqa2-no39H5bhnAFM2714eitvc=
    :shock: The mattress looks dirty :lol:

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    4and20 wrote:

Oh, you wanted a bed too....pickypickypicky! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS874OBQhpAW4bPJsdULhSucVYH-E-HyPEVyMlaXjNki9Dy1PM&t=1&usg=__2EHb_OVsRhK74AbosfmjELPLV7I=
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

Oh, you wanted a bed too....pickypickypicky! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS874OBQhpAW4bPJsdULhSucVYH-E-HyPEVyMlaXjNki9Dy1PM&t=1&usg=__2EHb_OVsRhK74AbosfmjELPLV7I=
    Now we're talking! Look at those nice, white padded walls :lol:

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    pandora wrote:
    I've told my kids, count yourself lucky to have one true friend to depend on through life. One who values, appreciates and cherishes your friendship. What more do we need?

Then be friendly, people will come and go, these passing relationships important as all things happen for a reason.

Our everyday interaction with "strangers" is also very important, it's easily dismissed.
    We can make someone's day better with a smile or a kind word or gesture.
    These everyday interactions make a life blessed, the human bond happens in a fraction of a second and they all count!

I completely agree about interactions with strangers. It's why I've always chosen to live in the city. I think I'd be suffocating right now if I lived in a place where I just got in my individual car and went directly to my individual office and then directly to my individual apartment every day.

I don't mean to say that I "blame the internet" or anything like that-- I'm not an old curmudgeon. I think the communication that the internet allows us is a good thing. I think it just catches up with me every once in a while when I realize I don't have that immediate group of friends around me. I've always enjoyed living alone and eating alone and solitary activities like that, but I'm sort of missing the days of having all your friends together in the dorm or the weekly dinner at someone's house. Maybe I need a roommate...or not...I'm not sure if I'm willing to go that far :).