~~~SURVIVOR-Season 21-Nicaragua~~~

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Premieres tonight!

Yeah, I watch, and have watched every single damn show cuz I'm addicted. Would you try out for it?
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Can't wait! & I totally want to be a contestant!
    i'm like an opening band for the sun.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Looking forward to it. Good night tonight; finale of Top Chef, and premiere of Survivor and Top Chef Desserts.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :yawn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • people still watch that?

reality tv is dead folks! (except for jersey shore :oops: )

im just glad bachelor pad is finally over so i dont have to fight my parents over the TV
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • The last time I watched it was the night my oldest was born... 10 years ago...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,692
    I watch it too, seen every season since it started, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Think Jimmie Johnson is in this one :lol:
    Gives me something to watch in those cold, snowy winter nights :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I watch it too, seen every season since it started, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Think Jimmie Johnson is in this one :lol:

Yes, Jimmie is gonna be in it...guess he's a huge fan and he's been trying since season one to get on it. If he wins, he's gonna donate all the money to charity!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    Premieres tonight!

Yeah, I watch, and have watched every single damn show cuz I'm addicted. Would you try out for it?

I've been a fan from the start too. I can't wait for tonight.

No but I've always wanted to be on Amazing Race.
  • 4and20 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Yes, Jimmie is gonna be in it...guess he's a huge fan and he's been trying since season one to get on it. If he wins, he's gonna donate all the money to charity!

In a preview I saw him telling the group he knows if he gets that far the jury will not give him the million. He said he's there to see if he make it and to help somebody from his team get the million.
  • I love Survivor and will be watching again :D I'd be a contestant, although I don't know if I'd be very good at it.

Not too crazy about dividing the tribes by age. That just seems a bit cliche. I like it more when the castaways pick their own tribe, not when it's picked for them. I do like the power medallion and think that will be an interesting twist. I think it's great that Jimmie Johnson is playing. Having him give you a pep talk before a challenge would be awesome.

PS - this is the 21st season of Survivor ;)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Wow 21 seasons! We used to watch, tried again last year
    but there was a real devious jerk on there that was creeping me out.
    Checked back and he was still there, so skipped it. I was amazed no one figured him out.
    I wonder if he won!
    I want them to go to a cold mountain top, or a cave, or the moon, anything but an island, seems too repetitive.
  • You didn't like Russel? I liked watching him on there because he played the game hardcore. He didn't win either season he played and he's not back this season....it's safe to come back :D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    You didn't like Russel? I liked watching him on there because he played the game hardcore. He didn't win either season he played and he's not back this season....it's safe to come back :D
    :lol: my husband will be glad to hear that he wanted to watch but that guy was making me sick! ;)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    Boy that Wendy should have kept her mouth shut.

Whats with the dude named Benry?
    He stole my nickname for Ben Linus.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    Boy that Wendy should have kept her mouth shut.

Whats with the dude named Benry?
    He stole my nickname for Ben Linus.

I put my hand over my mouth and said out loud your sealing your fate the longer you talk. lol

It sucks being the first one voted out but somebody has to get it going.

I think someone from the old team is gonna win the million.

PS - this is the 21st season of Survivor ;)

O dear...I read 'Season 20 off of the Survivor website...then watched it last night and they said 'For 21 seasons'.... :oops:

I didn't like Russel and what oil tycoon needs a million anyway?

Yes, Wendy should have kept her yapper shut at the end, then I think they would have sent home Jimmy T

What's with running up to someone as soon as you get to camp 'I reallyreallyreally trust you...I like you a lot...I can tell I can trust you..." :crazy:

- Christopher McCandless
  • yeah, I've never understood making an alliance right off the bat either....not smart to go on first impressions...also seems like those hastily made alliances blows up before the game really starts up...at least wait a day or two to get a better impression of the people around you
    pandora wrote:
    Wow 21 seasons! We used to watch, tried again last year
    but there was a real devious jerk on there that was creeping me out.
    Checked back and he was still there, so skipped it. I was amazed no one figured him out.
    I wonder if he won!
    I want them to go to a cold mountain top, or a cave, or the moon, anything but an island, seems too repetitive.

Russell was the best. I hated him instantly when I saw him on his first season, but slowly grew to like him. He was a big time jerk. But he deserved to win both seasons he played to win. If the other people couldn;t figure him out and realize what a big lyer he was, then you deserve to get voted out. He did manipulate people to do what he wanted them to do and because of the shit he caused, it added excitement to the show and atleast made me tune in every week.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    I watch and can't miss an episode. My wife and I typically try to pick the winner after the first episode, for nothing more than bragging rights. Anyone else interested in picking a winner this early?

I'm picking the black guy from the older tribe, or the lady with red hair that kinda looks like a boy (older tribe). She didn't hardly say 3 words all episode.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    loadedgun wrote:
    I'm picking the black guy from the older tribe, .
    Tyrone was my pick as well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I would have to watch the episode again to pick someone, although I think it will be a chick this season
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Shameless Wednesday Night Bump!

- Christopher McCandless
  • looking forward to it...

it will be interesting to see how the older tribe battles back after losing and if the younger tribe gets too cocky

Survivor along with Criminal Minds is shaping up to be a good Wednesday evening.....only if the DVR is used though....hate those commercials 8-)
    looking forward to it...

it will be interesting to see how the older tribe battles back after losing and if the younger tribe gets too cocky

Survivor along with Criminal Minds is shaping up to be a good Wednesday evening.....only if the DVR is used though....hate those commercials 8-)

Yeah I like the Survivor into Criminal Minds combo. Got my Delissio pizza ready to go, bring it on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    What a great tribal council.That Shannon really went off, I'm guessing the whole"Gay" comment probably really sealed his fate. I would have kept him around for a bit longer and got rid of the black girl (think her name is Nic) She would drive me nuts with that attitude.
    I hope they keep Fabio around, he just kills me :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • That's another case of if you keep your mouth shut, you'll be ok. I don't really think that was the best decision by the tribe. From a physical/competition aspect, they're probably going to miss him. I was hoping the black girl with her poor attitude was sent packing. She didn't offer much around camp and wanted to sit out to see the handicapped girl struggle...that's just low imo.

On the other tribe, how funny was it to see Holly (I think it was) to steal the shoes, fill them with sand, and sink them in the water? And then admitting it? I'm betting she goes home at her tribe's next tribal council just for that reason alone.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    BLACK35 wrote:
    What a great tribal council.That Shannon really went off, I'm guessing the whole"Gay" comment probably really sealed his fate. I would have kept him around for a bit longer and got rid of the black girl (think her name is Nic) She would drive me nuts with that attitude.
    I hope they keep Fabio around, he just kills me :lol:

I have to agree with you that black girl drives me crazy. What's with her head movements? I hope she gets voted off next.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • That's another case of if you keep your mouth shut, you'll be ok. I don't really think that was the best decision by the tribe. From a physical/competition aspect, they're probably going to miss him. I was hoping the black girl with her poor attitude was sent packing. She didn't offer much around camp and wanted to sit out to see the handicapped girl struggle...that's just low imo.

On the other tribe, how funny was it to see Holly (I think it was) to steal the shoes, fill them with sand, and sink them in the water? And then admitting it? I'm betting she goes home at her tribe's next tribal council just for that reason alone.

Absolutley...and Chase included, as far as keeping his mouth shut. Just go with the flow and keep yourself under the radar. Those people go far.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I don't watch the show very often, but last night's show was very entertaining. The older group has a great advantage with Jimmy Johnson taking charge. The young group is in big trouble except for the one girl that keeps her mouth shut.

I would have punched that crazy lady right in the baby-maker if she threw my $1600 shoes in a river. For the girl that stole that stoner's socks, I think a slow motion back-hand slap, circa some 80's action movie would be warranted.