9/11

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,026
    prfctlefts wrote:
    Thank you youngter for starting this thread. I have to say Im really shocked at the lack of responses though. :? :(

We shall never forget
    We shall keep this day,
    We shall keep the events and the tears
    In our minds, our memory and our hearts
    and take them with us as we carry on.
    was on here all day. not much traffic at all. Just because there was a lack of response , doesn't mean thoughts weren't on this event.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • As a person hit hard their is only so much I can read and look at

Another year over :cry:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I agree with Mickey, just cuz people didn't post in the thread doesn't mean it wasn't on their minds or in their hearts. I know it was for me. I woke up early to watch some of the ceremonies at the WTC/Pentagon/Shanksville and some of the footage on MSNBC from that day. Can only watch so much though.

It's amazing it's been 9 years, but the intensity of emotion hasn't really faded in terms of sadness. And I was thinking how things change in one's life over time, like imagine all you've gone through over the past 9 years? And here these victims were, cut down while just going about their day. All the potential they all had, gone. And the people they left behind, not having them around to share their experiences with, all they've been thru over the past 9 years. The ripple effect of sadness caused by just a few seconds, it's unbelievable.

I still can't see a low-flying plane without getting weirded out, that's something that has stuck with me. Not sure when the immediacy of that day will ever fade...it really shouldn't for anybody.
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    hmm..not you arent..remind me the 11th march 2004..maybe is the main reason that in my heart spain is number 1 country..i was in Madrid to see my girlfriend when the bombs explode in the trains..191 people loose their lifes..
    i felt a spanish guy that day....i ll never forget those faces of people staring to nowhere and tears running from their eyes..i went to atocha to leave a candle to honor the innocent victims..
    my breath was cut of what i saw and took a picture of it...just speechless..

Speechless indeed.....
    The terrible events in Madrid resonated to us French with the resurgence of the 1995 Metro Bombings in Paris that we had somehow tried to rationalize on political grounds (the GIA) , let alone our close links with our Spanish neighbours.
    After the 9/11 shock, those attacks embedded us with the feeling of a surrounding invisible threat and of how powerless we actually were.
    This picture tells it all : how we fail to understand and stand in disbelief.
  • R.I.P.

COUSIN JIMMY BOY

UNCLE VINNY

AND TO MY 89 FELLOW CO-WORKERS
    sorry for that...R.I.P.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    As a person hit hard their is only so much I can read and look at

Another year over :cry:

i'm so sorry to hear about your friends/colleagues and family.

i know a couple of families who were directly effected and i cannot even begin to imagine the shock and pain that must be yours.

i can only hope that time has soothed you somehow and will continue to do the same as the years go on.

all my love and hugs....and hopefully peace
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Horrible day.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    It was a day that no matter how old we get, we'll never forget where we were when we heard the news.

I still can't and never will get my head around people taking part in such an evil act believing they are doing it in the name of their God. I hope there is a God and these murderers are sent to hell to burn for all eternity.

My thoughts go to all that lost family, loved ones or friends that day.
  • Thanks. D and still here

Tommorrow is our charity day at work because it fell on Saturday this year

Long sad day

It's hard to deal with the cameras and celebs in our face all day because you can forget what's really going on

But the money raised is in the millions so it's worth it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • You know what also annoyed me was that it seemed like a lack of respect while the names were being read. I had to constantly change spots because people were on their phones. I'm all for freedom, but that seemed disrespectful to me. And Neily, me and my family are sorry for the loss of all those you knew.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Thanks. D and still here

Long sad day

It's hard to deal with the cameras and celebs in our face all day because you can forget what's really going on

neilybabes...did you work at WTC? or near it? :( :(
    is that why you have a charity/memorial and know so many ppl affected?
    I surely hope not...but it sounds like that may be the case.
    I know i may be bringing up bad feelings, but i thought since you are already in that mode, better to ask now than later.
    love and hugs
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHere wrote:
    Thanks. D and still here

Long sad day

neilybabes...did you work at WTC? or near it? :( :(
    is that why you have a charity/memorial and know so many ppl affected?
    I surely hope not...but it sounds like that may be the case.
    I know i may be bringing up bad feelings, but i thought since you are already in that mode, better to ask now than later.

Our company was in the process of moving into the wtc
    The 2nd plane went right into our office

Luckily my desk hadn't moved yet but alot of co workers were already in
    Crazy eh. I was lucky

Plus I Was born and raised ten minutes away
    Used to be able to see them from my window
    love and hugs
  • Our company was in the process of moving into the wtc
    The 2nd plane went right into our office

Luckily my desk hadn't moved yet but alot of co workers were already in
    Crazy eh. I was lucky

Plus I Was born and raised ten minutes away
    Used to be able to see them from my window

so awful. so sorry to hear that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    it is a day for patriotism and remembrance and anyone that uses it as an opportunity to spread islamophobia is a real asshole

I completely agree.

Saturday was quite surreal knowing 9 years have passed. It's one of those days that I will always remember, very vividly, where I was when I first heard it. I was in 8th grade, had just awoke to my alarm clock going off and on the radio I heard the same DJ I heard every morning say "We don't have much info yet, but we have been told that a plane has crashed into the WTC." At first they thought it was just a recreational flyer and nothing big...but when I got to school and more news had spread out West...I couldn't believe my eyes. The entire school was so quiet...so shocked, and completely horrified. I couldn't peel my eyes from the TV. I had never lived to witness anything like that and without a doubt, it changed me.

To this day, I am eternally sympathetic, and respectful for all those that have had to live with loss because of this tragedy. An unforgivable example of how terrible human beings can be was given that day, and we should always continue to remember.

Peace be with all of you.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2