what sports/hobby s do you do?

appieappie Posts: 1,441
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Mine is Freeride Mountainbiking
An extreme sport based on speed,control and tricks
In The Netherlands is is to flat to do,so i need to travel to Germany
Its a 3 hour drive to get there,so i cant do it in a spare hour( then a put a Pj cd or dvd on 8-) )
Here is what is looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izU1dDwnuMY

And the machine that makes it happen
http://lp1.pinkbike.com/p4pb5454471/p4pb5454471.jpg

wonder about your freetime things to do....
greetzzz...
Pearl Jam 4 live
h8 2 w8 for concerts
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Snowboarding and golf. Lots of both.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    depends on the season. in the summer i play golf every 2 weeks, play soccer 3 times a week, just joined a basketball league but am abit worried about that.

in the winter i play Hockey in a league 2-3 times a week. also am thinking of joining a curling team.
  • Golf. My undying passion.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Golf. My undying passion.

Assuming you're from the Boston area, where do you usually play?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Golf, Baseball, Hiking, Swimming, Running, Tennis
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Surfing...................................channels
  • Got_Some wrote:
    Snowboarding and golf. Lots of both.

+1
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    This was me back when they still had rules in the sport. Not like today...

victorthebear.jpg
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm old....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    As far as physical activities: Basketball, racquetball, and hiking.

Not physical: Web designing, photography, my PS3, attending concerts, reading...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Sailorontheteetersept08.jpg

TessieatBo-GeeApril20093.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Sailorontheteetersept08.jpg

TessieatBo-GeeApril20093.jpg

That's cool! I'm guessing the first pic (the Lab) is the one in your avatar pic? Beautiful Labrador. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Lot s of golfers in the here :shock:
    all rich people?? ;)
    My Freeride bike is also expensive,but thats the price to pay for something good and lasting.
    Good work al the responce dudes
    A wave from The Netherlands :wave:
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • in the non-physical arena, I love working on jigsaw puzzles while watching baseball, specifically the Phillies 8-)
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Fishing
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    hiking, running, extreme long range darts, live music, rocking out and then there is the gangsta shit.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I golf as much as I can.
    Also into mountain biking, running, hiking, camping...well, pretty much anything outdoors-y.

Currently in a softball league, and occasionally will join a bowling league. Yep, any "sport" where you can drink beer while playing is always great! :D
    edited September 2010
    mca47 wrote:
    Currently in a softball league, and occasionally will join a bowling league. Yep, any "sport" where you can drink beer while playing is always great! :D

I've been pondering joining a bowling league for a couple years now. Think I might do it this winter.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • I spend most of my sparetime on the beach. Swimming, surfing or strolling the beach collecting sharks teeth. Also like to camp, play baseball, and cruise around on my longboard (skate) when the weather's nice. I like to wakeboard when given the chance but dont know too many people with boats and I'm not good at all.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Lots of people said golf, so where are the PJ head covers?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    i play volleyball. Watch baseball, football, hockey, wrestling (ok so that's not really a sport :lol: )

As far as hobbies go? used to collect sports memorabilia (cards, autographs, starting line-up figures, etc....)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I play squash 3 to 4 times a week. Awesome Cardio. You burn maybe 1000 Calories every match.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(sport) I am suprised how many people dont know the game.
    Some say its like racquet ball which is true but its way more mental, its a Chess Match really. You need to learn the skills and science of the game to be any good. I am a rather good player in my club. :D
    Oh and I lift weights and kettle bells 3 times a week also. 8-)
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Swimming, Water Polo and Basketball are my favorite sports
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    dcfaithful wrote:

I've been pondering joining a bowling league for a couple years now. Think I might do it this winter.

Do it!
    It's a ton of fun!

Get three other buddies together, and find the local alley.
    I'm playing softball right now, but bowling season is just around the corner! :D
  • fife wrote:
    also am thinking of joining a curling team.

DO IT! I once went curling and it was so much fun. I'd like to pick it up, but it's a matter of finding others interested.

I play on a softball (fast pitch) team (same rules as fast ball, but no windmill... just had to clarify that I'm not playing lob ball or slo pitch... ;) ). I also bowl with some of my softball teammates (so we can hang in the winter) and play volleyball. AND, at 31, I'm looking at getting back into hockey, which I haven't played since high school.

I also went golfing for the first time over the long weekend. I sucked, but I had a blast. It's definitely a hobby I'd like to pick up.
  • I fence at university but that's the only sport I play nowadays. Watch a lot of basketball (used to play in high school) and baseball. Actually trying to play baseball now too. Nothing too organised just try and get some friends together in a park when the weather's good. Unfortunately there aren't too many baseball playing opportunities in the UK :( oh and I'd never played before this year so I suck immensely :lol:
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • Snowboarding, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, & Softball.

XBOX 360, Poker.
    NERDS!
  • oh yea, and I also paint and am planning to enroll in a short glass-blowing class at the local university; stoked about that
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Three years ago I joined an 18 and older baseball league (actual fast pitch baseball, not softball) and I love it. Wish I would have done it earlier. I hadn't played baseball since jr. high, but picked it back up quickly. Made the all-star team last year and was nominated for MVP of the league this year. I am actually going out to AZ in Oct. for a big tourney... looking forward to it. I'm playing in a Fall baseball league right now so I can get some practice in before AZ.

I also like to ride my mountain bike. Lots of trails around where I live. I work out 5 days a week - weights and cardio. Lost about 25-30 lbs since the 1st of this year. I got married in July so I wanted to slim down... now I want to keep it off and lose a little more and get back to down to my college swimming weight.

I also watch a lot of baseball and right now we are watching Lost. Never watched it when it was on. We are halfway through season two. It is awesome.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."