Options

Columbus, OH 20th Anniversary Party-details

Comments

• Options
    This sounds like a blast! I may or may not go as I am flying out to Cali on the 23rd, but I do have an Avocado vinyl that I can donate. The cover isn't in mint condition but the records are un-played.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,024
    During band change last night I was talking to a couple other fans, made a point to mention the party to them.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    This sounds like a blast! I may or may not go as I am flying out to Cali on the 23rd, but I do have an Avocado vinyl that I can donate. The cover isn't in mint condition but the records are un-played.

That would be fantastic! If you can't make it to the party, please PM me and we can figure where I might be able to meet you to get it.
    During band change last night I was talking to a couple other fans, made a point to mention the party to them.

Great! I was doing the same thing that night. :D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    corduroycorduroy Lexington, OH Posts: 117
    So, what's going on with the open Jam of Jam? I would love to get up with the band on songs they might not all know. Here's a list of songs I can play rhythm guitar on...

Release
    Corduroy
    Small Town
    Immortality
    Long Road
    Betterman
    Rearviewmirror
    Wishlist
    Untitled/MFC
    Unthought Known
    Off He Goes
    Rockin' In the Free World

and maybe...
    Footsteps
    Crazy Mary
    rhythm guitar on Ledbetter

I could probably learn alot more, but these are the ones I play all the time.
    1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
  • Options
    corduroy wrote:
    So, what's going on with the open Jam of Jam?

Well... Where we are is that as of right now, I haven't been able to get a second band and you're the only one who's volunteered to play if we go with the open mic segment. It is funny that you mention getting up to play with the band, because a couple of weeks ago they were asking me if I knew any guitarists because their second guitarist might not be able to do the show. I immediately thought of you and mentioned you to them, but they already found someone else!

If we could get at least 2 other people to participate in an "Open Jam of Jam" (LOVE the title, by the way!), I think that would be a great thing to do instead of another band and I could see if the bar would be willing to donate the paltry amount they were going to pay a second band to the charity instead.

On the promotion front - I put the posters up in the bar and am printing out postcard sized flyers to put in the bar as well as any independent coffee house, bookstore, and music store I can think of between Clintonville and German Village. If you'd like any to pass out, please let me know and I'll get some to you!

Now is really when we all have to work together to promote the heck out of this event! We need to get people there to make money for the bar, make sure the band isn't playing in front of 5 people, and most importantly, to MAKE MONEY FOR THE CHARITY!! So let me know what you're doing promotion-wise so we don't overlap!

Here's the Facebook page link again: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pearl-Jam-20th-Anniversary-Party-Columbus-OH/165071726838035
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    corduroy wrote:
    So, what's going on with the open Jam of Jam?

Well... Where we are is that as of right now, I haven't been able to get a second band and you're the only one who's volunteered to play if we go with the open mic segment. It is funny that you mention getting up to play with the band, because a couple of weeks ago they were asking me if I knew any guitarists because their second guitarist might not be able to do the show. I immediately thought of you and mentioned you to them, but they already found someone else!

If we could get at least 2 other people to participate in an "Open Jam of Jam" (LOVE the title, by the way!), I think that would be a great thing to do instead of another band and I could see if the bar would be willing to donate the paltry amount they were going to pay a second band to the charity instead.

On the promotion front - I put the posters up in the bar and am printing out postcard sized flyers to put in the bar as well as any independent coffee house, bookstore, and music store I can think of between Clintonville and German Village. If you'd like any to pass out, please let me know and I'll get some to you!

Now is really when we all have to work together to promote the heck out of this event! We need to get people there to make money for the bar, make sure the band isn't playing in front of 5 people, and most importantly, to MAKE MONEY FOR THE CHARITY!! So let me know what you're doing promotion-wise so we don't overlap!

Here's the Facebook page link again: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pearl-Jam-20th-Anniversary-Party-Columbus-OH/165071726838035

Cat,
    I'll hit Grandview, Upper Arlington, Bexley & Polaris area hot spots with the postcards!!!
    Let me know when you get some printed and I'll make arrangements to pick them up from you...
    Also.... PLEASE let me split the printing costs with you!!
    You've done SOOOO much organizing this event...It's the least I can do to help out.
    Give me a call or text me when you get the postcards from the printers.
    Can't believe the party is a week from FRIDAY!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    So yesterday I certainly got my exercise dropping of the postcards at any business who looked like they might get clientele who would enjoy our party between downtown and north campus! I dropped them off at about 12 places. Derbydave is going flyer some other areas of town. Hopefully some people will notice!

Here is the postcard:
    PJPostcardfinaledition.jpg

This was my first attempt at Photoshop, but I don't think it turned out too badly. :D

Also, the lead singer of the band is going to hook us up with an ad in The Other Paper.

On Monday, I'll start posting a list of what all of you said that you would most generously donate to the charity raffle/auction.

Can't wait until next Friday!!!!!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    So I heard there was another big announcement regarding catscheller talking to someone well-known.

..but i'll let her make that announcement.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Hee! Word travels fast! Assuming that you are talking about the conversation I had with Eric from Wishlist yesterday!!! They are going to mail me some stuff to sell/raffle/give out at the party!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,817
    Glad Eric has gotten back to you, he's awesome!

I haven't been on the boards too much either lately.. just thought you might want to check out the link we posted on the site to help promote:

http://wishlistfoundation.org/2010/10/c ... undraiser/

xoxo
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Glad Eric has gotten back to you, he's awesome!

I haven't been on the boards too much either lately.. just thought you might want to check out the link we posted on the site to help promote:

http://wishlistfoundation.org/2010/10/c ... undraiser/

xoxo

Thanks! And it must be working because our "likes" on the party Facebook page have tripled!

Of course I would like to think that it has been my "Pearl Jam trivia of the day" posts on the FB page that has garnered the increased traffic, but well, who are we kidding... ;)
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Hee! Word travels fast! Assuming that you are talking about the conversation I had with Eric from Wishlist yesterday!!! They are going to mail me some stuff to sell/raffle/give out at the party!

Indeed. Better late than never! :)

And if you need to buy raffle tickets, Yankee Trader is a great place to buy them. They're on High Street, right across from the Convention Center. The ones pictured work just fine:

doubletickets.jpg
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Indeed. Better late than never! :)

And if you need to buy raffle tickets, Yankee Trader is a great place to buy them. They're on High Street, right across from the Convention Center. The ones pictured work just fine:

doubletickets.jpg

I was totally planning to buy them at Yankee Trader! Especially since they are going out of business, I hope I can get them for super cheap. :D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Any word on the prices for raffle tickets?

1 for $1 or 6 for $5? Keep it simple?
    Can of non-perishable food gets you one free ticket, while a "bathroom item" gets you two tickets?

https://www.neighborhoodservicesinc.org/Home_Page.html

That was the charity back in May. We'd have to take the stuff to them, but they don't mind helping carry things in from the car.
  • Options
    Any word on the prices for raffle tickets?

1 for $1 or 6 for $5? Keep it simple?
    Can of non-perishable food gets you one free ticket, while a "bathroom item" gets you two tickets?

https://www.neighborhoodservicesinc.org/Home_Page.html

That was the charity back in May. We'd have to take the stuff to them, but they don't mind helping carry things in from the car.

Since we'll have fewer people attending this event, and since the bar is not donating any proceeds to the charity, I think we'll have to up the price of the tickets a bit. I was thinking $2 each or 3 for $5. We also need to get a minimum price list going for the donated items that we'll have a silent auction on. I'll post a list of what everyone has agreed to donate tomorrow. Obviously the goal is to raise as much money for Central Ohio Crime Stoppers as possible!

Also, although I think it's a fantastic charity, since we have not been promoting this as a charity event for Neighborhood Services, Inc., I don't think we can do that. Maybe next time!

Oh, and my mom just gave me some money yesterday to buy her some raffle tickets so we have our first donation!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    corduroy wrote:
    So, what's going on with the open Jam of Jam? I would love to get up with the band on songs they might not all know. Here's a list of songs I can play rhythm guitar on...

Release
    Corduroy
    Small Town
    Immortality
    Long Road
    Betterman
    Rearviewmirror
    Wishlist
    Untitled/MFC
    Unthought Known
    Off He Goes
    Rockin' In the Free World

and maybe...
    Footsteps
    Crazy Mary
    rhythm guitar on Ledbetter

I could probably learn alot more, but these are the ones I play all the time.

If there is a drum kit there, since I don't have time to get mine from up in cleveland, I can definitely join in on every one of these songs. I can play maybe half of these on guitar as well. Let me know whats the plan
  • Options
    I'm sure that the drummer from the band won't mind letting you use his drum kit. But I'll check with him just in case. He did say on the FB page that he wouldn't mind sitting in on some songs, though!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Can you all believe that this is only just a few days away?! Since everything is coming together now, I'm finally past the "I think I might have a stroke" phase and into the "I'm so freaking excited and can't wait!!!" phase!!

Oh, and the ad for the party should be appearing in this week's "The Other Paper", so be sure to pick up a copy!

:D:D:D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    I just received the box of goodies from Wishlist! So we are good to go on that front. However, we need at least 2 people to man (or woman :D ) the auction/raffle and merchandise selling tables. I hate to ask any of you to do it because I know you'll want to enjoy the party and the band.

My plan was to find a couple of friends who are not necessarily PJ fans that might be willing to volunteer, but I haven't had much luck. Would any of you be willing to volunteer to work the tables or maybe have some friends you can talk into doing it?

Oh, and regarding the raffle, my thought was to announce the winners at around 10 pm in between songs from the band. Is everyone ok with that?
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Here are the items that you have mentioned donating to the event:

Me (catscheller): 2010 Columbus poster, 2004 Holiday single
    mickeyrat: Ten Super Deluxe Boxset
    LostInOhio: Backspacer T-shirt
    derbydave: Gorge Boxset, Philly Boxset
    BrinkofForever: Avocado vinyl

Please confirm that you'll still be donating these items.

I was thinking that the Ten boxset, the Avocado vinyl and the Gorge & Philly boxsets could be silent auction items and the others would be raffle items.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Here are the items that you have mentioned donating to the event:

Me (catscheller): 2010 Columbus poster, 2004 Holiday single
    mickeyrat: Ten Super Deluxe Boxset
    LostInOhio: Backspacer T-shirt
    derbydave: Gorge Boxset, Philly Boxset
    BrinkofForever: Avocado vinyl

Please confirm that you'll still be donating these items.

I was thinking that the Ten boxset, the Avocado vinyl and the Gorge & Philly boxsets could be silent auction items and the others would be raffle items.

I'm still in for the Gorge & Philly Boxsets...
    Silent Auction Items work for me too!!!
    Do you want me to bring my "Live at the Garden" DVD to play later in the evening?
    I also have the boot from the May 2010 show at Nationwide if you want to play this...
    Can't wait until FRIDAY :ugeek:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    I just received the box of goodies from Wishlist! So we are good to go on that front. However, we need at least 2 people to man (or woman :D ) the auction/raffle and merchandise selling tables. I hate to ask any of you to do it because I know you'll want to enjoy the party and the band.

My plan was to find a couple of friends who are not necessarily PJ fans that might be willing to volunteer, but I haven't had much luck. Would any of you be willing to volunteer to work the tables or maybe have some friends you can talk into doing it?

Oh, and regarding the raffle, my thought was to announce the winners at around 10 pm in between songs from the band. Is everyone ok with that?

Cat...
    I would be more that happy to help man the tables for a little while,
    I'd say until 8:30 or so... but after that I'll need time to set up my gear & to shoot the band!!
    NOW...Can you give us a hint or preview as to what was in the "BOX OF GOODIES?"
    Did you get any picks??
    I need to know how much cash to bring :lol:
    Come on FRIDAY!!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,024

this I would be happy to do.

edit, as for the Ten SD box, up for the cause!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I have some crap I can bring for the auction/raffle. I'll take a look tonight. I may part with my Philly 10/27 poster.

I'm psyched for the band and especially the "Open Jam of Jam"! Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to practice....so I'm stressin' over that a bit! Beer will help me get over it ;)

Can't wait!
    1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
  • Options
    Mickeyrat - Thanks for volunteering to help at the merchandise tables! Do you think that you can be there by 6:30?

derbydave - That would be great if you could help at the tables until 8:30. My lovely husband offered to help out so he could probably take over your spot from 8:30 until 10 when we announce the raffle winners.

corduroy - Anything that you could donate to the cause would be awesome!

Here are some of the highlights from the Wishlist Foundation box o' goodies I received yesterday:

Team McCready t-shirts
    Flight to Mars t-shirts
    Wishlist Foundation t-shirts
    large EV and Team McCready guitar pick stickers
    small Backspacer astronaut stickers
    Backspacer astronaut temporary tattoos (I'm totally going to be rockin' one of those for the party!)
    Wishlist Foundation stickers
    Wishlist Foundation beer cups

Sorry, no guitar picks!

If anyone would like to come early to help set up, please feel free to do so! I'll be at the bar by 5:30pm.

I'll be wearing a nametag tomorrow night with my name and board username on it so everyone can find me. I can't wait to see you all tomorrow!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Bump!

I can't believe today's the day!!! I'll see you all later at the party!!!

And I'm so excited right now that I don't care if there's only 5 of us there celebrating. I'm sure we'll all have a blast! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to make it due to my piece of shit truck being....well, a piece of shit. Have fun all and I hope the open Jam of Jam goes good!!
  • Options
    For those of you who couldn't make it:

The Real California: Soundcheck: Dissident, Leatherman?? (I remember Leatherman being played)
    Set: The Long Road, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Dissident, Animal, the first verse of YL (by request), Not For You with the line "There are colors on the street...red white and blue.." FREE WORLD DURING NOT FOR YOU!! AWESOM...E!!!

Then we had The Fixer.

During the middle of that set, they sprinkled in some original stuff. One of their original songs reminded me of Leatherman.

Then it was time for the raffle, and I had to go. Wishlist Foundation sent a lot of bumper stickers, temporary tattoos, plastic cups, etc. for people to buy.

Seriously, playing Rockin' in the Free World during the middle of Not For You was great stuff.
  • Options
    What an AMAZING EVENING!!!
    You could really tell that everyone in attendance had a GREAT TIME.
    I thought that The Real California (or MAPLE JAR) did an excellent job and really made the night special.
    A HUGE THANK YOU to CATSCHELLER for putting on this AWESOME ANNIVERSARY PARTY!!!
    It was exactly what I needed after a long week on the road...

Can't wait for the 25th Anniversary Party!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    Sorry I've been kind of M.I.A. this past weekend, but I had family in town visiting.

Thanks to everyone who came to the party on Friday! It was awesome! And thanks to derbydave for taping the band and helping out with other technical stuff and thanks to LostInOhio for helping out!

The band was fantastic and although they had said that they were only going to play for 1 1/2 hours, they ended up playing for almost 3 hours! Therefore we ended up not having the open jam of Jam. Lost has a great memory and posted most of the setlist. Here's what I have (I may have forgotten a couple songs that they played towards the end):
    Dissident (soundcheck)
    Long Road
    World Wide Suicide
    Corduroy
    Dissident
    Off Guard (original)
    Heartspill (original)
    Animal
    Oceanman (original)
    Not for You
    The Fixer
    Wishlist
    Longed For (original)
    Feel It (original)
    340 (original)
    Hail, Hail
    Unthought Known
    Two Easy Acts (original)
    Carrying On (original)
    Black w/ We Belong Together tag
    Footsteps
    Alive
    Baba O’Riley
    Present Tense
    The first verse of Immortality

It seemed like there were many 10C members there, which was great! And I was honored that the band signed a tambourine for me. :D

We ended up raising about $350 for Central Ohio Crime Stoppers and The Brian Shaffer Reward Fund. I was hoping to raise more, but oh well…
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14