Options

Columbus, OH 20th Anniversary Party-details

Comments

• Options
    Lori, the woman who runs Brian's site says it's great news and she'll share it with Kevin. She's not sure if she can attend, but she'll send me whatever Kevin says.

She also says she's thankful for the fans. :)

Great! Now, do we get Wishlist involved with this? And if so, how?

Is next Wednesday, Sept. 22 ok? Even if it is just a couple of us, I'd like to get others' opinions on the location, set up, and activities as soon as possible.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    UpSideDown wrote:
    You guys may want to try getting in touch w/ the Ten Band, they are based out of Pittsburgh and put on a pretty good show.

Fantastic! They are definitely the closest one I've heard of yet. I'll contact them today!
    We've just finished working on a DVD project with Kevin from Crimestoppers...
    I shot a documentary with several family members of murder victims in Central Ohio.
    If you talk to him tell him that Dave, the shooter from Brainstorm Media is involved in this event too!!
    I'd be more that happy to help out with anything that needs to be done for the event, just let me know what needs to be done!
    I can definitely help out with lining up media coverage for the event and if you want me to get a copy of the Public Service Announcement I shot with Randy Shaffer & Anthony Luzio Sr. ( I may have 2 different PSA's ) to run during the party, I can do that too!!

derbydave - I've totally been meaning to PM you about all of this. Although I have tons of experience in event planning, I have never really had to do anything with the media for an event. And I think showing the PSA you made would be great! Look for a PM from me sometime today!

I got your PM & sent you one (actually...two :lol: )
    Let me know your thoughts and how you'd like me to proceed!!
    This is gonna be a FUN PARTY...I can't wait!!!!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Lori, the woman who runs Brian's site says it's great news and she'll share it with Kevin. She's not sure if she can attend, but she'll send me whatever Kevin says.

She also says she's thankful for the fans. :)

Great! Now, do we get Wishlist involved with this? And if so, how?

Is next Wednesday, Sept. 22 ok? Even if it is just a couple of us, I'd like to get others' opinions on the location, set up, and activities as soon as possible.

I gave the link for this thread to two people who run the Wishlist foundation. Hopefully they'll be along and can give advice.

Yeah, I can do Sept 22nd. Is that a "for sure" date, or a "probably" date? And it's not at Victory's, but at a place right beside it? Details!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,015
    corduroy wrote:
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeetness!

By the way, I do a radio show on Saturdays and Sundays....although it's on a adult contemporary station that plays ZERO pj.....I can start spreading the word up here in Mansfield.

Assuming that they would allow you to do that, it would be awesome! I'm friends with a DJ at 99.7 The Blitz here in Columbus and after we get a few more details nailed down I'll see if she'll help to promote the event also.

It's always so much easier to plan stuff when you're working with a bunch of talented and/or connected people! :D
    I have an in with a DJ @ Q-fm too!!! Plus Q-fm has started to PLAY some PJ in the last couple of weeks!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yeah, I can do Sept 22nd. Is that a "for sure" date, or a "probably" date? And it's not at Victory's, but at a place right beside it? Details!

Well, let's go ahead and and make Wednesday a "for sure" date to meet! If anyone else is available to meet to see the place and talk about plans, let me know. Would 6:00 pm work?

And Classic's Sports Bar, at one time, used to be part of Victory's. Several years ago they split Victory's into two bars (Classic's and Victory's). Technically, Victory's is the space with the stage where we will have the event. But it is only open for bands or events. So, we'll meet at Classic's (543 S. High St., parking lot is in the rear).
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    I have an in with a DJ @ Q-fm too!!! Plus Q-fm has started to PLAY some PJ in the last couple of weeks!!

That is awesome on both counts!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Bump!

Anyone else want to join Lost In Ohio, derbydave, and me for the planning meeting tomorrow?
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    corduroycorduroy Lexington, OH Posts: 117
    Wish I could make it....gotta work.
    1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
  • Options
    Thanks for arranging the Planning Meeting...
    I enjoyed meeting you guys and the brews too!!
    Keep me posted on what I can do to help out with the planning,
    October 22nd will be here before we know it!!
    Derbydave :ugeek:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Ok everyone - I have big news!! We have a band!!! They are a local Columbus band called The Real California and are HUGE Pearl Jam fans. Huge fans in that the member of the band I spoke to has been a 10c member since 1993 and even went to the 10th anniversary concert in Vegas. And the band only got together because of their shared love for PJ! Although they are doing original stuff (which was described to me by a mutual acquaintance as sounding like PJ b-sides), for the party they'll do a mix of PJ covers and originals. He even said they could do the Momma-Son (Mamason?) trilogy for us!

Jeff, the member of the band that I spoke with, also volunteered that the band could probably do an acoustic version of "Footsteps" for any radio promos we could get. So YAY!

Also, although I did a draft poster/flyer, a friend of mine who actually has a degree in art and is a PJ fan, offered to see what he could do with it. He promised to have it back to me by next Tuesday so we can start promoting the heck out of this event!

Finally, I would like to thank Lost In Ohio and Derbydave who both ventured out on a dark and stormy evening to offer up some great ideas and to allay some of my worries about the event!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Great job getting the BAND!!!
    It was nice to sit down & get excited with other PJ Fans!!
    This is gonna be a fun evening. :ugeek:

• Options
    Ack!

I tried to ask Eric & Laura from Wishlist about items...but I haven't heard any response from them.

However... Does this mean that we may not need their help?
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=141242
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ...may be possible. may just be possible. Laura from wishlist roped me :mrgreen: into being street team leader? Received a bunch of stickers and album promo posters and some promo cd's, there was talk of other goodies too? Of course my mind went straight to meeting the band. who knows!!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    So The Real California is already promoting the event on their Facebook page!! You can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Real-California/154457377902710?v=wall.

Let's all follow their example and promote the heck out of this event! As soon as I have the poster ready (hopefully within the next couple of days) I'll post it here so everyone can have it. :D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Is there going to be an open jam after the band?
    1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
  • Options
    Ack!

I tried to ask Eric & Laura from Wishlist about items...but I haven't heard any response from them.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=141242
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ...may be possible. may just be possible. Laura from wishlist roped me :mrgreen: into being street team leader? Received a bunch of stickers and album promo posters and some promo cd's, there was talk of other goodies too? Of course my mind went straight to meeting the band. who knows!!
    only thing I've received is Brad promo items, so I would say we need to keep trying. Have sent her a message. Have to wait for a response. If not, we'll need to get creative for the fundraiser. I would have to get it put together again, but I may be willing to part with the Ten Super Deluxe Box for our little shindig.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    corduroy wrote:
    Is there going to be an open jam after the band?

You must have read my mind because I was just going to come back here and confirm that there were still people interested in doing an open mic segment!

The band actually suggested perhaps doing that earlier in the evening so as to get people there earlier. Based on the preferences of the manager of Victory's, I may try to get another band (probably not Pearl Jam related) to play after The Real California. I'll be sure to let you know the plan.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Awesome! I will bring my guitar! Cant' wait!
  • Options
    Question for you all - do you think it will make a big difference in attendence if we keep the party to 21 and over? It looks like it will be somewhat of a PITA to find door guys, pay them, get wristbands, etc... to make it 18 over since the bar is normally 21 and over.

Thoughts?
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Question for you all - do you think it will make a big difference in attendence if we keep the party to 21 and over? It looks like it will be somewhat of a PITA to find door guys, pay them, get wristbands, etc... to make it 18 over since the bar is normally 21 and over.

Thoughts?

Are there many 18 - 20 year old Pearl Jam fans that were planning to come??
    It's not in the University District...so most of the younger college crowd won't be around this area anyway.
    I don't hang out in the Brewery District, but if the club is usually 21+...I'm fine with leaving it as is!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Ack!

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=141242
    mickeyrat wrote:
    only thing I've received is Brad promo items, so I would say we need to keep trying. Have sent her a message. Have to wait for a response. If not, we'll need to get creative for the fundraiser. I would have to get it put together again, but I may be willing to part with the Ten Super Deluxe Box for our little shindig.

That would be great! I tried contacting Wishlist the other day and have not heard back either. I have to say that I'm getting a bit frustrated and annoyed.

I'd be willing to donate the 2010 Columbus show poster and a holiday single.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    The posters are done! Here are the images that you can right click on and save to your computer to e-mail, post on Facebook, etc. This evening I'll also have the Photoshop files to actually print from. If you'd like the Photoshop file, please let me know and I'll try to figure out some way to get it to you.

pearljam.jpg

pearljam2.jpg
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    The posters are done! Here are the images that you can right click on and save to your computer to e-mail, post on Facebook, etc. This evening I'll also have the Photoshop files to actually print from. If you'd like the Photoshop file, please let me know and I'll try to figure out some way to get it to you.

pearljam.jpg

pearljam2.jpg

CAT......
    These posters are FREAKING AWESOME!!!
    I LOVE BOTH OF THEM!!!!
    We should sell them at the SHOW....
    Maybe $5.00 each and donate the profits to Crimestoppers!!!!
    Very Nice Job :ugeek:

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    To donate, I have a:

CD-R of House of Blues (Ed & C-Average) from 11/13/99 (date could be wrong)
    CD-R of Pearl Jam Unplugged. For all I know, it could have the mention of Beth.
    Maybe a few other DVDr or CDr material.

How bad do I want to donate a Volcom Backspacer t-shirt (size Medium.) New, in unopened bag.

I mean, it's the only one I have. It's too small for me, but it COULD be a major collectible some day, no?

As for the minimum age, I mentioned that I know someone who may not mind doing it, but that was before I remembered about the OSU football game the next day. I'm sure he'll have to be there butt-ass early for that one, so he's probably out...unless someone else wants me to ask.

And I do like the idea of selling the posters. Maybe even "sell" things for a minimum donation requested, or is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    CAT......
    I LOVE BOTH OF THEM!!!!
    Very Nice Job

I wish I could take credit for the fabulous posters, but it was actually a friend of mine who also happens to be a bartender at Victory's and a huge PJ fan who did them. :D

I'm going to Kinko's to print some to put up tomorrow. Let me see how much they cost to print and then we can determine if it would be worth it to try to sell them.

Lost - that would be great if you could donate those things! I'm going to assume that there will probably be quite a few "casual" fans there who might by psyched to win a Backspacer t-shirt!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    CAT......
    I LOVE BOTH OF THEM!!!!
    Very Nice Job

I wish I could take credit for the fabulous posters, but it was actually a friend of mine who also happens to be a bartender at Victory's and a huge PJ fan who did them. :D

I'm going to Kinko's to print some to put up tomorrow. Let me see how much they cost to print and then we can determine if it would be worth it to try to sell them.

Lost - that would be great if you could donate those things! I'm going to assume that there will probably be quite a few "casual" fans there who might by psyched to win a Backspacer t-shirt!
    given there are copyrighted images on these, I think it would be wise to ask for permission to this. I wouldn't think there would be a problem actually using these for this purpose, just sayin. AND BESIDES, YOU'VE OPENLY POSTED!!!

• Options
    We also posted...
    Donate the profits to Crimestoppers :lol::lol:
    I've got a Gorge & Philly Boxset (Does it matter if they are opened?)
    I can donate to the raffle too!! :ugeek:

• Options
    I had thought about the copyright issues last night also. So I would not feel comfortable selling the posters, even for charity.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    pjscorp5pjscorp5 Ohio Posts: 42
    I can't wait...this sounds like so much fun...Thanks to everyone putting all the time and effort into making this happen... :D
    You cannot lose if you throw the race....
  • Options
    I just made a Facebook page for the Party! I hope I did everything properly. :?

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pearl-Jam-20th-Anniversary-Party-Columbus-OH/165071726838035

Please help to spread the word!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Since there have been some copyright concerns about the flyers, I've made a half-sheet flyer from photos taken by fellow 10C members (and I got their permission also!). I plan to put these on tables and hand them out at Victory's during the next couple of weeks.

10-22-10PearlJampartyhalfflyer.jpg
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14