Options

How do I break it to my dad...

13»

Comments

• Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    you can always make more money..you've got your whole life ahead of you..$800-$1000 will be nothing to you in a few years when you have a career..it may be alot now..but enjoy your youth

True. Enjoy your youth. You don't get it back. Wish I had attended more shows as a young man, pre-mortgage and family.

Still, be respectful. Always remember to listen, no matter how much you want to open your mouth and interrupt. It will go a long way.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Avoid living beyond your means.

If you choose to do so, you will have to pay for it eventually.
    Agreed! It's all well and good wanting something... but your dad wants the best for you. If you go to PJ, are you gonna need to be hitting him for cash soon? If so I can see exactly where he's coming from. Are you living at home? Your parents shouldn't be funding your habit.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    SammyK14 wrote:
    i appreciate the advice, its good to hear some different perspectives. i'm living with him, so i eat and sleep for free when im home, but beyond that i'm supporting myself. also during the school year he sends me a monthly check to pay for food and school stuff
    beyond that? :D I'm sorry!

You do know it's not for free, right? Somebody's paying for your food.. it's just not you... so I can see exactly why he'd be pissed off when they're paying plenty of money on you and you just squander yours.

At your age I wouldn't have given a fuck or seen the hypocrisy in it either!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you