What was your favorite Toy as a child?

13»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Harrumph. This is like the eternal argument with my cousin Billy who used to want to be Kirk when we were playing Star Trek as kids. I demanded to be Kirk since I was six weeks older and a full grade ahead of Billy. Billy said no, I couldn't be Kirk because I was a girl. He would suggest Uhura. Then his younger brother and sister would want to play but would pout because the best we could offer was Checkov and Spock. Nobody ever wanted to be Spock... I think we argued so much that we rarely ever sorted it out enough to play.

Ok kids....here you go, print them out and carry around with you... no more fighting ok?

spock.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Oh yeah!
    falcon_side.jpg

That's the one I had too....glorious.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    darnit...wrong link....my bad :oops:

{where'd the freaking things go?}
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Didn't have The Millennium Falcon but did have the Ewok Village :lol:

ewokvillage-catalog.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

ewokvillage-catalog.jpg

As a child, I would've gone above and beyond on my chores to get that shit! :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    My older sister used to chew the feet off of my Star Wars figures , she was a sadistic bitch!, come home from school, there's Princess Leia, NO FEET, WTF?

Um, you had a Princess Leia doll?
    snicker
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I am aging myself a lot here, but there use to be a doll named
    "Shrinking Violet" and I loved her!
    I also had a kid size buffet set. It was like a side board for a dining room and came complete with all the dishes and candlesticks, napkins, everything you'd imagine.
    Save room for dessert!
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Playmobils !!

I had a whole town, complete with a hospital, a school, a police station, an electrical train, a big house for the rich, a small house for the not so rich, a safari house (?!) for the weird and even a dodgy housing estate area :? . And for the town folks that wouldn't get a house, there was, well, a caravan...

* sigh *
  • I was a total tomboy so

Matchbox cars...I even had the A-team van (still have it stashed away somewhere)
    Transformers
    and my bmx

Barbies.. only so I could cut the hair off them...actually did that to nearly every doll anyone gave me :? :lol:

I eventually did that with my Barbies too. Scissors + nail polish = awesome mohawk.

Besides Barbies, I adored my Big Wheel and later my bmx bike. Also totally loved my firetruck, the paper dolls my Aunt Pat would always send and the empty cable spools mom would bring home from work.
    I carried a watermelon
  • digging all the love for He-Man on here, def my favorite as a kid - I had Castle Greyskull and all of Skeletor's shit and my neighbor and best friend had the He-Man shit. Also loved Mask. We'd also entertain ourselves with the cheap little army figures that didnt do anything. We'd just set up them up all over the place and go to war. Also had a pretty damn sweet GT Dyno that I rarely got off of.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Didn't have The Millennium Falcon but did have the Ewok Village :lol:

ewokvillage-catalog.jpg
    My father walked into my room when I was a kid and smashed my Ewok Village with his foot because i did somehting wrong.
    Bastard.... :evil:
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    digging all the love for He-Man on here, def my favorite as a kid - I had Castle Greyskull and all of Skeletor's shit and my neighbor and best friend had the He-Man shit. Also loved Mask. We'd also entertain ourselves with the cheap little army figures that didnt do anything. We'd just set up them up all over the place and go to war. Also had a pretty damn sweet GT Dyno that I rarely got off of.
    I set the dvr to record Masters of the Universe movie today at 3pm :mrgreen: :geek: :lol:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Do imaginary friends count?
    When I was left with nothing much to play with, she became my imaginary friend and " play thing ".
    I was 6 and her name was Simperia.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    I forgot about playing army with those plastic soldiers!
    Cowboys and Indians as well! Good times!
  • pandora wrote:
    digging all the love for He-Man on here, def my favorite as a kid - I had Castle Greyskull and all of Skeletor's shit and my neighbor and best friend had the He-Man shit. Also loved Mask. We'd also entertain ourselves with the cheap little army figures that didnt do anything. We'd just set up them up all over the place and go to war. Also had a pretty damn sweet GT Dyno that I rarely got off of.
    I set the dvr to record Masters of the Universe movie today at 3pm :mrgreen: :geek: :lol:
    Love it!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    IMG_09606794333_std.jpg

Forgot about this! Hand me down from my older twin sisters 8-) awesome :D
  • pandora wrote:
    IMG_09606794333_std.jpg

Forgot about this! Hand me down from my older twin sisters 8-) awesome :D

The Twinn Schwinn :lol:
    sweet 8-)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    well if we are gonna do bikes:
    chopper2.jpg
    cool..I had a banana seat too on my bike :D and those handle bars, that made for a very cool bike indeed 8-)

Remember pogo sticks and stilts? Fun :lol: unless you fell off :o
    and the summer playground programs, making beaded stuff, playing hopscotch and kickball :D
  • a unicycle
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

ewokvillage-catalog.jpg
    My father walked into my room when I was a kid and smashed my Ewok Village with his foot because i did somehting wrong.
    Bastard.... :evil:

Is it bad that the mental image is cracking me up??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can see exactly where he aimed his foot... :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Hands down all my Ghostbusters stuff.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    Big wheels , mine was "The Green Machine" awesome spin outs on that thing. Too many bikes stolen to remember.

Mostly though the favorite "toy" was fucking around in the woods by my house. That was awesome. Creek, skipping stones, catching crawdads, fishing, etc.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Yep. Favorite play thing was a stick that could be ANYTHING. Favourite thing was building cubby houses in the bush. Favourite thing was playing down the creek and pretending armies and play fights. Favourite things were the tiny houses I would make for the Fairies to come live in and FAVOURITE thing jumping fences and pinching fruit out of orchards, marron out of Dams and picking which old woman in the neighborhood was a witch and spy on her.

Ahh the days.... :D