What was your favorite Toy as a child?

Comments

• pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,310
    Tonka trucks and hot wheels
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    baseball glove
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • star wars action figures, GI joe, wrestlers....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I was lucky to live where there was quite a bit of outdoor space, so I'd have to say our tree forts and canyons. While not toys per se, they were very fun! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    I had a huge assortment of Micro Machines! Why did they phase out?

Trendy toys i can think of-
    Muscle men
    Garbage Pale kids cards
    Slap bracelets
  • Well this got me thinking. So I'd have to say, I loved my baby dolls. Had a couple of Cabbage Patch dolls that I absolutely adored. Played a little with Barbie, but my mum didn't really like her so I didn't have many. I had lots and lots of stuffed animals that I would play with ALL the time - just like in Toy Story I would make up little games and stuff and pretend they were real. And we lived in the country for a while, so it was my brother's matchbox cars, and mounds of dirt and we would build little cities and use our imagination to play.

I also had an etch-a-sketch that I LOVED! And then came Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Totally awesome. :D
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I was 4 and for xmas was given a toy mummy bear driving a battery opperated 3 wheeled cart with her two babies in the back moving and saying " Channa Channa, Channa Channa". It moved and it was cute and they were ALIVE, and they were special to me.
    I called it my Channa Channa.
    One day when i was 6, I found it broken and unloved in the bottom of my younger cousin's toy box.
    I bawled my eyes out.
    How could my mum think it was ok to give it AWAY!

:( I'll never forget that day.
  • smarchee wrote:
    baseball glove
    only a glove...i don't know any boys that don't play with their balls or their bat ;)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    damn
    aside from making me feel old-this thread has me thinking of all the cool stuff I had as a boy

slot cars! with glow in the dark loops!
    My bro and I loved when they went flying across the room after hitting a corner at high speed
    we probably broke a track and the controllers every year
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My Breyer model horses. I had a lot of them. Made little saddles for them, had barbies ride them, made riding clothes for the barbies... good times.....
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Snoopy's Flying Doghouse:

1_03d4c6efbee473a6916f0119e2c9e789.jpg

Lite Brite:

lite-brite.JPG

When I was 5, I broke my pinky rolling around on a Popeye punching bag:

2965212122_98a81514b0.jpg?v=0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Who thought up having a dolphin as a punching bag?
    ````````````````
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Get_Right wrote:
    my steve austin "doll"

GI joe with the kung fu grip and the training center tower, yellow helicopter

giant tinker toys

emergency squad 51 fire hat and toy truck

evel knievel crank up motorcycle with the ring of fire

knock hockey

OMG!!! youre my brother.

my bro had a 6m dollar man. i loved that you could look through his eye. couldnt do that with barbie.

my bro sucked the hair off his GI joe. :shock: :lol:

my bros evil knievel in his van and my barbie in her country camper, used to go on road trips all the way behind our above ground pool. it was all purely plutonic.

the 70s were good times. good times. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Get_Right wrote:
    my steve austin "doll"

GI joe with the kung fu grip and the training center tower, yellow helicopter

giant tinker toys

emergency squad 51 fire hat and toy truck

evel knievel crank up motorcycle with the ring of fire

knock hockey

OMG!!! youre my brother.
    my bro had a 6m dollar man. i loved that you could look through his eye. couldnt do that with barbie.
    my bros evil knievel in his van and my barbie in her country camper, used to go on road trips all the way behind our above ground pool. it was all purely plutonic.

I had Derry Daring motorcycle doll. She was Evil Knievel's girlfriend or something.

Also had Jamie Summers doll (6 million dollar woman). She had the bionic leg that you could plug in. And I think the bionic ear too? I mean, you plugged it in and it didn't do anything. You had to use your imagination.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    My Gi Joe's.

I would play with them for hours.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2010
    http://www.retrojunk.com
    You can watch old commericals of your favorite toys! Use the search!

LJN WWF Wrestlers!!!http:// www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/9184/
    I loved them so much as a kid I Collect them now! I collect the mint condition still on the card ones.
    I want to collect all the ones I had as a kid, I need maybe 15 more. ;-)

I also loved He-Man.

Good Times.
    Post edited by acoustic guy on
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

LJN WWF Wrestlers!!!http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/9184/
    I loved them so much as a kid I Collect them now! I collect the mint condition still on the card ones.

I also loved He-Man.

Good Times.

My son loved He-Man. I loved the movie!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abqAwKLp ... ure=browch
  • pandora wrote:

I also loved He-Man.

Good Times.

Really? I thought it was so lame? Needed a better He-man.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Ghostbusters action figures
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures
    Legos

I could spend hours upon hours playing with those and I still love Legos :D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

I also loved He-Man.

Good Times.

Really? I thought it was so lame? Needed a better He-man.
    acting was awful.....lame yes but I think to Mom's he might have been lookin ok, nice outfit!! ;)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Little plastic animals. You could buy them in bags, usually farm animals or zoo animals and such as that. Also a few mice made of what I suspect were rabbit fur, sold as cat toys. They were something like 25 or 50 cents each at the local Woolworth's.

Remember Reader's Digest Condensed Books? My parents had them. They were really heavy. I would lay them down on the carpet and pretend they were islands, and different animals lived on different islands. We had an Oriental rug in the living room, and I would pretend that part of the pattern was a river. I'd make them houses out of Legos.

Later I made an incredible dollhouse that I loved out of a taped-together stack of shoe boxes. It looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Paper curtains, beds made of cotton balls. I had so much fun making it and adding to it.

Around the time I was working on that, my father _ who probably was secretly aghast at the shoebox dollhouse, surprised me with a gorgeous handmade wooden dollhouse. But I loathed dolls, so I used the rabbit fur mice as the dollhouse family. It consisted of T Bear (a little fully jointed teddy bear), Mouseykins (a gray rabbit fur mouse), Stuart Little (another gray rabbit fur mouse), O Crispen (a white rabbit fur mouse) and two little plastic mice that were the unnamed twin babies.

Also Breyer horses, which were quite expensive as I recall, but over time I amassed a small herd of my own.

Wow. I was kind of a weird kid, but I had a great imagination... I still have all the Breyer horses, the dollhouse, and the whole eclectic animal family. They're up in our attic waiting patiently for me to be demented enough to play with them again.

:lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    any of my star wars action figures... i had a TON of them :D

Oh God, me too...except mine are actually still in my possession, stowed away in the parents attic. :oops:

I remember the Christmas I got the Millenium Falcon. It was then that I understood true happiness. :lol:

Good times with those, for sure.

I also had an affinity for He-Man and TMNT
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    OMG!!! youre my brother.

ha ha ha :lol: awesome

hong kong phooey and inch high private eye!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I made an incredible dollhouse that I loved out of a taped-together stack of shoe boxes. It looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Paper curtains, beds made of cotton balls. I had so much fun making it and adding to it.

But I loathed dolls,

:lol:

I made a shoebox dollhouse once too....used the same plastic animals as tenants as I thought 'baby dolls' were creepy. :lol:
    I did eventually build my own dollhouse from a kit when I was 9. {sigh} I wish I still had all that stuff :cry:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Barbies.

and Colorforms
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Oh yeah!
    falcon_side.jpg
    Touring Fan since 1996
    Oh yeah!
    falcon_side.jpg

Wow. I would like to play with that right now. It looks like fun.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Oh yeah!
    falcon_side.jpg

:o:o:o:D:D:D

"Don't worry, she'll hold together"!!! "Come on baby hold together"
    Oh yeah!
    falcon_side.jpg

:o:o:o:D:D:D

"Don't worry, she'll hold together"!!! "Come on baby hold together"

I wanna be Han Solo! I wanna be Han Solo!
    BJ can be Chewie.
    Ledbetterdays can be Luke. (I know there will be a protest, since it's Ledbetterdays's toy.)

Harrumph. This is like the eternal argument with my cousin Billy who used to want to be Kirk when we were playing Star Trek as kids. I demanded to be Kirk since I was six weeks older and a full grade ahead of Billy. Billy said no, I couldn't be Kirk because I was a girl. He would suggest Uhura. Then his younger brother and sister would want to play but would pout because the best we could offer was Checkov and Spock. Nobody ever wanted to be Spock... I think we argued so much that we rarely ever sorted it out enough to play.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I wanna be Han Solo! I wanna be Han Solo!
    BJ can be Chewie.
    Ledbetterdays can be Luke. (I know there will be a protest, since it's Ledbetterdays's toy.)

Harrumph. This is like the eternal argument with my cousin Billy who used to want to be Kirk when we were playing Star Trek as kids. I demanded to be Kirk since I was six weeks older and a full grade ahead of Billy. Billy said no, I couldn't be Kirk because I was a girl. He would suggest Uhura. Then his younger brother and sister would want to play but would pout because the best we could offer was Checkov and Spock. Nobody ever wanted to be Spock... I think we argued so much that we rarely ever sorted it out enough to play.[/quote]

I had Han's hair cut until i was 14, feathered back and parted in the middle, it didn't even look good! All i knew was Han was cool, and i wanted to be him. My older sister used to chew the feet off of my Star Wars figures , she was a sadistic bitch!, come home from school, there's Princess Leia, NO FEET, WTF?