I have dermatographia....aka writing on the skin....

2»

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    kenny olav wrote:
    I just love how there's a latin-based name for every fucked up thing in this world. Is there a cure? Or are you a human magna doodle for life?

They say it can just come on suddenly and you can have it for weeks, months, years, forever. So I don't know. I've been really overworked lately, only been sleeping 4-6 hours a night for months on end and they say stress can bring it on....I've read that some people have eliminated stressors in their life and it got better so maybe doing that will work....one day when I have time! haha
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    JaneNY wrote:
    Does taking any kind of antihistamine help? Or using a steroid cream? Have you figured out the problem, like could it also be related to a specific detergent, or soap?

Yes, antihistamines and steroids are the only way to deal with it....but really, it's not that bad. I've taken a couple of antihistamines when I was scratching heaps....but I'll live.

They say an allergon could trigger it....or stress. Don't know. I'll go to the doctor in the next week or so and see what he recommends to do. But from all my research you can't really do anything except continue to write crazy shit on your skin! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • write "EAT ME" right above your "c" word :lol: