Mad Men (best show on TV?)

2»

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Can't wait for this season. so many questions from last season.

Finally something to watch in the summer again.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    fife wrote:
    Can't wait for this season. so many questions from last season.

Finally something to watch in the summer again.

Definitely looking forward to this. What has it been? Almost 2 years since the last season?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Any way I can watch season 4 online?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I'd like to watch a summary of the seasons. I don't have the time or energy to catch up.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Don's back 8-)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'm so far behind. Only seen the 1st season.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I watched an episode or two on Netflix and found it to be boring ...(Maybe it's because I'm a teenager). Nothing really interesting to me. Now if we are talking about best I think that would be Breaking Bad. Such an awesome show. Even though it's not my favorite(My personal favorite being Psych) I think it's the best show on TV today.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    SO SO good. The summer that Season 4 was on, I got seasons 1-3 and caught up whenever I got the chance.

The writing is phenomenal.

Plus John Slattery = silver fox. The majority of the cast is extremely talented and happen to be attractive at the same time. :lol: Jon Hamm, plus I think January Jones and Christina Hendricks are stunning.

Can't wait to watch the season premiere!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Why would anyone throw don draper a surprise party.
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025

Because she's arm candy. That episode was horrible. I was really disappointed. It was almost like the writers said "ok how many crazy one liners can we make Roger say in an episode?" Although they were funny they tried too hard. I usually watch Shameless at 9 but I watched it at 11 and it was amazing. That's the best show. You also have to remember, the mood of the country has changed. I think anyway. People have really had enough of people who take advantage of the average people and probably won't want to watch it on tv. I'll be curious to see what the ratings were. Anyone else have thoughts?
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112

Good question, such a cool dude. His wife was so hot and sexy when she was singing and dancing around that it should have eased somewhat for him :twisted:
  • dont know what you all are talking about. same great show, same great writing and acting. i look forward to the rest of the season. this is more than one of the best shows on tv. along with the sopranos, breaking bad, the wire, arrested development etc... its one of the greatest shows ever to air, period. I love art I can get lost in. You really do feel like you are in the 60's in this show. Im a big fan of the hippie stuff, butso many shows have focused on that side of the era, for good reason obviously. but i like the show because it focuses on an aspect of the 60's few if any shows or movies or art have focused on before, wealthy, or upper middle class white men and and women on madison avenue. pretty brilliant stuff. that said its always been interesting how they weave the social and political aspects in their in subtle ways. I remember reading an interview with jon hamm and he said something about how he didnt want to be don draper in the late 60's early 70's. I know mad men is only going to go on for a few more seasons, but as we get later in the 60's should be interesting to see his world and that other world collide
    It seems like Don's time is passing as he gets older and I think it's interesting to see how the changes in the 60's affect him.
    Its interestign watching him decline and Pete climb.

I think it was in Season 4 when Roger said something to Don like i used to be just like you.

I enjoyed last night.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Watching Pete get knocked down was some of my favorite Tv ever!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    intodeep wrote:
    Watching Pete get knocked down was some of my favorite Tv ever!

Yes he needed a lesson for talking down to everyone all the time. I've always like him because I can appreciate his drive to get the job done and push himself to get ahead.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    wow no one posted about the season finale? You all alive?

anyways, I dont want to wait a year to find out what happened at the bar.

season 5 was damn good. one of the best shows on tv year after year.
    I thought the final was okay. I was a little underwhelmed. A lot of interesting stuff happened this season.

I did enjoy seeing pete get knocked down AGAIN
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    intodeep wrote:
    I thought the final was okay. I was a little underwhelmed. A lot of interesting stuff happened this season.

I too was underwhelmed,I was expecting more....Agree with the Peter statement also....what a Nancyboy :lol::lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    intodeep wrote:

I too was underwhelmed,I was expecting more....Agree with the Peter statement also....what a Nancyboy :lol::lol:

Definitely a little underwhelmed. Especially after everything that happened in the 2 prior episodes. Overall, another very good season.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i was impressed with the finale. Alot happened, but it wasnt the typical finale fare. Thats the charm of it i think. They could have ended the season with any number of insane things happening. And I think they did. the ending scene at the bar is open ended as hell, and as I said I cant wait to find out what happened. I like how they essentially crammed finale stuff into the season as a whole and didnt just wait until the last episode to do it. its been peppered throughout the season.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    my thought on last night show. I think it was great!

To begin, I think Don is not going to cheat on his wife but i do believe that he has moved on from her. The reason I believe that is the scene when he runs into Peggy in the movies and when he is looking at his wife when she gets the role for the commercial.

I think Don likes the idea of a woman getting where he is on their own. the 1 constant woman in Don life was his ex wife who dies and dies on her own terms. Peggy is like that woman. Peggy is becoming Don as you can tell from the scene where she is in bed and having a drink.

As for Rogers, you just have to love him and the way he never changes.

I just wish there was more shows this year since it feels that it was so short since we lost last years.
    this season did feel very short
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • finnish season 1...

great show..

but seriously...to much fuckin smoking,,,

is like i smell and see smoke coming out of my screen...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • just finished season 5. Just like the other seasons, it stared out slow and ended very good.

Jessica Pare (Don's wife) is shaping up to be a very good actress and a great character on the show.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    just finished season 5. Just like the other seasons, it stared out slow and ended very good.

Jessica Pare (Don's wife) is shaping up to be a very good actress and a great character on the show.
    I like that little sing and dance thing she did :mrgreen:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    just finished season 5. Just like the other seasons, it stared out slow and ended very good.

I like that little sing and dance thing she did :mrgreen:

That was awesome. And a bit weird. I tried it on my wife after we watched this episode. Didnt work on her either. :oops:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    One of the best for sure..loved it..sad is over
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”