Mad Men (best show on TV?)

fifefife Posts: 3,327
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
so i just did a review of treads and notice there is none on the best show on TV. does anyone watch Mad men here and what is your feeling about this season. I find the show to be dark but this year is even darker.

any other MADMEN fans out there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    It's a great show, possibly the best because Lost is gone. There's alot going on in each scene and each character is complicated in their own way. It treats the viewer intelligently which is what Lost did. There's a Twin Peaks feel in some weird way.
  • pffft... don't compare it to lost :roll:

lost fans were sheep that confused sci-fi confusion with smart writing... there was nothing about the ending that made you look back and rethink anything

mad men is a great show! characters that are actually interesting and complex

i cant believe the shit peggy puts up with
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Best show on tv???

Billy the Exterminator!!! Hands down :D

That or Wipeout
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    marcos wrote:
    It's a great show, possibly the best because Lost is gone. There's alot going on in each scene and each character is complicated in their own way. It treats the viewer intelligently which is what Lost did. There's a Twin Peaks feel in some weird way.
    +1
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    pffft... don't compare it to lost :roll:

lost fans were sheep that confused sci-fi confusion with smart writing... there was nothing about the ending that made you look back and rethink anything

I didn't mean to compare it to Lost, Lost was better. Notice how Mad Men does the flashback thing, wonder where they got that from?

Is someone still mad that the finale wasn't what they wanted?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • marcos wrote:

I didn't mean to compare it to Lost, Lost was better. Notice how Mad Men does the flashback thing, wonder where they got that from?
    ah yes... lost was the first show to utilize flashbacks :roll:

LOST SUCKED :twisted:

every character was a whiney jackass... i wanted all of them dead by the end... luckily they were (WHAT A TWIST)

i would actually wanna sit and have a drink with most of the characters on mad men

oh and january jones > all the women of lost combined

• Newch91 wrote:
    Is someone still mad that the finale wasn't what they wanted?
    when the success of the show is ENTIRELY contingent on the finale and the finale sucked, YES the show sucked (IMO)

sorry to get the thread so off track

back to mad men... that show does a lot more with a lot less... no gimmicks

marcos wrote:
    i would actually wanna sit and have a drink with most of the characters on mad men

oh and january jones > all the women of lost combined

I don't agree wth your Lost views, but would love to sit down for a three martini lunch with the Mad Men, it's so funny the way they can drink all day, but that's the way it use to be I suppose. January Jones is very hot but also very annoying, but that's her character. Roger is obviously the best drinking partner.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    eh when did become about lost.
    For anyone who didn't watch yesterday Madmen man did you miss a great show. the feminist movement is going to coming soon to the show. also, i can see Don changing a lot this season and next season. did anyone watch the show?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never heard of it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fife wrote:
    For anyone who didn't watch yesterday Madmen man did you miss a great show. the feminist movement is going to coming soon to the show. also, i can see Don changing a lot this season and next season. did anyone watch the show?
    i liked the previous episode alot more... between that one and this week's though theres really alot going on with don

you think betty and him are gonna get back together? alot of unresolved business there

this show could easily stay strong for another 3 or 4 season at this rate

• This season has been really, really good and that's saying something compared to the previous seasons. The episode last week, that focused on Don and Peggy, may have been the best hour of TV that show has ever created. I've always enjoyed the dynamic between those two characters, and it's such a treat to have an episode that puts them together like that. Don has so many walls and never shows vulnerability to anyone, and to have this episode explore the idea that Peggy could be the new Anna, the one person whom Don can actually be who he is with, was very entertaining TV.

This weeks episode set up the idea of a Don and Betty reunion, and I like that too. Don realizes he's got a ton of problems, Betty realizes that she does have everything.... it makes me look forward to what is around the corner for those two.

Also, good for Peggy for firing that little jerk and Don giving her the permission to do it. I don't care that Joan turned it around on her, he got what he deserved.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    mbangel10 wrote:
    This season has been really, really good and that's saying something compared to the previous seasons. The episode last week, that focused on Don and Peggy, may have been the best hour of TV that show has ever created. I've always enjoyed the dynamic between those two characters, and it's such a treat to have an episode that puts them together like that. Don has so many walls and never shows vulnerability to anyone, and to have this episode explore the idea that Peggy could be the new Anna, the one person whom Don can actually be who he is with, was very entertaining TV.

This weeks episode set up the idea of a Don and Betty reunion, and I like that too. Don realizes he's got a ton of problems, Betty realizes that she does have everything.... it makes me look forward to what is around the corner for those two.

Also, good for Peggy for firing that little jerk and Don giving her the permission to do it. I don't care that Joan turned it around on her, he got what he deserved.

I guess the Don/Betty reunion is gone. last night show was one for the ages. greatest line ever said on TV. Don says "i would ask my secretary to do it but she dead" Don said it with no hint of humor or sarcasm that it was great.

Peggy was also great this week (as always) that last scene with all 3 women in the elevator was just so powerful. I am waiting to see how the situation with Roger and Joan goes. Just a great show, sadly not to many left for the season.
  • RIP Miss Blakenship

the scene where they were rolling her by the window :lol:

“She died like she lived -- surrounded by the people she answered phones for" :lol:

• Still can't believe the finale last night! Don Draper getting married again?!?!? I did not see that one coming at all....
  • Still can't believe the finale last night! Don Draper getting married again?!?!? I did not see that one coming at all....
    WTF WAS THAT??

you weren't meant to see it coming... its not supposed to make sense... this show is too smart for it just to be some bullshit finale action

terrible teeth

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Still can't believe the finale last night! Don Draper getting married again?!?!? I did not see that one coming at all....
    WTF WAS THAT??

you weren't meant to see it coming... its not supposed to make sense... this show is too smart for it just to be some bullshit finale action

terrible teeth

When Don walked in the hotel and she was singing with the kids and he made the Maria Von Trapp comment- that was it. That ring was as good as hers.

And yes, terrible teeth. I didn't notice them before- was that a detail for this episode?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    edited November 2010
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Still can't believe the finale last night! Don Draper getting married again?!?!? I did not see that one coming at all....
    WTF WAS THAT??

terrible teeth

When Don walked in the hotel and she was singing with the kids and he made the Maria Von Trapp comment- that was it. That ring was as good as hers.

And yes, terrible teeth. I didn't notice them before- was that a detail for this episode?
    No, the teeth have been there all along. Glad they finally addressed them last night. They don't bother me but I've heard a lot of comments about them since her story arc began. Thought last night's episode was good but a little disjointed. Still, this was the best season so far and they've all been great.
    Post edited by adam42381 on
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! :D
  • So I was watching the movie 'Hot Tub Time Machine' the other day and Don Draper's secretary/fiance has a nice nude hot tub scene....nice rack!
  • I tried. It seems like a glorified, stylish soap opera to me. Maybe I just don't like TV shows that much.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    This show is awesome. I havent read all the posts here becaus eI am only on season 2 and don't want spoilers, but Ilove this show.

I had a hard time gettting through season 1. I thought it wasnt very good until about half way through, but it really started to take off after that when you start to root for certain people. The characters are awesome, and I love the sets and produciton value.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Just finished watching Season 1 today. Genius ending with Peggy not knowing she was pregnant.

Will probably start season 2 later today. This heat wave has helped by letting me stay inside to watch it.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've watched season's 1-3 and liked it a lot. I need to catch up with season 4 soon
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    In reference to the title, second best show behind Breaking Bad
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    I just watched the first 2 seasons. Pretty much have been watching non stop on net flix. Holy poo I like this show
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    EZ1221C wrote:
    In reference to the title, second best show behind Breaking Bad

Both are great shows...I do agree that breaking bad is better.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Don is Back this Sunday!!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22