Where are you in the family?

13»

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mickeyrat wrote:
    between my parents I am one of 5. here's the breakdown

Randy 50's(?) I think. Half-brother from dads first marriage. we're not close at all. lived with his mom.

John 47 half-brother from mom. grew up with him. back then I wish I didnt!!! Hellava guy. really.Honored to be called brother by him.

Unknown Brother. 44-45? Moms second son. she thought it best to give him up for adoption. Often wonder about him. Catholic Social Services are tightlipped.

Me 42

Amanda would have been 38 had she not taken her life 22 years ago.
    I'm sorry for you and your sister, that must have been life changing for you, disillusioning, :(... so young you both were, my heart goes out to you.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,027
    pandora wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Randy 50's(?) I think. Half-brother from dads first marriage. we're not close at all. lived with his mom.

John 47 half-brother from mom. grew up with him. back then I wish I didnt!!! Hellava guy. really.Honored to be called brother by him.

Unknown Brother. 44-45? Moms second son. she thought it best to give him up for adoption. Often wonder about him. Catholic Social Services are tightlipped.

Me 42

I'm sorry for you and your sister, that must have been life changing for you, disillusioning, :(... so young you both were, my heart goes out to you.
    Thank you Pandora. yes ,tough on all of us. it darkened my view of the world and my place in it. used that as the go-to excuse for diving in the bottom of a bottle for a long long time. thankfully with some help and different perspective, I'm at peace with it. only took about 18 yrs!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm the youngest of 3. Two older sisters. 12 years between me and the middle sis.

Yeah. I was a mistake.

With any luck, my family name will die with me.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    I'm the youngest of 3. Two older sisters. 12 years between me and the middle sis.

Yeah. I was a mistake.

With any luck, my family name will die with me.
    and with a little blessing it will not :D
    mickeyrat wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Me 42

Thank you Pandora. yes ,tough on all of us. it darkened my view of the world and my place in it. used that as the go-to excuse for diving in the bottom of a bottle for a long long time. thankfully with some help and different perspective, I'm at peace with it. only took about 18 yrs!!!!
    That's a long road she wouldn't have wanted you to have had to walk, most especially because of her. I'm glad you have found peace, I hope her soul has also. I'm of the belief that the other side holds a clarity we can not imagine here in this life. A sense of relief and closure, an understanding as to why things happen as they do.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    The youngest here ...I have two older sisters.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Oldest and youngest!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    4 sisters. Two older and two younger.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    4 older sisters, no brothers
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My mom and dad had my sister (42), my brother (40) and me (34).

They divorced when I was very young so I also gained;

A stepbrother (34) from my mom's remarriage.

A stepbrother (36) and stepsister (30) as well as a half brother (23) and a half sister (21) from my dad's remarriage.

So, Im my mom's baby, and my dad's middle child. Since the remarriages happened when I was so young, my siblings and I don't really use the step/half labels.