Where are you in the family?

Comments

• [/quote]

I wish my sister loved PJ too!! I'm 17, my sister is 14. She's into everything musically that I am not, mostly top-40 stuff. And she won't take any of my musical suggestions! Oh well, her loss (bigtime!)[/quote]

hey
    to bad about your sister ;)
    concerning the subject, I have a big brother, and he's the one who turned me on to PJ back in '92.
    I was 14 and he was 18 and had just gotten his drivers license. So my dad allowed him to wash the car, before he could use it.
    Anyway, I remember the car-radio played Alive and I though 'wow this new band is really great!(don't think I even remembered their name at the time :lol: ) And thought that I wonder what will happen with them, stardom or one hit wonder. It's so funny to think back on that episode.

So just give your sister some time, maybe she'll come along. We tend to look up to our older siblings ;)

just realized I'm new to this forum thing, and not to good on quoting people ;)
    PJ - Roskilde Festival - June 30th 2000
    PJ - Heineken Jammin' Festival - July 6 2010
    PJ - Oslo, Norway - July 9 2012
    SG - Oslo, Norway - October 17 1996
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    samjam wrote:
    scb wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    I have twin sister too :D and we both love pj :)

Awesome! I wish my sister loved Pearl Jam.

I wish my sister loved PJ too!! I'm 17, my sister is 14. She's into everything musically that I am not, mostly top-40 stuff. And she won't take any of my musical suggestions! Oh well, her loss (bigtime!)

If she's only 14 then there's plenty of time! She'll come around. My sister's 34... but she liked Pearl Jam when we were 14! We went to our first PJ show together. Your sister probably secretly likes them because she secretly looks up to you. :D
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    One older sister by 5 1/2 years.

One of us was raised by wolves.

I'll give you a hint which one.

I think that full moons arRRRRRRRUUUUUUuu awesome!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i'm the youngest of 4. 2 girls, then two boys. we're all about 18-22 months apart.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'm the baby of the family.

3 sisters
    1- 13 years older
    1- 10 years older
    1 - 3 years older

1 brother
    5 years older

I was born on my eldest sister's 13th birthday.
    We all get along.
    Hold On
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    I have one sister 17 months older than me.

I was the baby out of the whole family, all the cousins--both sides, until my niece was born six years ago.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I'm the baby ... sister 5 years older .... brother 10 years older
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Nastasja wrote:
    I'm an only child

Me too. Can't relate to Brother, but it somehow fuels the "sibling mystery".
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    scb wrote:

If she's only 14 then there's plenty of time! She'll come around. My sister's 34... but she liked Pearl Jam when we were 14! We went to our first PJ show together. Your sister probably secretly likes them because she secretly looks up to you. :D

Yeah, guess I'll give her time. I always liked different music than her. My dad introduced both of us to classic rock very very early on, and I just took to it, and my sister completely did not! She is my polar opposite- it's scary we're both our parents children!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    youngest of 5...3 sisters and a brother...good catholics we were :lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    2nd youngest of 4. 2 older sisters 1 younger brother.

interestingly i have 3 girls and a boy, my mother had 3 girls and a boy and her mother had 3 girls and a boy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I only have one real sister. She's older by one year.

I occasionally had some step brothers and sisters. I don't count them because they weren't around for very long. :P :?

:mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Eldest of five kids here. :D

Two sisters (a year and three years younger) and two brothers (seven and ten years younger). 8-) It's safe to say things got a little noisy sometimes. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i'm the youngest of 4. 2 girls, then two boys. we're all about 18-22 months apart.

At first I read this as "I'm the youngest of 4.2 girls." I was wondering how there could be 4.2 girls and how you could be the youngest of all girls if you're a guy. :lol: What can I say? It's late and I'm tired. :oops:
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    scb wrote:
    I have a twin sister and a younger brother.

cool, another twin! mine is identical, and we're pretty close. We also have an older brother (3 yrs). they both have a healthy appreciation for pearl jam, I think their opinion is the music is all right, but if it means that much to me then it must be pretty special. we're all close like that.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Have only one sibling, brother 9.5years older than myself.

We both had our own time of being the only child as such, as he moved out of home when I was 8yo.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,692
    I have 1 brother that is 2 yrs younger than me
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

We both had our own time of being the only child as such, as he moved out of home when I was 8yo.

Yeah, me and my brother are a bit like that. I went to uni when he was 3 and have never lived at home since. I used to visit for holidays, and they came to see me when I lived up country. Since I moved back, we are close, he's a great lad. I try to spend time with him when I am not cramping his style! My parents did try to keep me involved, I got copies of school reports, photos, drawings, little notes and they got a web cam so I could see him and chat to him/them when I was away too.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    dottles wrote:

Yeah, me and my brother are a bit like that. I went to uni when he was 3 and have never lived at home since. I used to visit for holidays, and they came to see me when I lived up country. Since I moved back, we are close, he's a great lad. I try to spend time with him when I am not cramping his style! My parents did try to keep me involved, I got copies of school reports, photos, drawings, little notes and they got a web cam so I could see him and chat to him/them when I was away too.

We have never really been close, other factors influenced that, and I was the black sheep/rebel of the family. I would disappear for months and no-one except my dad would hear from me. Needless to say, always have been a daddy's girl. We have the closest relationship within our family, and that has always caused jealousy with my mother and also my SIL!! My dad and I have very similar personalities and now my son and my dad have a very tight relationship, which is good for both of them.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    @ the bottom
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Sister - 42
    Brother - 40
    Sister - 36
    Me - 31
    Brother - 30
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I have an older sister. She's an awesome sister and one of my best friends.

Also have 3 older step-sisters, all of who I could live without.....
  • My poor Dad... 3 girls

I'm the oldest... 30, 27 and 24
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    myra wrote:
    Nastasja wrote:
    I'm an only child

Me too. Can't relate to Brother, but it somehow fuels the "sibling mystery".

yes, sometimes I think: would I have fought all the time or teamed up. I know a lot of examples for the latter one....
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    3 younger sisters, the 4 of us born within 5 years of each other (41,40,38,37).....we r terribly close but they do live to drive their older brother f**kin nuts at time.....what book said "I could never love anyone like i love my sisters?" I guess its true but its not like i was left with much of a choice now was i? :lol:
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    maynardsux wrote:
    3 younger sisters, the 4 of us born within 5 years of each other (41,40,38,37).....we r terribly close but they do live to drive their older brother f**kin nuts at time.....what book said "I could never love anyone like i love my sisters?" I guess its true but its not like i was left with much of a choice now was i? :lol:
    you must be a wonderful man!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I'm the oldest with 2 younger sisters....3 and 9 years younger. Then I have about 10 half brothers, it constantly changes as my Dad was a very busy man back in the day. If I see a guy who looks similar to me and has a Catholic background it could be my brother. :o I've let's see 3 living Florida that i know of.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,027
    between my parents I am one of 5. here's the breakdown

Randy 50's(?) I think. Half-brother from dads first marriage. we're not close at all. lived with his mom.

John 47 half-brother from mom. grew up with him. back then I wish I didnt!!! Hellava guy. really.Honored to be called brother by him.

Unknown Brother. 44-45? Moms second son. she thought it best to give him up for adoption. Often wonder about him. Catholic Social Services are tightlipped.

Me 42

Amanda would have been 38 had she not taken her life 22 years ago.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I have one older brother, he's 2.5 years older than me. We were never close growing up, did more fighting than anything. Thanks to PJ we're really close today.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • One older sister, that's it.
    NERDS!