My Fellow 10C Lawyers

2»

Comments

• Anyone I know who went to a top 5 law school quit law within a few years of graduating.

All the skids I know who went to some hack law school now have awesome jobs like foreclosing on people's houses or representing the plaintiff in small claims court.

Just sayin'.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257

that's very cool myra... Dostoyevsky believed "criminals" were merely Unfortunates... that says somethin...true

I'm currently in the UK practising refugee law, and these guys have it as bad, if not worse... I advise em to think real hard about just how much shit they fear in their respective countries, cuz often they're in for worse in the UK... it's one thing to go through hell in your own land, but quite another thing to be treated like subhuman in a foreign land.. they call it human rights law, when in practice it's anythin but...

then again if they wanna stay, that's cool, cuz I do believe certain countries ought to pay the price for having conquered half the world, and then havin left it in the shits... the past catches up ..

I wish I had the time to get into refugees and immigration laws.
    I feel ashamed of my country's policy towards migrants : it was good to have them around to do all those degrading jobs locals would not do, yet now that the crisis's here, they might as well go "home" ( to where ?) or they'll take the blame for it and basically everything else that goes wrong.
    I'm not sure it's any relief to read that they're not being treated any better in other European countries...
    That must be a morally rewarding field to work in, law-wise, though.
  • Newport Beach, CA (admitted in AZ too)
    Divorce
    Small Firm
    Blue Moon

...someone asked for divorce lawyer help...PM me if you need to...
    Adampharris
    1992: Phoenix, Desert Sky Pavilion
    1998: RFK Stadium -- Tibetan Freedom
    1998: Great Western Forum I
    2000: Greek Theater
    2006: Great Western Forum I
    2008: The Wiltern (EV SOLO)
    2008: VH1 The Who Tribute
    2009: LA I, LA III, SD