given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Introduce yourself:

City/State: Evanston, IL
Specialty: Estate Planning
Practice Type: Solo (since April 2010)
Drink of Choice: Scotch on the rocks

Sorry if this has been done before.
Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Introduce yourself:

chadwick

city/state... far away
    specialty... poetry &
    practice type... i never
    drink of choice... water or

sorry if this has been done before.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I'll take the 5th.
  • BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    marcos wrote:
    I'll take the 5th.

So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause ya can't plead the first.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    um
    probably

thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    This Thread is a great idea.
    Lets make friends with some lawyers before we need them. :geek: 8-)
  • i work for a lawyer...does that count?
    I mean, I basically do all the work....they just get all the money and give me crumbs for pay
    specialty: probate/personal injury/litigation/foreclosures & evictions
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i work for a lawyer...does that count?
    I mean, I basically do all the work....they just get all the money and give me crumbs for pay
    specialty: probate/personal injury/litigation/foreclosures & evictions

it doesn't count, but it explains atlot about you.
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Introduce yourself:

Is that the spin off from "what do you do for a living"? ;)

City/State : (near) Marseilles, France
    Specialty : criminal law
    Practice type : solo since 2008, with 2 associates
    Drink of choice : a glass of (good, French) red wine.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902

pretty much describes the life of every associate and staff member in any law firm.

nice to meet you and myra.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

pretty much describes the life of every associate and staff member in any law firm.

no wonder my last manager was so uptight and always had that sour look on her face... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    I play a lawyer.

Does that count?

I write some AWESOME briefs.

and not the type that that would show up in Tremors' thread.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    land shark
    new york city suburbs
    sole practitioner for the last year
    general practice (which means I will do anything if you pay me)

do some pro bono criminal and immigration work

EDIT: that will be $500 please :lol::lol:

EDIT 2: Drink of choice
    Summertime: vodka tonics and sierra nevadas
    Winter: Scotch on the rocks

nice to meet you and myra.

Cheers, nice to meet you too ;-)
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    If there is a DIVORCE lawyer in the bunch, please drop me a pm. I have a few questions. Thanks :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    If there is a DIVORCE lawyer in the bunch, please drop me a pm. I have a few questions. Thanks :)
    if NY, then I might know the answer
    you need someone in your home state
    Get_Right wrote:
    if NY, then I might know the answer
    you need someone in your home state

WASHINGTON STATE! :D Should have been more specific! Thanks though! :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    no problem
    feel free to PM the question if you are interested in my opinion anyway
    Get_Right wrote:
    no problem

Will do! Always interested in others insight! Will do that this evening when I get home. A bit of a long question and needs a little set up. Thanks! :-)

Get_Right wrote:
    no problem

Will do! Always interested in others insight! Will do that this evening when I get home. A bit of a long question and needs a little set up. Thanks! :-)
    sure thing
    confidentiality and discretion assured!
  • I am certain that I will be going to hell, I am no saint and dont pretend to be one. My only comfort is that most lawyers will be joining me. Im sorry mr Lawyer, but even if you are helping someone, you are screwing someone else. Scum.
    I am certain that I will be going to hell, I am no saint and dont pretend to be one. My only comfort is that most lawyers will be joining me. Im sorry mr Lawyer, but even if you are helping someone, you are screwing someone else. Scum.

Wow, that's kind of rude.
  • marcos wrote:
    I am certain that I will be going to hell, I am no saint and dont pretend to be one. My only comfort is that most lawyers will be joining me. Im sorry mr Lawyer, but even if you are helping someone, you are screwing someone else. Scum.

Wow, that's kind of rude.

yes, but it can also be taken as funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6UrMTC73A
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

marcos wrote:
    yes, but it can also be taken as funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6UrMTC73A

Yeah that was funny. People always ask me how can you represent someone if you know they're guilty. I've grown tired of the question and often respond "Oh it's easy, when I worship the Prince of Darkness Satan, he says it's ok". But it's all good as I understand most people have no understanding of the constitution or any idea of fairness. There are way too many lawyer jokes and not enough about doctors. I mean doctors over treat people because they have the money and will let people die if they have no money, but that's a noble profession?
    marcos wrote:

Yeah that was funny. People always ask me how can you represent someone if you know they're guilty. I've grown tired of the question and often respond "Oh it's easy, when I worship the Prince of Darkness Satan, he says it's ok". But it's all good as I understand most people have no understanding of the constitution or any idea of fairness. There are way too many lawyer jokes and not enough about doctors. I mean doctors over treat people because they have the money and will let people die if they have no money, but that's a noble profession?

I might try the Satan line next time I'm asked, that's a good one !
    I usually go with a provocative and jaded " who cares ?" shrug, I've grown so tired of explaining that alleged offenders too have rights....
  • marcos wrote:

there are scums in every profession, every country, from many different walks of life
    the same goes for good people

your profession doesnt make you who you are
    what you do with that profession does however speak to your character and morals

to say that all lawyers are going to hell is no different than saying all white people are going to hell, or anything for that matter..chose your race or ethnicity and fill in the blank...its too bad that one person ends up somehow representing an entire community.

there are scums in every profession, every country, from many different walks of life
    the same goes for good people

your profession doesnt make you who you are
    what you do with that profession does however speak to your character and morals

to say that all lawyers are going to hell is no different than saying all white people are going to hell, or anything for that matter..chose your race or ethnicity and fill in the blank...its too bad that one person ends up somehow representing an entire community.

Well said, "can't be said enough", but of course stupid people just love to categorize people, it's usually because they are afraid because of some default of their own. "Can't we all just get along", alright I just quoted Pearl Jam and Rodney King in the same post, I'm definitely going to hell now.
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    I agree.

Only "real" lawyers go to hell.
    DangDang wrote:
    I agree.

Only "real" lawyers go to hell.

The good part of it being that they know a lot of people there already, and sure won't feel isolated...
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I worked at a law firm for 6 years as a personal assistant....it was good while I was young (19-24) and while I was at uni studying Commerce for 4.5 years....but as soon as I graduated, I said "I'm not anyone's fucking assistant" and got into my own business.

Nearly every lawyer I've met is a dick. And a lot of the ones that weren't dicks eventually turned into dicks over the years. No offence -- not saying that you are or anything. That's just my experience.

Luckily, the guy I worked for was cool. He was about 42 but only had been doing it for 7 years. He eventually got out to become a barrister -- I'm pretty sure he thought most lawyers were dicks also.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • myra wrote:

I might try the Satan line next time I'm asked, that's a good one !
    I usually go with a provocative and jaded " who cares ?" shrug, I've grown so tired of explaining that alleged offenders too have rights....

that's very cool myra... Dostoyevsky believed "criminals" were merely Unfortunates... that says somethin...true

I'm currently in the UK practising refugee law, and these guys have it as bad, if not worse... I advise em to think real hard about just how much shit they fear in their respective countries, cuz often they're in for worse in the UK... it's one thing to go through hell in your own land, but quite another thing to be treated like subhuman in a foreign land.. they call it human rights law, when in practice it's anythin but...

then again if they wanna stay, that's cool, cuz I do believe certain countries ought to pay the price for having conquered half the world, and then havin left it in the shits... the past catches up ..