Switching from PC to Mac

13»

Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Flagg wrote:

I don't like Safari. I used Google Chrome. Safari sometimes has trouble logging into protected sites like bank accounts for some reason.

I use google chrome too. I like the simplicity of it. Although it tends to crash a little bit when it comes to watching flash content.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Steve Jobs wrote:
    Flash is the devils work

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    haffajappa wrote:
    Why do PC lovers always throw the hipster card?
    It seems to me they always end up looking like a douche attacking anyone who has a mac as a "hipster"
    Well, I think Apple does self propagate the hipster image, thus people with macs are associated with hipsters. There is a whole series of ads with the fat dork and the hipster from Dodgeball. Apple is also more concerned with aesthetics rather then added functionality (blu-ray; HDMI ports). And they pay for product placement in all the hip shows that run on HBO.

I'm not fooled by it because I know it's hip to be square. :D
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Jason P wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Apple is also more concerned with aesthetics rather then added functionality (blu-ray; HDMI ports).

I think the reason why there is no blu-ray on Macs is because they want you to buy their movies on itunes, and that they're thinking of the future. Blu-rays are already becoming a thing of the past. I don't know about you but there is no way in hell i'm going to spend $30 on a new blu ray disc when I could just get it for $15-$20 on itunes, or rent it for $1-$5.

Anyway, Apples coming out with iTV soon which is basically a $100 device that hooks up to an hdtv so you can buy movies off itunes. To me, that beats blu ray any day. In the future, people arent going to be buying dvd's or blu rays, their going to use netflix and something like iTV.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Apple products are just for those who need cock extensions at the end of the day.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Brisk. wrote:
    Apple products are just for those who need cock extensions at the end of the day.

nice post by the future star of "the 40 year old virgin 2"

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    dunkman wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

;)

jeeez....are you aiming for corny? :mrgreen::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    dunkman wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

;)

jeeez....are you aiming for corny? :mrgreen::lol:

well as you know Kat is watching us all, so i thought i better make a PC gag...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    appreciate all the feedback...your jeagler is officially a mac. i should hopefully be able to pick it up this evening.

best part about it was it cost about $100 less than i anticipated and i got the iworks (which i was not going to get initially)
    god bless the teacher's discount that i got courtesy of the fiance ;)

cant wait to play around with it tonight. i actually dreamt about it last night :lol::mrgreen:

Went Mac 7 years a go, on my second one and never a moments trouble, my sister has my first one and it is still running perfectly. Good luck. Which model did you get?

went with the macbook. been toying around with it for a while now tonight. love it.

do you use their Safari web brower? i like firefox better. just downloaded it. i like having my bookmarks on the left hand side

My wife has a macbook, she loves it. Yes I use firefox, I use open office for any spreadsheets, word processing stuff and transmission for torrents. Enjoy, so far I haven't any any trouble with mine.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    haffajappa wrote:
    Why do PC lovers always throw the hipster card?
    It seems to me they always end up looking like a douche attacking anyone who has a mac as a "hipster"

I agree...maybe they're just envious.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Jason P wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Apple is also more concerned with aesthetics rather then added functionality (blu-ray; HDMI ports).

I think the reason why there is no blu-ray on Macs is because they want you to buy their movies on itunes, and that they're thinking of the future. Blu-rays are already becoming a thing of the past. I don't know about you but there is no way in hell i'm going to spend $30 on a new blu ray disc when I could just get it for $15-$20 on itunes, or rent it for $1-$5.

Anyway, Apples coming out with iTV soon which is basically a $100 device that hooks up to an hdtv so you can buy movies off itunes. To me, that beats blu ray any day. In the future, people arent going to be buying dvd's or blu rays, their going to use netflix and something like iTV.

I agree. I am really hoping you are right about itv being only around a 100, I've heard that rumor before and have been holding off buying apple tv.

• lukin2006 wrote:

I agree. I am really hoping you are right about itv being only around a 100, I've heard that rumor before and have been holding off buying apple tv.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/31/rev ... streaming/

Its all a "rumor" but usually these rumors end up being true. they're holding a conference tomorrow (or today I should say) for the next ipods and will most likely mention iTV.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Went Mac 7 years a go, on my second one and never a moments trouble, my sister has my first one and it is still running perfectly. Good luck. Which model did you get?

went with the macbook. been toying around with it for a while now tonight. love it.

do you use their Safari web brower? i like firefox better. just downloaded it. i like having my bookmarks on the left hand side

My wife has a macbook, she loves it. Yes I use firefox, I use open office for any spreadsheets, word processing stuff and transmission for torrents. Enjoy, so far I haven't any any trouble with mine.

i've noticed some pop up adds coming up while i'm using firefox. mainly for netflix. i guess i just have to adjust my settings or something. does that ever happen to you?
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Steve Jobs wrote:
    There are no popups on the mac
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Steve Jobs wrote:
    There are no popups on the mac

okay.
    www.myspace.com
    Brisk. wrote:

yeah but it's still a pretty good looking cock extension... PC users are still at the ugly, pre-pubescent, acne-ridden face, giggling at girls, etc stage of their lives... plus unlike PC cocks us Apple cocks have no viruses.
    lukin2006 wrote:

i've noticed some pop up adds coming up while i'm using firefox. mainly for netflix. i guess i just have to adjust my settings or something. does that ever happen to you?

Go to firefox preference's click content and make sure "block popup windows" is checked.

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Go to firefox preference's click content and make sure "block popup windows" is checked.

it is :shock:
    www.myspace.com

• it is :shock:

theres always pop ups. Pop ups have nothing to do with what type of computer you own. You can still get pop ups with a pop up blocker.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09