The complaining olympics.

nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Listen.

(pleace ignore spelling mistakes and concentrate on the content)

i'm going to say something from the bottom of my heart. please, don't be ofended, just take a few minutes to think about it.

If a person whos not familliar with PJ would take a look at this forum let me describe you what he'll think -

he'll think that the average age here is something between 60 - 80.
the reason ?
it is like the compaining olympics here. especially after the ED solo tour announcment.

you sound like a bunch of old poeple, bored with your life and complaining like a frastrated grandmother over anything possible.

poeple.
just say thanks. appreciate what you have. you dont DESERVE anything!!! nobody owns you ANYTHING. you get so much and still you sound like a bunch of old poeple in the clinic line waiting to your turn talking about meaningless stuff.

come on... be young.. have fun.. say thank you to this amazing band. stop complaining. it seems like some poeple here think that their 10C membership is like stock investment.
the day the band will start to do thing according to your opinions will mark the end of this band.

ok. you can start cursing me now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nkobik wrote:
    Listen.

i'm going to say something from the bottom of my heart. please, don't be ofended, just take a few minutes to think about it.

If a person whos not familliar with PJ would take a look at this forum let me describe you what he'll think -

the reason ?
    it is like the compaining olympics here. especially after the ED solo tour announcment.

you sound like a bunch of old poeple, bored with your life and complaining like a frastrated grandmother over anything possible.

poeple.
    just say thanks. appreciate what you have. you dont DESERVE anything!!! nobody owns you ANYTHING. you get so much and still you sound like a bunch of old poeple in the clinic line waiting to your turn talking about meaningless stuff.

come on... be young.. have fun.. say thank you to this amazing band. stop complaining. it seems like some poeple here think that their 10C membership is like stock investment.
    the day the band will start to do thing according to your opinions will mark the end of this band.

of course they owe us nothing

but, we do pay dues, that makes us a member of the 10C

that does give us a right to bitch and complain all we want

this is still America, isn't it?

ya know, Freedom of Speech

and the right to ask for some type of explanation when things get all fucked up
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    of course they owe us nothing

but, we do pay dues, that makes us a member of the 10C

that does give us a right to bitch and complain all we want

this is still America, isn't it?

ya know, Freedom of Speech

and the right to ask for some type of explanation when things get all fucked up

you just hit the nerve. this is exactly what i mean -

freedom of speech is the best thing. i only say that i would channel this priviledge for other issues... other than complaining. you'll have all time in the world when you're 70 to complain. why waisting your youth for it ?
  • mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    i'm pretty sure i would place top three in the polevault
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • nkobik wrote:
    you just hit the nerve. this is exactly what i mean -

freedom of speech is the best thing. i only say that i would channel this priviledge for other issues... other than complaining. you'll have all time in the world when you're 70 to complain. why waisting your youth for it ?

Freedom of Speech applies to everything, not just what YOU decide it applies to

btw: I did not cuss you out as you so blatantly asked for in your original post, did I?
    Freedom of Speech applies to everything, not just what YOU decide it applies to

btw: I did not cuss you out as you so blatantly asked for in your original post, did I?

we're not disccussing freedom of speach here. we have no disagreement here.

go ahead. be 80 at 18 (or however old u r). complain your life away. good luck with it.
  • nkobik wrote:
    we're not disccussing freedom of speach here. we have no disagreement here.

go ahead. be 80 at 18 (or however old u r). complain your life away. good luck with it.

thank you for your permission (all sarcasm intended)
  • this is what the board is like right now.

a world of shit.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    People need to take great stock of the original post.

If you have a complaint raise in through the proper channels. what the fuck is the point in publicising your complaint to the whole world, to find support? is that really necessary? or does it feel better to get it off your chests that way?

It baffles me, the only reason for the bitching and wingeing I can see is through sheer disappointment, but i repeat as I have before, when a band gets huge, I'm afraid that'll mean success and that disappointment here to there is unavoidable.

In this case, granted they fucked up the money side, but that;ll be sorted. People need to stand back, look at themselves, and find something better to do, like email the people who run the site discreetly and directly getting their issues addressed as one would do in 'real life'. Unless of course you are the sort who likes to create a stir...and blow things up and do the good ol traditional mountain out of a molehill thing...

I cant believe that the majority of the moaners actually got tickets too.....Now that is fucking nuts
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    I cant believe that the majority of the moaners actually got tickets too.....Now that is fucking nuts

ain't that some shit?!

I wish i had a show "to bitch about" :D
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    pdalowsky wrote:
    People need to take great stock of the original post.

If you have a complaint raise in through the proper channels. what the fuck is the point in publicising your complaint to the whole world, to find support? is that really necessary? or does it feel better to get it off your chests that way?

If no one posted the problems with the ordering system on the board (and only used what you call proper channels) I wouldn't have known about it. And since 10club doesn't seem to be commenting on this I think it is valuable to know that next time I try to buy tickets from pearljam.com there will probably be major server delays, and my credit card may be charged without me getting tickets.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    nkobik wrote:
    Listen.

the reason ?

poeple.

We complone on here because we are 60 - 80 old frastrated poeple. Simple as that.;)
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    nkobik wrote:
    Listen.

the reason ?

poeple.

I agree with you. Maybe I should move to Israel, because at times like these, I am ashamed to be a whiny, spoiled American that gets everything.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    I agree with you. Maybe I should move to Israel, because at times like these, I am ashamed to be a whiny, spoiled American that gets everything.

:)

first, you're most welcome.
    second, here you'll also find many things to be ashamed of...
    no one's perfect.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    yeah but your complaining about people complaining ,it's a perfect circle ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    yeah but your complaining about people complaining ,it's a perfect circle ...

TUSHE' !!! (is that how it spelled?)
  • glad eddie isnt playing near me because apparently I"d be really pissed this week.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680

ha ha, love the self parody, top man
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    I think a common theme about the complaining is that when tickets go on sale, the site sucks big time. If people got shut out but it was via ticketmaster, it would be a different complaint, but not one where you're frustrated because you have tickets in your cart and then time out, etc. They just don't have the capacity to handle the load.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ha ha, love the self parody, top man

yeah... guess i missed that.

anyway, cynical poeple are the majority here.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    nkobik wrote:
    yeah... guess i missed that.

anyway, cynical poeple are the majority here.
    I was not self-paroding; I was serious.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    I was not self-paroding; I was serious.

EVEN BETTER !!!!!!!!!
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    nkobik wrote:
    TUSHE' !!! (is that how it spelled?)
    no...it's touché ;)