So a man walks into a BAR...........

JoJo Posts: 2,098
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
In the last 20 years, I've enjoyed a PUB. Being for reasons I'm about to post.

I just thought the BBH could do with some TIPS!

I love a great Pub, not too large and PACKED with people. I love a good Beer, A beer Garden out the back with VIEWS!
and live music.

If I really enjoyed myself at that Bar I take my glass and Bar Matt and Ashtray home with me. :D

I have been known to take a few Out-door settings.

I went to a Resturant once that moved me soooo much with it's food, I snuck out the loby chair....
( so TIP!! check on your Insurance )
I havn't taken anything since 1994, from there it was all about whipping everyones arse in Pool, but then it became women flashing thier boobs, you know, The Skimpies...... :D

I like to go to pubs :D , and misbehave myself......but in a run-a-muck kinda way. :twisted: Cheers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Jo wrote:

I love a great Pub, not too large and PACKED with people. I love a good Beer, A beer Garden out the back with VIEWS!
    and live music.

If I really enjoyed myself at that Bar I take my glass and Bar Matt and Ashtray home with me. :D

I went to a Resturant once that moved me soooo much with it's food, I snuck out the loby chair....
    I havn't taken anything since 1994, from there it was all about whipping everyones arse in Pool, but then it became women flashing thier boobs, you know, The Skimpies...... :D

I like to go to pubs :D , and misbehave myself......but in a run-a-muck kinda way. :twisted: Cheers.

So your advice is for me to never allow pre-1994 Jo into my bar??
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    are you drunk today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    "women flashing their boobs" is the only 4 words i could make sense of.

Is it basically a thread for people who like pubs? cos that's like having a thread called "do you like breathing?"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    So Dissidentman, if you see a woman staggering out the door of your fine beachfront establishment carrying one of your potted palm trees, six rolls of toilet paper, the Corona mirror from behind the bar and the twirling Budweiser clydesdale display... you've just met Jo.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Jo wrote:

and live music.

We had a Klepto friend once so we have lots of ashtrays, glasses, shot glasses, salt and pepper shakers etc around the house that shouldn't be :lol: It's an endearing trait, gutsy too.
    For me what makes a BAR is the jukebox, got to have Pearl Jam to make a great bar. Can have crappy food, expensive wine, stuck up people, but if I'm playing PJ its all good :D
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I'm not going to lie...that hurt to read.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    So Dissidentman, if you see a woman staggering out the door of your fine beachfront establishment carrying one of your potted palm trees, six rolls of toilet paper, the Corona mirror from behind the bar and the twirling Budweiser clydesdale display... you've just met Jo.

SPOT ON!! Your Awesome :D Maybe the BBH can hire you as security?
    Jo wrote:

SPOT ON!! Your Awesome :D Maybe the BBH can hire you as security?

Toss in a wet cheeseburger and I think we can convince her to show up on opening day.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pretty funny stuff.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducks.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161

:lol:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    So, are you trying to tell me that there is something wrong with women flashing their boobs?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    tinkerbell wrote:

I don't get it. :(

Tinkerbelle? Help?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,028
    tinkerbell wrote:

Tinkerbelle? Help?
    you must have been on of the two guys!!!

Walk into? literally. get it? the thrid one ducks?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

Tinkerbelle? Help?

Oh, OH. Now I get it... :oops:
    thanks mickeyrat!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    mickeyrat wrote:

Tinkerbelle? Help?

thanks mickeyrat!

:lol::lol::lol: Nearly as funny as the joke!

BTW where has your avatar gone?!?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

thanks mickeyrat!

:lol::lol::lol: Nearly as funny as the joke!

BTW where has your avatar gone?!?

It's one of those nights, Tinkerbelle. Kept trying to change the photo and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Edited to crop it, make it smaller, all this stuff. Then realized I wasn't hitting "Save."

I think it's time for bed...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :eh: :yawn: Sleep is Good
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Sleep?
    We have a Pub to run.

Whats the worst YOU have ever done in a pub?

I take my own booze and top-up my glass from my car,
    I take booze for friends,
    I don't steal bar matts anymore but I always go home with a glass.
    I like to write on the toilet door every now and then,
    and I do like dancing on tables encouraging my friends to get thier gear off.... :lol:
    ( I get a kick out of encouraging friendly but outrageous behaviour in drunk people 8-):D
    pjfan31 wrote:
    So, are you trying to tell me that there is something wrong with women flashing their boobs?
    )

so....certainly not.
    Jo wrote:
    Sleep?
    We have a Pub to run.

and I do like dancing on tables encouraging my friends to get thier gear off.... :lol:
    ( I get a kick out of encouraging friendly but outrageous behaviour in drunk people 8-):D
    )

so....certainly not.

Look everyone, Jo's back!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Jo wrote:
    Sleep?
    We have a Pub to run.

pjfan31 wrote:
    )

so....certainly not.

I have taken ashtrays..(now there's no smoking in bars so no more stealing ash trays) and cool little doo-dads that are on the bar table.
    I've done some other not so nice things too...those stories are for some other time... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    zchick wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Sleep?
    We have a Pub to run.

pjfan31 wrote:
    )

so....certainly not.

I have taken ashtrays..(now there's no smoking in bars so no more stealing ash trays) and cool little doo-dads that are on the bar table.
    I've done some other not so nice things too...those stories are for some other time... ;)

I'm compiling a "no access" list. Jo is on it 6 times already.
    I am such a rule follower.

I have never taken anything from a bar.

I've never danced on a table in a bar.

I've never been asked to leave a bar.

I've never involuntarily expelled bodily fluid in a bar.

I've never gotten into a fight in a bar.

Of course, some of that may change if Boo Boo and Biurinal Jam happen to be at Dissidentman's On The Beach when I'm there...

Of course, some of that may change if Boo Boo and Biurinal Jam happen to be at Dissidentman's On The Beach when I'm there...

I was asked to dance on the bar
    I have been asked to leave a club (well, I was asked to take my friend out of the bathroom and then home)
    I've never been in a bar fight

No worries D-man, I live way too far away to ever set foot in your bar. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    zchick wrote:

I have been asked to leave a club (well, I was asked to take my friend out of the bathroom and then home)

Don't be silly. You're coming out to the next PJ East Coast tour. A stop at Dissidentman On The Beach is mandatory.
    zchick wrote:

Don't be silly. You're coming out to the next PJ East Coast tour. A stop at Dissidentman On The Beach is mandatory.

This is the truth
    Aye, Aye Cap'tain...(you'll be sorry! ;) )

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

We can knock out the check list in one night!!! :mrgreen: , you forgot Flashing your Boobs!