Thoughts on living in Salt Lake City

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    eyedclaar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    If you get into the suburban areas, I kid you not, it is very likely you'll see a LDS church every other block.

Not to mention the temple that can be seen from space. Of course, that fact alone keeps passing alien cruisers from invading our planet, so...

Let 'em land. Could it really be more bizarre than what currently goes on here?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    dcfaithful wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Oh God. Apparently my disorder of referencing Seinfeld moments in real life situations isn't just exclusive to me? :lol::lol:

No, its not.

I have found that there are many of "us" who spare squares & who find thats theres no soup for us.

Oh good. I just need to find someone who can share their suffering of uromysitisis with me. :lol:

It's a serious and life changing battle.

Sorry, there's no public relief,
    without the exchanging of squares from underneath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG6b7KJ1Ah0

I'm a Seinfeld sufferer as well though... I dance like Elaine and I like it.

This sounds like it would be a good separate thread....I'll go
    Bump...for the sake of continuing this discussion of the oddity that is Salt Lake City. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Bump...for the sake of continuing this discussion of the oddity that is Salt Lake City. :D

do you have strip clubs?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

do you have strip clubs?

Of course. However, stay the hell away from American Bush. The name should already make you weary.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Well now that I live in SLC, I am pretty pissed that there isn't a screening of PJ20. Fellow Utah residents - what are your plans?
    I just keep moving on....
  • Well, dc was working his angles on getting the Tower or Broadway to show it but no luck.

So I think all of us 'locals' are headed over to your place...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • So I think all of us 'locals' are headed over to your place...

It was a thought, but we would have to wait till 10/22...
  • lksammkt wrote:

And why is that?

Is that when the microbrew will be done?
  • I am having a party at my house to watch PJ20. It will be on Dish Network, not sure if it is being broadcast in HD as of yet. Planning on watching it at 7:30. Let me know if you are interested in coming.
    lksammkt wrote:

And why is that?

Is that when the microbrew will be done?

I think that's when PBS plans to air it.

If I remember right, and you'll want to confirm with him, but Rob is hosting a viewing party at his pad and I will be present. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • bump, and so will I!
  • slcporch wrote:
    I am having a party at my house to watch PJ20. It will be on Dish Network, not sure if it is being broadcast in HD as of yet. Planning on watching it at 7:30. Let me know if you are interested in coming.

That is this Saturday, the 24th.
  • Cheap new homes in Sandy and you are at the bottom of SnowBird and ALTA. All Mts are within about an hour drive. The people suck but the snow makes up for it. I think you might have to be a mormon to buy property in SLC. The booze is weak and good luck with the herb. Move to Colorado instead, and don't even think about WA, too many out of staters already
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
    Cheap new homes in Sandy and you are at the bottom of SnowBird and ALTA. All Mts are within about an hour drive. The people suck but the snow makes up for it. I think you might have to be a mormon to buy property in SLC. The booze is weak and good luck with the herb. Move to Colorado instead, and don't even think about WA, too many out of staters already

If you would have to be a Mormon to buy property anywhere, it'd be Sandy more than SLC.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Cheap new homes in Sandy and you are at the bottom of SnowBird and ALTA. All Mts are within about an hour drive. The people suck but the snow makes up for it. I think you might have to be a mormon to buy property in SLC. The booze is weak and good luck with the herb. Move to Colorado instead, and don't even think about WA, too many out of staters already

If you would have to be a Mormon to buy property anywhere, it'd be Sandy more than SLC.

NO desires to buy a home here. But looking forward to meeting other Jammer's this weekend, and sipping on 3.2 beer.
  • I am headed back into the High Uintas early Saturday morning, or I would bring my wife and some bootleg Wyoming beer. Looks like it will be a quiet viewing party at my house with some Spotted Cow from Wisconsin, Blue Moon from Colorado, and Polygamy Porter from Utah!

Should be a wonderful trek.

Oh, BTW, the Uintas are clearly another benefit of Utah, although I like to claim them as Wyomings'. Come check em out.
    Oh, BTW, the Uintas are clearly another benefit of Utah, although I like to claim them as Wyomings'. Come check em out.

Hell yeah! Be safe out there, buddy!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL