Expressing condolences question

2»

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I got involved as a volunteer many years ago because a good friend of mine was raped. She was living several states away and it just tore me up that I couldn't be there for her. She never told her family, I think because her mom was unhappy because she'd moved so far away.

I was really at a loss about how to be helpful but she told me later that she was so touched at how I filled her mailbox with notes and little gifts. We also had a lot of long late night phone calls. I did a lot of "I don't know what to say but I'm so upset and hurt for you." She told me that that was all she really needed to hear.
    You're good peeps :)
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I got involved as a volunteer many years ago because a good friend of mine was raped. She was living several states away and it just tore me up that I couldn't be there for her. She never told her family, I think because her mom was unhappy because she'd moved so far away.

I was really at a loss about how to be helpful but she told me later that she was so touched at how I filled her mailbox with notes and little gifts. We also had a lot of long late night phone calls. I did a lot of "I don't know what to say but I'm so upset and hurt for you." She told me that that was all she really needed to hear.
    You're good peeps :)
    :oops:
    Thanks, but so are you, girl! :angel:
    Reaching out on this forum to ask others how you can help, that shows a lot of caring on your part. When this happened to my friend there was no internet or email. I had no idea who to ask how I could be helpful. Sometimes I think it's a little nuts the way we can all connect nowadays but there are so many good things that come from it too.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    :oops:
    Thanks, but so are you, girl! :angel:
    Reaching out on this forum to ask others how you can help, that shows a lot of caring on your part. When this happened to my friend there was no internet or email. I had no idea who to ask how I could be helpful. Sometimes I think it's a little nuts the way we can all connect nowadays but there are so many good things that come from it too.
    Aw thanks :)

Yeah this is nice to be able to bounce off ideas off of folks, I know there are some kindhearted people here so I figured I'd get some good ideas!