Your First Post

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
After MSG II in 2008, e-gads.. :shock:
Well I must say, I have waited a loooong time to finally see the band (I am 41) and it was a dream come true. Circumstances including a long illness kept me from getting out there to see them and it was worth the wait. Release to open the concert was my wish and it came true. However, the high point for me was Black Diamond! It has been 30 years since I went to my first concert at MSG and of course it was KISS. Nothing like symmetry of hearing one of the first live songs of my life done by the band (with Ace rocking so hard!! on his fender) I have waited so long to see.

Want to thank the 27 year olds on line for beer who were hitting on my wife (she loved it!) and the band for playing the only song she knows (Last Kiss). I appreciate her keeping me company and see me truly happy (This was payback for the Barry Manilow concert I had to go to).
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,029
    Barry Manilow!!!!!!! IT MUST BE LOVE!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    their is a female version of him across the aisle
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My first post is gone... :(
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    8 goals !!! sweeet

figures it was about the rangers
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    :cry:
    Did it have the word boobs in it? :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Best of 2005

1. Best Album - Common: Be
    2. Best Song - Bloc Party: Banquet
    3. Best Concert - Pearl Jam @ The Gorge ; nuff' said
    4. Best New Artist - Bloc Party
    5. Best Video - Oh Yeah by Ron Artest . . . j/k Burn the Witch by QOTSA
    NERDS!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    :cry:
    Did it have the word boobs in it? :twisted:

haha I actually remember what it was....I made a thread titled something like "New Aussie chick on board -- HI!" or some crap and introduced myself. So typical...first post ever and I make a thread...about myself! :lol: Just being friendly. :D
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    After MSG II in 2008, e-gads.. :shock:
    Well I must say, I have waited a loooong time to finally see the band (I am 41) and it was a dream come true. Circumstances including a long illness kept me from getting out there to see them and it was worth the wait. Release to open the concert was my wish and it came true. However, the high point for me was Black Diamond! It has been 30 years since I went to my first concert at MSG and of course it was KISS. Nothing like symmetry of hearing one of the first live songs of my life done by the band (with Ace rocking so hard!! on his fender) I have waited so long to see.

Want to thank the 27 year olds on line for beer who were hitting on my wife (she loved it!) and the band for playing the only song she knows (Last Kiss). I appreciate her keeping me company and see me truly happy (This was payback for the Barry Manilow concert I had to go to).

...and you haven't shut up since!!! ;):D
    I love to turn you on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mine's was
    'Scotland invented first posts'
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dunkman wrote:
    mine's was
    'Scotland invented first posts'
    I thought it would either have been about the Mick Hucknall Fan Club or a punch in the FuddTM
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    "I was lucky enough to have seen them 4 times, there was nobody like them live. My favorite songs were 'Time' and 'Tones of Home', and they used to end the shows with 'Time' - which if you know the song is the ultimate closer. Just kind of fades away on you into the night...God I miss them. What a fun band."
    -april '06...talking about blind melon...
    I love to turn you on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    that's how chicago was as well as the chicago EV solo tours from last summer

not very exciting....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    apparently the furthest back i can go shows this one from the Wishlist game thread.
    I wish I was able to complete a sente........

I wish I was able to "Fuck it" "Bastard" "spit spit" deal with Tourettes
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    apparently the furthest back i can go shows this one from the Wishlist game thread.
    I wish I was able to complete a sente........

I wish I was able to "Fuck it" "Bastard" "spit spit" deal with Tourettes

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The oldest one still here is:
    I'll post a second vote for AVG. It's a good program.

(not very exciting).

My first post was in a thread about a company only giving a few weeks maternity leave and the couple couldn't really afford to not work the extra time they thought they would need.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    In the poetry section: OMG! It's my anniversary! Yay, me, yay, me, yay, me! What a fortuitous occasion. Happy 6 years to me, happy 6 years to me, happy 6 years to meeeeeeeeeeee, happy 6 years to me :)

Axis of Evil
    by Ms. Haiku » 13 Aug 2004 14:23

Axis: a reference on which others are measured.

someone,
    part of a
    dot.com bust,
    steals the
    want ads
    from the
    public library,
    which
    closes early
    due to
    lack of
    funding.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Didn't join til last year so not very old and a bit overly long. :oops:

'Well, just joined the club. I'm a very bad fan really, I've listened to PJ music over the years, apart from quite a number of years when there wasn't much opportunity to listen to music really unless it accompanied Thomas the Tank engine, Noddy or The Tweenies, we've also had the Crazy Frog and the High School Musical period. Mind you, for a couple of years early on I did think that PJ had done a song called 'Even Though' (well that's how I was singing it) and until a month or so ago I thought it was a dog on the front of Vs then my husband told me it was a sheep (is it a sheep? not sure yet, could be a poodle?) - I really must pay more attention to the covers. I also hadn't actually seen what the band looked like until maybe 5 years ago (ok so I must have been living in a cave or something).

Anyway, as a PJ music lover in my own uninformed way, I was very excited when I saw the tickets on sale for Manchester - I'd never managed to go previously although my husband had seen them years ago at Finsbury Park supporting Neil Young, family committments etc. So we booked what tickets we could get (ones with lots of exclamation marks beside rear view) - they were also a birthday pressie to me - and waited in anticipation for the day. As it got closer I started to feel a little nervous about it, thinking that perhaps it would be absolute pap, I'd heard they were great live, but hey none of us are getting any younger (me either at 42), maybe I should have just continued listening to the albums.

Then the night came, after work, getting our son sorted and a long drive (I guess not too bad really - shouldn't really complain) and bloody hell it was totally amazing!!! The performance was fantastic, the setlist was just right, a good mix of everything, they played songs I could only have dreamed of seeing live (Sleight of Hand, In Hiding - prob too many to mention). The atmosphere was great. Our seats, which we thought would be crap were actually quite brilliant they were to the left of the stage and really close, so we had a great view of everything.

I guess I would just like to thank the band and everyone there for making it a night that far exceeded my expectations. I've joined the club so I can find out about more tour dates as I definetely would go again, get the bootlegs and perhaps just be a little more enlightened (still unsure about the dog thing). I have one apology to pass on to Eddie, we were standing right over the bands exit at the end of the last encore, which was amazing. But as Eddie left he looked up at me and my husband as we were clapping etc (I do believe we made eye contact - that may have been wishful thinking), but unfortunately I was rather hot and sweaty and I believe I may have dripped sweat onto his head (he probably wouldn't have noticed, but I felt a bit bad about it). So apologies. But once again thank you to all for a truly memorable night and sorry for rambling on.'

Bit of a saga, sorry.
    Claireack wrote:

'Well, just joined the club. I'm a very bad fan really, I've listened to PJ music over the years, apart from quite a number of years when there wasn't much opportunity to listen to music really unless it accompanied Thomas the Tank engine, Noddy or The Tweenies, we've also had the Crazy Frog and the High School Musical period. Mind you, for a couple of years early on I did think that PJ had done a song called 'Even Though' (well that's how I was singing it) and until a month or so ago I thought it was a dog on the front of Vs then my husband told me it was a sheep (is it a sheep? not sure yet, could be a poodle?) - I really must pay more attention to the covers. I also hadn't actually seen what the band looked like until maybe 5 years ago (ok so I must have been living in a cave or something).

hahahahaha You're so cute, Claire! Even though! :lol:
    :oops: I've started looking at cd covers now - don't want to make the same mistake again.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Ziggy is going to be just like me _ she won't ever hear that song again without hearing "Even Though."

Claire, that is the perfect first post for you.

Here is my very first post, just five months ago. As you know, I am a bit bashful.

The thread was Who Has The Highest # For Getting Boston Tix 2Day:

by unlost dogs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm 285XXX. What exactly does that mean in terms of seats? This is my first time buying through 10C.

Awww... just checked Membership Info and I'm actually 423XXX. Sigh. I'll wave to you from the rafters...
    Last edited by unlost dogs on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mine has vanished
    but i remember what it was
    my first post here was some bullshit love poem i wrote.

i am an idiot.

:mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Unlost dogs - think you were hiding your light behind a bushell back then! Glad you have come out of the closet (so to speak) :D
    Claireack wrote:
    Unlost dogs - think you were hiding your light behind a bushell back then! Glad you have come out of the closet (so to speak) :D

3,700 posts in five months. I wonder what my job performance annual evaluation will be like in October... :shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pretty sure this is it...from "Your favorite U2 song"

The Unforgettable Fire (song)
    The Joshua Tree (can't pick just one)

and my posts became a lot more boring after that :P
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Claireack wrote:

3,700 posts in five months. I wonder what my job performance annual evaluation will be like in October... :shock:

If your job is in comedy/entertainment, then you should get a raise! You would get an A+

Health Care profession ? ......I'm not sure :think:
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    My first post, I started a new topic, realated to the reason I'm here anyway,
    so that I can gush about Pearl Jam to people who might actually be interested in hearing & gushing back.

"GUSHINGS"

........But now its all this.
    AND I'm noticing I'm getting REAL CLOSE to entering 4 DIGIT STATUS.

Does the club send ya anything for that achievement?
    Like, here's your raise cuz we know you ain't getting one elsewhere. :shock: ;)

Jump to post
    GUSHINGS
    I have often contemplated all the possibe songs that the world has been "gypped" of due to John Lennon's untimely death.
    Now that I have "discovered" Pearl Jam (and I'm still wading in, probably at just above knee-level) I don't feel gypped anymore
    !by DangDang
    29 Jul 2008 03:21
    Forum: Words and Music...Communication
    Topic: GUSHINGS
    Replies: 2 Views: 13
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    My first post is buried in whatever digital graveyard the Synergy board is in. I just know it was during the Riot Act tour. I think was defending Eddie's impaling of the Bush mask.
    DangDang wrote:
    AND I'm noticing I'm getting REAL CLOSE to entering 4 DIGIT STATUS.
    Does the club send ya anything for that achievement?

I didn't get anything sent to me, no. But Stone called me and said, "Congrats on the 1,000th post, Unlost Dogs. Love your work on the Ask The Next Poster A Question thread. I'm a big fan."

I thought that was nice.
    kenny olav wrote:
    My first post is buried in whatever digital graveyard the Synergy board is in. I just know it was during the Riot Act tour. I think was defending Eddie's impaling of the Bush mask.

but your best post was about puke
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    My first post was in 2005:

"Hi, I'm Joe....I am probably just gonna post here a few times then disappear. I am not sarcastic or cynical, so I will never question anything anybody says here!"