Jet Blue Flight Attendant / Service

polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
ok ... i apologize if it's been posted but my searches found nothing ...

anyhoo - if you haven't heard, a flight attendant sort of snapped landing at JFK yesterday because a passenger wouldn't stay seated until the plane stopped ... story here:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1008 ... t_arrest_1

anyhoo, it was posted on the star (toronto newspaper) and 98% of the comments are supporting this flight attendant which i found peculiar even tho i totally support this guy ... he goes to tell the guy to sit down and instead he gets cussed out and a bag lands on his head ...

i spend a lot of time in NY and this doesn't surprise me as some people think they can do whatever the heck they want ... before any locals get riled up ... i'm not saying all New Yorkers are assholes but you got some and this guy should have sat his ass down ... i think a lot of people in the service industry are sympathizing with this guy as there are a lot of asshole customers everywhere ...

oh ... gotta love the fact dude grabbed a beer before leaving too ... hahahaha
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    I'm pretty sure it was a woman who was grabbing her bag early. She should spend a night in jail for disrupting the flight.

This guy's gonna be a celebrity - the Sully of flight attendants.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I'm pretty sure it was a woman who was grabbing her bag early. She should spend a night in jail for disrupting the flight.

This guy's gonna be a celebrity - the Sully of flight attendants.

article i read said it was a guy ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    either way, i'm glad this clown is no longer a flight attendant.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the neighborhood he was renting in ( Belle Harbor ) is in my area here in the Rockaways.

They said he was speeding up/down the block and drinking those 2 beers whilst he was speeding down the roadside after quitting .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    minus the using the emergency slide and running from the plane, i'm fully in favor of what he did...from what i heard the woman told him to fuck off when he told her to sit down...at that point, you lose your right to be treated nicely...it's time people begin to realize the world does not revolve around them
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i like what he did.

but there are too many assholes in this world that everytime someone gets lip at work, they can't flip out like that on a customer. i work in hotels and come across an amazing amount of assholes everyday. hotels would be 100% unemployed if it was OK to talk back to a customer like that.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    He had probably been thinking about doing that for years!!! :D Good for him!!!
    rival. wrote:
    i like what he did.

but there are too many assholes in this world that everytime someone gets lip at work, they can't flip out like that on a customer. i work in hotels and come across an amazing amount of assholes everyday. hotels would be 100% unemployed if it was OK to talk back to a customer like that.

just as long as i get free wifi, we are cool. stayed at marriott and they wanted to charge 10 per day for wifi access. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    i like what he did.

just as long as i get free wifi, we are cool. stayed at marriott and they wanted to charge 10 per day for wifi access. :lol:

i work for marriott :oops:
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    i like what he did.

i don't mind paying $10 for wi-fi for a day ... what bugs me is when you get charged for local calls ... wtf??
    polaris_x wrote:
    i don't mind paying $10 for wi-fi for a day ... what bugs me is when you get charged for local calls ... wtf??

honestly... those are AT&T rates and rules, not the hotels. the phone calls arent the big issue, when almost everyone already owns a cell. why call from a hotel phone, when you have free minutes on your cell?

the $13 for internet is a big problem. you have a guest on the road for business that NEEDS internet for the entire week, you are talking like $80 for internet use. NUTS!
    rival. wrote:
    honestly... those are AT&T rates and rules, not the hotels. the phone calls arent the big issue, when almost everyone already owns a cell. why call from a hotel phone, when you have free minutes on your cell?

the $13 for internet is a big problem. you have a guest on the road for business that NEEDS internet for the entire week, you are talking like $80 for internet use. NUTS!

well ... if i'm visiting from canada ... my phone doesn't go local when i arrive ... it's huge rates to call local for me ... especially when it's like $1.10 for a 1 minute call ...

but if it's the carrier then at least i know who to rail against ... hahaha ...
    polaris_x wrote:

i don't mind paying $10 for wi-fi for a day ...

i've stayed at hotels (a dozen different brands) all over the place, and only marriott has tried to charge for wifi. :roll: key word is tried. after calling the front desk and 5 minutes of conversation, they gave me the super secret log on

user name guest
    pw guest

:lol:

i agree the long distance rates are a bit much...but like others have said, cell phones for the win. haven't been out of country in while, so i haven't needed to use a phone, but to be honest, it would be highly unlikely that i would be making calls while on vacation
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    rival. wrote:

well ... if i'm visiting from canada ... my phone doesn't go local when i arrive ... it's huge rates to call local for me ... especially when it's like $1.10 for a 1 minute call ...

but if it's the carrier then at least i know who to rail against ... hahaha ...

if you are coming to the states a ton, you could always pick up a cheap pre paid phone, although, not sure how it would work if you needed to call back to canada
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    i like what he did.

so is it all marriotts or just select ones?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • No wonder this guy is getting folk hero status... anyone of us who deals with the public everyday can relate to his outburst (and quitting while grabbing a couple of beers).

But... he's an idiot for jumping down the emergency slide and running across the airport...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    No wonder this guy is getting folk hero status... anyone of us who deals with the public everyday can relate to his outburst (and quitting while grabbing a couple of beers).

But... he's an idiot for jumping down the emergency slide and running across the airport...

part of the problem with customers is customer service is at an all time low. but on the flip side, people lost all respect for anybody else. its not like getting your bag is going to get you off the plane that much faster. you know it sucks when flying, deal with it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    No wonder this guy is getting folk hero status... anyone of us who deals with the public everyday can relate to his outburst (and quitting while grabbing a couple of beers).

part of the problem with customers is customer service is at an all time low. but on the flip side, people lost all respect for anybody else. its not like getting your bag is going to get you off the plane that much faster. you know it sucks when flying, deal with it.

While customer service can be bad, people's expectations and refusal to admit any fault is what pisses me off.

I manage an arena box office, and 90% of the time if a person comes to me and says "hey, i screwed up and bought tickets to the wrong event" or "I bought the tickets for my wife and I, and didn't know that we had a wedding to go to that day" or whatever and are looking for a refund or to exchange them, I will help them out... but it's the people who come in swearing and yelling about how we screwed up, demanding all sorts of shit.... those kinds of people I usually just dig in, smile and say that there is nothing I can do to help them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    i agree, it goes both ways
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Using the emergency slide was really stupid. But to the asshole passenger, male/female, I hope they can do something with them too. I hate asshole behavior. I would last as a barista at Starbucks for one day - it amazes me how rude people are. It's just a cup of coffee, Jesus.
    81 wrote:
    if you are coming to the states a ton, you could always pick up a cheap pre paid phone, although, not sure how it would work if you needed to call back to canada

thx ... yeah ... my gf lives in new york and i turn my phone off ... i don't really need a phone while down there as i just use hers ... and vice-versa when she's up here although it would be cool if i could use my phone and not have to pay thru the nose for roaming and what not ...

anyhoo - back to the subject ...

how is it someone who technically doesn't have access to the tarmac is able to pull an emergency slide ... slide down ... walk through the grounds and in through the airport and leave without being stopped ... is that not a breach of security?
    81 wrote:

all marriott's. in 2010, they started offering comp internet to all gold & platinum members only. unfortunately i don't think the company has plans to start making it comp for all guests.
  • polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

thx ... yeah ... my gf lives in new york and i turn my phone off ... i don't really need a phone while down there as i just use hers ... and vice-versa when she's up here although it would be cool if i could use my phone and not have to pay thru the nose for roaming and what not ...

anyhoo - back to the subject ...

how is it someone who technically doesn't have access to the tarmac is able to pull an emergency slide ... slide down ... walk through the grounds and in through the airport and leave without being stopped ... is that not a breach of security?

unless things changed in the last handful of years, but i worked for us airways before, and flight attendants had ramp clearance... so once he was on the ground away from the plane, if he had his uniform on and his badge, no one probably would look twice at him (unless he was chugging the beers while walking around :))
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    unless things changed in the last handful of years, but i worked for us airways before, and flight attendants had ramp clearance... so once he was on the ground away from the plane, if he had his uniform on and his badge, no one probably would look twice at him (unless he was chugging the beers while walking around :))

oh ... i thought with gangways and such - there would be no need for flight attendants to be down at the tarmac ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    people's expectations and refusal to admit any fault is what pisses me off.

me too...i just don't get why people no longer have any personal responsibility...it's always someone or something else's fault :roll:
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    yeah, really..
    I've done a lot of crazy things in airplanes but as much as I have wanted to I've never jacked open the emergency exit door and bailed down the inflatable slide.

Maybe he thought he could hide behind some little clause in his flight attendant unionship for being such a longtime member or something..funny as shit.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

all marriott's. in 2010, they started offering comp internet to all gold & platinum members only. unfortunately i don't think the company has plans to start making it comp for all guests.

wow. imo, wifi should be standard offering in a hotel, just like a towel for the shower.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol::lol: