Why LeBron James is the best ever.

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    i hope they barely crack teh 30 win mark. :mrgreen: i sure hope they don't crack the 70 win mark. i couldn't stomach hearing about that team for years to come.

I'm with you on that. They'll become the new Lakers, if they haven't already.

Your problems with me being a fraud cannot compete with this... :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Yes the "Decision" was ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous is that we all watched. If we aren't interested in it or paid no attention to it, then it wouldn't have happened. I think this is a moment where the spectacle didn't go the way the viewers wanted it to so now they are furious. As far as winning, no this doesn't guarantee it, but at this point their opponents are hoping for a "punchers" chance rather than actually thinking they can withstand the best the Heat have to offer.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    Yes the "Decision" was ridiculous, but what is more ridiculous is that we all watched. If we aren't interested in it or paid no attention to it, then it wouldn't have happened. I think this is a moment where the spectacle didn't go the way the viewers wanted it to so now they are furious. As far as winning, no this doesn't guarantee it, but at this point their opponents are hoping for a "punchers" chance rather than actually thinking they can withstand the best the Heat have to offer.

alot of teams will roll ever, but the Celtics, Magic, Bulls, Nuggets, Magic, Lakers, Trailblazers, Mavs, Hawks and maybe one or two other teams believe they can win.

everything out of Chicago has them being a very confident group that is looking forward to contending.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i hope they barely crack teh 30 win mark. :mrgreen: i sure hope they don't crack the 70 win mark. i couldn't stomach hearing about that team for years to come.

i don't have a problem, i just never know which team you are a fan of on any given day. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

alot of teams will roll ever, but the Celtics, Magic, Bulls, Nuggets, Magic, Lakers, Trailblazers, Mavs, Hawks and maybe one or two other teams believe they can win.

everything out of Chicago has them being a very confident group that is looking forward to contending.
    I like what the Bulls did to get better for sure, and in a one-game setting I can see those teams beating the Heat, but over 7 games? I mean D-Wade couldn't be stopped by the Celtics when it was 1 on 5 last year, now you are adding someone who's better than him? I think this is fun just because many are going to watch hoping that they lose. Maybe the negative karma will help other teams?
  • My thing is, I can't think of any player I would want LESS on my team in the clutch.

Dwayne Wade and Kobe are better players...and I hate Kobe! ;)
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I think Utah and OKC will be pretty large contenders this year too. The way I look at it, these are the teams that in contention:

West: Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Thunder, Jazz, Nuggets, Mavs, Spurs (basically all the playoff teams last year)

East: Bulls, Celtics, Hawks, Heat, Magic...having a hard time drawing up some others, but I think Milwaukee might surprise some people. I would also say the Knicks...but with Isaiah now in the mix...I'm not as confident.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't have a problem, i just never know which team you are a fan of on any given day. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you...I'm a Clippers fan today. ;):lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:

Definitely true. I think Chicago is goign to be a much more effective team this year. Acquiring Boozer and Korver was a nice move. Also, your newly hired coach should do some good too.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bulls make a run for it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    This is the other cool thing about LeHeat...when was the last time you were seriously talking NBA in mid-August?
    in other news....

Just looked over the Bulls schedule....

talk about a brutal Jan. 12 games in 19 nights. ouch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    My thing is, I can't think of any player I would want LESS on my team in the clutch.

Dwayne Wade and Kobe are better players...and I hate Kobe! ;)
    Really no one less in the clutch than LeBron? Obviously this is the product of that idiot Skip Bayless's ranting. You do remember his 48 special and what he did to the Celts in Game 3 of the NBA playoffs this year right? He also hit a game winning 3 against the Magic in '09. Should he drive more in the last second of games? Sure. Has he hit daggers like Kobe and Wade? I wouldn't argue that either. The difference between the 3 is that you KNOW Kobe and D-Wade are going to shoot the ball at the end (don't forget Artest saved Kobe's ass against PHX), whereas LeBron is comfortable drawing 4 guys to him and kicking to a wide open...Booby Gibson? Mo Williams? Clang...Clang...now it's to Mike Miller, and D-Wade, with Bosh crashing the boards. I see his "clutchness" going up. On top of that maybe he'll get a free look if D-Wade is handling the ball. Kobe and Wade can be better players, but Kobe was terrible through most of the playoffs and his team helped him during those times. Wade got his "clutchness" attributed to him partially because he benefitted from David Stern doing everything in his power to make sure Mark Cuban didn't win in '06. On top of this I have only mentioned offense in terms of clutch performances. I'm sorry but Wade (admittedly he does have the most blocks in a career for any player shorter than 6' 3") and Kobe (once was very good) are nowhere near as good as LeBron on defense and/or rebounding. He makes up for so much on help D, isn't fun on the ball either, and has a real shot to average a triple-double for the 2010-11 season. Of course this is conveniently left out of most arguments about those three players ability, and is the only way that someone could make the case that Kobe and D-Wade are better.