Why LeBron James is the best ever.

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    He power ranger bit was better
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    this is kind of what it's like watching him play normally
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i wish one of those kids would have punched him in the nutsack :lol::lol:
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    the nba's a joke. watch this and look no further. you'd have never seen this from bird, magic, and jordan... what a bunch of showboating morons. i can't believe riley allowed this to happen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXIrNKIR ... re=related
    gross. i hope bosh and james blow their knees out... all 4 of them.... in the same game!! :mrgreen:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    How about Jeff Van Gundy declaring the Heat are going to be the best team ever, beat the Bulls record of 72 wins, and break the Lakers streak of 33 games won in a row. This guy is coaching, right?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Newch91 wrote:
    How about Jeff Van Gundy declaring the Heat are going to be the best team ever, beat the Bulls record of 72 wins, and break the Lakers streak of 33 games won in a row. This guy is coaching, right?
    No he isn't coaching anymore. He is an analyst for ESPN, I believe. I think you are getting him confused with Stan Van Gundy, who coaches the Magic.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    No he isn't coaching anymore. He is an analyst for ESPN, I believe. I think you are getting him confused with Stan Van Gundy, who coaches the Magic.
    Yeah. I should've wrote sarcasm in parantheses after that.

I should've also added that he said they won't lose two games in a row.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    nba hasnt been the same since jordan left the bulls....after that its gone south.....players seem to want to take the easy way to a championship....the rivalries in the 80's and 90's (never really watched anything from before then so i cant comment) were what made it good....and you had great players that could put teams on their back with a semi decent supporting cast.....

the chicago teams
    kemp, payton and the sonics
    barkley and the suns
    olajuwon with the rockets
    the whole new york team was just scary
    the pacers with reggie miller
    malone and stockton
    bernard king was a beast before he blew out his knee
    the bad boy pistons.
    showtime lakers
    celts
    drexler and the trail blazers

and heaps more of course....but fk its beyond a joke now
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Newch91 wrote:

I never really liked JVG, in fact him as an analyst has always bugged me, and that declaration was a real foot in the mouth kind of call.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    joely_91 wrote:
    nba hasnt been the same since jordan left the bulls....after that its gone south.....players seem to want to take the easy way to a championship....the rivalries in the 80's and 90's (never really watched anything from before then so i cant comment) were what made it good....and you had great players that could put teams on their back with a semi decent supporting cast.....

the chicago teams
    barkley and the suns
    malone and stockton
    the bad boy pistons.
    showtime lakers
    celts

I missed the golden age of the NBA. I barely remember watching Jordan when I was like 5 or 6.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I never really liked JVG, in fact him as an analyst has always bugged me, and that declaration was a real foot in the mouth kind of call.

He's a joke. He just added pressure on the Heat. He should just go to Europe and cover those games.
    Newch91 wrote:
    joely_91 wrote:

the chicago teams
    barkley and the suns
    malone and stockton
    the bad boy pistons.
    showtime lakers
    celts

I missed the golden age of the NBA. I barely remember watching Jordan when I was like 5 or 6.

Reggie Miller was my all time favorite player as a kid growing up. The guy was cocky, and he backed it up. Who else but Reggie to put a stake through the entire Big Apple's heart.

and Stockton and Malone??....man, what awesome basketball that was.

Yup, everything listed above is definitely what I miss of the NBA...some of it I wasn't around to see though. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

He's a joke. He just added pressure on the Heat. He should just go to Europe and cover those games.

He might make more money hacking Rogaine.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    joely_91 wrote:

barkley and the suns

Some memorable, and impressive basketball came out of both of those squads.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    the nba's a joke. watch this and look no further. you'd have never seen this from bird, magic, and jordan... what a bunch of showboating morons. i can't believe riley allowed this to happen.
    gross. i hope bosh and james blow their knees out... all 4 of them.... in the same game!! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBelT-Xi1CY

Couldn't even get half way through it.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

I have to agree. The whole mess that this summer of free agency has been in relation to the Miami Heat is just ridiculous. I used to dig on Pat Riley and really enjoyed the way he contributed to basketball. This is a major set back. Some people will do anything for a championship.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. His point was that Lebron won 66 games with Mo Williams and that cast so why is it out of the realm of possibility that this team can win 6 more games with Miller, Bosh and Wade. I don't see what the big deal is.
    joely_91 wrote:

the chicago teams
    barkley and the suns
    malone and stockton
    the bad boy pistons.
    showtime lakers
    celts

drexler left to team up with houston and barkley was a sixer before he chased greener pastures in phoenix before wrapping up with houston. payton left seattle. even Malone left Utah for a last ditch effort with the lakers.

ok, so most of these players were past their prime when they made their move.

but i agree, you just don't have the hatred in today's nba that you did a few years back
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Who else but Reggie to put a stake through the entire Big Apple's heart.

Charles Smith just got blocked again.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. His point was that Lebron won 66 games with Mo Williams and that cast so why is it out of the realm of possibility that this team can win 6 more games with Miller, Bosh and Wade. I don't see what the big deal is.

that's a good point. i hope it doesn't happen. i like seeing that 72-10 banner hanging in the UC. i just wish they would turn off the silly spot lights during the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The NBA has become "sports entertainment".
    edited August 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

It's not necessarily just that...but JVG also pretty much guaranteed their going to break the 33 winning streak record of the Lakers (I can't remember from what season, but I think it was in the late 70's?). I just think that those are huge calls to make, given that he's goign off pure speculation as none of us have seen this squad play together.

It's possible it could happen...but it is no way guaranteed.
    81 wrote:
    even Malone left Utah for a last ditch effort with the lakers.

A Laker squad that was full of all-stars and big name players (Shaq, Kobe, Rick Fox, Malone, Payton, Fisher) that was expected to win, and lost to Detroit 4 games to 1. I think it's a little to early to be callin shots about the Heat like JVG did.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Jason P wrote:

Vince McMahon should coach the Heat.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

You could probably phase him in over a short period and no one would notice.

402ab472751b10f5_riley_740533720.jpg
    0925_mcmahon-1.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Jason P wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

You could probably phase him in over a short period and no one would notice.

402ab472751b10f5_riley_740533720.jpg
    0925_mcmahon-1.jpg

Does the Big Show still wrestle?? He could be one hell of a center against Shaq and the Celtics.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I guess I don't get why this Big 3 move bugs people. Magic, Larry, and Michael didn't have to leave for greener pastures because they had guys like Kareem, James Worthy, Kevin McHale, Parrish, Ainge, Pippen, and so on playing with them. Name one guy on the Cavs over the last 7 years that belongs in the same breath as those guys (Shaq doesn't count)....you can't. So LeBron takes his talents to South Beach because he's doing something that our country is supposed to value - taking less money to play for a better team. What's so bad about that? Further I don't see how this would hurt his "legacy" in any real way. I mean do we question Magic, Larry, or Michael's legacy for winning while having teammates that are aslo on the All-NBA top-50 team?

I think the real issue people are having here is that NBA "labor" has taken control of a situation that they aren't really "supposed" to have control of. Isn't the goal to win as many games and titles as you can? Who said there is a "correct" way to do it? What is the "correct" way? How do you know what the "correct" way is? Who is defining correct? Why does one person's version of correct hold sway over the LeBron, Dwayne, and Chris's? Maybe the reason people are mad is because there is no logical reason to be mad about this (outside of Cleveland and Toronto)...I don't know about anyone else but I hope this team wins 70-75 games a year for the next decade and takes home a fistful of rings just so those that are mad but don't know why have a reason to be pissed.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I guess I don't get why this Big 3 move bugs people. Magic, Larry, and Michael didn't have to leave for greener pastures because they had guys like Kareem, James Worthy, Kevin McHale, Parrish, Ainge, Pippen, and so on playing with them. Name one guy on the Cavs over the last 7 years that belongs in the same breath as those guys (Shaq doesn't count)....you can't. So LeBron takes his talents to South Beach because he's doing something that our country is supposed to value - taking less money to play for a better team. What's so bad about that? Further I don't see how this would hurt his "legacy" in any real way. I mean do we question Magic, Larry, or Michael's legacy for winning while having teammates that are aslo on the All-NBA top-50 team?

I think the real issue people are having here is that NBA "labor" has taken control of a situation that they aren't really "supposed" to have control of. Isn't the goal to win as many games and titles as you can? Who said there is a "correct" way to do it? What is the "correct" way? How do you know what the "correct" way is? Who is defining correct? Why does one person's version of correct hold sway over the LeBron, Dwayne, and Chris's? Maybe the reason people are mad is because there is no logical reason to be mad about this (outside of Cleveland and Toronto)...I don't know about anyone else but I hope this team wins 70-75 games a year for the next decade and takes home a fistful of rings just so those that are mad but don't know why have a reason to be pissed.

I see your point...I think my main problem was with how LeBron exited, I think he could've made that go over much more easier...the TV special was ridiculous. I don't really care that there is a star-studded team in Miami...I don't think there is any guarantee they will win...but their chances are very high.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    yeah, personally, i don't care about where he plays. (although he should have come to the bulls) :lol:

they way he left was pretty crappy.

i hope they barely crack teh 30 win mark. :mrgreen: i sure hope they don't crack the 70 win mark. i couldn't stomach hearing about that team for years to come.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg