Shaq now a Celtic

2»

Comments

• I'm so happy today. Not because he's anchoring the bench on my favorite basketball team next season, but because he says the funniest shit on the planet. Can't wait to see some of these press conferences and post-games. Sure to be the highest of high comedy.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I was going to say, I thought he had been playing a LOOONG time. I remember him joining the NBA when I was in junior high.. Hell, Vs. wasn't even out yet! Pearl Jam was a new band!

I'll bet he pays for his groceries with a check.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • And leave dcfaithful alone. He's allowed to be a Celtics fan if he wants to.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited August 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

gotcha. I honestly didn't mean to jack your thread (sorry). I was asking a legitmate question. I don't get it, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm a fan of all the Philly teams, so I hate the celtics. And I think the red sox fans are the most fake in sports. So I was curious.

I think that fraud stuff was started by someone else. There is some stupid sports talk radio host in philly that started the fraud thing. I can't stand that host, he makes people that listen to him dumber. I've never posted in that fraud thread.

anyway, for what it's worth I don't see how shaq helps the C's. Assuming the following are still around, aren't Perkins, Big baby, and garnett all better players at this point?

No, it's cool, I understand people don't get why I claim to be a follower of Boston with no affiliation, but I've just been a long fan of Ray and Kevin. I was really excited to see them play together for the first time in 2008. I can also understand your hatred for the Celtics being a Philly fans, and I couldn't agree more on the Red Sox thing, at least here in Utah.

Perkins yes, but he will be out a bit. Garnett I agree with as well, the only thing is that guy needs to stay healthy.

and for the record, I'm not a Red Sox fan....or really a baseball fan for that matter. ;)
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    And leave dcfaithful alone. He's allowed to be a Celtics fan if he wants to.

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    He's going back to his Irish Roots, Good for O'Neal

Was it all those late nights at the pub with Guiness and Jameson that resulted in fights that gave him his cock-eyed look?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    dcfaithful wrote:

Was it all those late nights at the pub with Guiness and Jameson that resulted in fights that gave him his cock-eyed look?

Shit, if i see that guy in bar i'm turnin back around :lol: immagine him telling you a joke and then slapping you on the back laughing, No thank you!
    dcfaithful wrote:

Shit, if i see that guy in bar i'm turnin back around :lol: immagine him telling you a joke and then slapping you on the back laughing, No thank you!

Well, he did hack Icy-Hot there for a while...maybe he'll have some on him for you to sooth the gorilla hand bruise that will be there after he delivers his joke?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Boston getting both the O'Neals gives them a good contingency plan for the time Perkins is out. Shaq is well past his prime, but he should give them good minutes when he's in the game. At the very least he will play defense and rebound pretty good per minute played, which is somethinh the C's needed when Perkins went down.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Boston getting both the O'Neals gives them a good contingency plan for the time Perkins is out. Shaq is well past his prime, but he should give them good minutes when he's in the game. At the very least he will play defense and rebound pretty good per minute played, which is somethinh the C's needed when Perkins went down.

Shaq can't play D anymore unless you are standing right in front of him. he has no side to side movement.

and on O, he does a decent job of laying it in, but don't ask him to dunk it. he missed a couple of wide open dunks last year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    81 wrote:

Shaq can't play D anymore unless you are standing right in front of him. he has no side to side movement.

and on O, he does a decent job of laying it in, but don't ask him to dunk it. he missed a couple of wide open dunks last year
    yeah, I'll give you the not so mobile on lateral movement, but he's still a solid low-post defender when it will come down to guys like Dwight Howard....he'll be a liability on defending the pick and roll, but I'd bet they try to put Garnett/Davis/J. O'Neal out on those

offensively, whatever he contributes is just a bonus....with Rondo, Allen, Pierce, and Garnett it's not like they are gonna need him as the centerpiece of the offense
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    No worries...Bynum and Gasol will just go around him if the Celts can get back to the finals.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Formidable pack of players being put together up there in Beantown ,
    coming from a Knick fan, I cant help but hold a little jealousy and resentment.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life