Work colleague losers

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    know1 wrote:
    The colleague isn't the main problem. The problem is the people who continue to let him get away with that. He should have been fired a long time ago.

The bad thing about this is you can't fire people for that, especially if it's medically documented. My husband has worked with people like this before. The sad thing is a legitimate issue for some, others abuse it. It reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill where Hank hired the drug addict. You mention suicide, should somebody call to check on him? Also, I don't get the whole take time off work thing, sometimes I admit a break is nice. However, when I feel in a funk, keeping busy helps me, but that might just be me. Being alone and depressed only gives you time to think about all the reasons you feel like that in the first place, usually making you only feel worse.

That makes me wonder:

Can you fire someone for consistently terrible personal hygiene?

For instance: A friend of mine who works here with me but in a different department works with a woman who coughs, all day...everyday...in your face, on your desk, and doesn't even cover her mouth.

When doing so, she let's go with flatulence...

She has blatantly readjusted herself, scratched her crotch, picked wedgies, and snapped her underpants on her skin in front of my poor friend.

All the while there are days where she actually smells. :sick:

I think her winter coat hasn't been washed in 5+ years.... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    know1 wrote:
    The colleague isn't the main problem. The problem is the people who continue to let him get away with that. He should have been fired a long time ago.

The bad thing about this is you can't fire people for that, especially if it's medically documented. My husband has worked with people like this before. The sad thing is a legitimate issue for some, others abuse it. It reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill where Hank hired the drug addict. You mention suicide, should somebody call to check on him? Also, I don't get the whole take time off work thing, sometimes I admit a break is nice. However, when I feel in a funk, keeping busy helps me, but that might just be me. Being alone and depressed only gives you time to think about all the reasons you feel like that in the first place, usually making you only feel worse.
    Nah, he's the kind who's more likely to kill her and the kid than himself :oops:

He has a doctor cert for these two weeks, it's not our responsibility to check up on him... as crass as that sounds :oops: it's also not our responsibility to worry about whether the person sitting beside us has taken as many co-codemol as they claim they have this morning and having to watch out for changes in behaviour in case of overdose :oops: There is always some kinda attention seeking thing going on and we're certainly not paid enough to be therapists or doctors or whatever the case may be.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    dcfaithful wrote:

That makes me wonder:

For instance: A friend of mine who works here with me but in a different department works with a woman who coughs, all day...everyday...in your face, on your desk, and doesn't even cover her mouth.

She has blatantly readjusted herself, scratched her crotch, picked wedgies, and snapped her underpants on her skin in front of my poor friend.

I don't know if you can fire them but I think they have to say something if it's reported?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dcfaithful wrote:

That makes me wonder:

I don't know if you can fire them but I think they have to say something if it's reported?

Yeah, firing might be too mcuh...but what amazes me is that my friend is so bothered by it, but won't really complain?

Uhh, if someone was hacking in my face, scratching their crotch and picking wedgies while farting in my cubicle...I'd freak the fuck out.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • know1 wrote:

Nah, he's the kind who's more likely to kill her and the kid than himself :oops:

He has a doctor cert for these two weeks, it's not our responsibility to check up on him... as crass as that sounds :oops: it's also not our responsibility to worry about whether the person sitting beside us has taken as many co-codemol as they claim they have this morning and having to watch out for changes in behaviour in case of overdose :oops: There is always some kinda attention seeking thing going on and we're certainly not paid enough to be therapists or doctors or whatever the case may be.

Very true, I only suggested this because my husband has also worked with somebody who didn't show up for work, when they checked on him...you guessed it....

Whoever is in charge needs to seriously look at finding another legitimate reason to fire him for the better of the co. Oh, and the hygiene thing, my husband has dealt with that before too, I think subtle hints are the best, but they don't always take.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    Oh, and the hygiene thing, my husband has dealt with that before too, I think subtle hints are the best, but they don't always take.

That is definitely true...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Oh, and the hygiene thing, my husband has dealt with that before too, I think subtle hints are the best, but they don't always take.

That is definitely true...

It's really sad to think this is a problem with grown-ass adults.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    Very true, I only suggested this because my husband has also worked with somebody who didn't show up for work, when they checked on him...you guessed it....

Whoever is in charge needs to seriously look at finding another legitimate reason to fire him for the better of the co. Oh, and the hygiene thing, my husband has dealt with that before too, I think subtle hints are the best, but they don't always take.
    I'm sorry to hear that :oops: . With this guy, we started off being sympathetic and listening and offering advice and then he just got weirder and weirder and offering too much. Now nobody listens and nobody asks.. he still volunteers information every now and then tho :oops:

I reckon if they look into his work flow, they have a legitimate reason right there :? he's bloody useless when he DOES turn up :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life