Work colleague losers

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
We're a team of 7 at work, this week there happen to be 3 on holiday (kinda accidentally happened, we're not meant to be more than 2 down at any time) and then the fuckin LOSER who sits beside me decided he's got depression so signed himself off for two weeks :evil: . We are now 2 and half (one's part time) doing the work of 7 people cos of this self obsessed scumbag fuckhead! For his own good, he'd better NOT come back on Tuesday.

FOR the record, I understand that depression is serious... but he has had maybe 15 weeks off this year sick... all different reasons and this is the first one that is depression. He's called into work before cos his girlfriend had to go to college and they didn't have a babysitter... why is his g/f's college OUR problem? He's left work early before cos she's changed her facebook status :roll: He's just a fuckin dickhead!

Cool... rant over :)

How's everyone anyway? :D
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wtf
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    81 wrote:
    wtf
    Agreed ;)

nah really, he's creepy... he's obsessed with his girlfriend and when she changed her status, he left so he could go confront her at work... we were all really worried for the rest of the day... cos he was behaving like somebody we might read about in the news. He's also admitted to hiding in the spare room when he told her he was going to stay at his mom's.

He JOKES about killing himself sometimes :oops:

He goes on about how he's no money for food and hasn't eaten in days... even though he's been 'caught' stuffing his face with McD's in the work car park :shock:

He goes on about 'she's the one who wanted to have a baby' and things like that.

He just creeps me out... I really hope he doesn't come back.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The colleague isn't the main problem. The problem is the people who continue to let him get away with that. He should have been fired a long time ago.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    agreed....just make sure you call in sick that day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • He sounds like a well adjusted human being :?
  • sounds like this guy has some issues

on the other hand...so dont we all :)
    im so god damned sick of people and their excuses to get out of work, leaving the rest of us to pick up the slack. why is it so hard to find people that arent morons or assholes??

that guy should be fired...but i wouldnt want to be the one to do it....or be in the office when it happened for that matter
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

know1 wrote:
    The colleague isn't the main problem. The problem is the people who continue to let him get away with that. He should have been fired a long time ago.
    Oh we all agree. He comes and goes when he likes and when he IS there, he's constantly texting and going out to make calls and avoiding ANY work that's a tiny bit less than straightforward.

I really don't get it... I've never seen anything like the stuff he gets away with. We've all had words about him and still nothing is done. I'm guessing this time at least he has a doctors cert for the two weeks so there's absolutely nothing the company can do about it. There's also nothing WE can say cos then he could sue us if he wanted :roll: stupid stupid world! It's the kid we feel sorry for though, she's a cute little thing but with a couple of selfish assholes for parents. He's kinda breaking up with her mom at the moment and he starts going on about ways he's going to accuse her of being a bad mom to get custody :shock: I have no time for him at all and don't know why he keeps telling me stuff cos I keep telling him to grow up.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Hes smarter than a 5th grader.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    He's left work early before cos she's changed her facebook status :roll:

how the fuck do you get away with something that stupid? :?

Sorry you work with just another thoughtless prick.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    sounds like this guy has some issues

on the other hand...so dont we all :)
    im so god damned sick of people and their excuses to get out of work, leaving the rest of us to pick up the slack. why is it so hard to find people that arent morons or assholes??

that guy should be fired...but i wouldnt want to be the one to do it....or be in the office when it happened for that matter
    Yeh I know shit happens and he's going through stuff at the mo... but the EXACT same thing happened this time last year... and it's STILL going on... a year later! The girl I'm working with this year said he left her on her OWN one Christmas by calling in sick... yeh, it's always holiday time too :roll:

It just makes me so angry cos there are so many people who'd LOVE his job right now. He keeps saying he'll move to Spain and get a job... he's no idea how bad it is out there at the moment... especially when you're not willing to actually work!

Yep, he should be fired... without a doubt. I don't want him back on Tuesday... I don't want to see his face, I don't want to talk to him... cos he's put us through so much crap this week. It's supposed to be a team so you can't have one who doesn't give a shit. We have to always presume that we're always gonna be one down which isn't very practical.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dcfaithful wrote:

:? It's beyond me! If it were me, people would laugh and say fuck off :D . They had split up and she was seeing another guy and she changed her status to say she was in a relationship. He started hyperventilating, told the boss he was leaving and said he was going to her work place to confront her :shock: so you can imagine we were slightly worried.

Thank you :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:

:? It's beyond me! If it were me, people would laugh and say fuck off :D . They had split up and she was seeing another guy and she changed her status to say she was in a relationship. He started hyperventilating, told the boss he was leaving and said he was going to her work place to confront her :shock: so you can imagine we were slightly worried.

you have my permission to punch him in the nuts, helen :wave:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

you have my permission to punch him in the nuts, helen :wave:
    Thanks Norm :D I'd rather not go near... them! But I'll settle for a punch in the face if that's alright with you? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Thanks Norm :D I'd rather not go near... them! But I'll settle for a punch in the face if that's alright with you? :mrgreen:

whatever works! the guy's a tool :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

:D ah, it's good to talk!

Me and the girl I'm working with are actually doing pretty well considering the amount of pressure (the same amount of work still HAS to get done :shock: ) but every now and then I just get soooo bloody angry. At least one of the girls is back on Monday and he's supposed to be back Tuesday (I'll believe it when I see it)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    norm wrote:

:D ah, it's good to talk!

Me and the girl I'm working with are actually doing pretty well considering the amount of pressure (the same amount of work still HAS to get done :shock: ) but every now and then I just get soooo bloody angry. At least one of the girls is back on Monday and he's supposed to be back Tuesday (I'll believe it when I see it)

He sounds like a lunatic. Bad enough to do all this _ but he actually told people he was leaving because of the Facebook status change. as though they would understand.

Sorry you're stuck with such a loser.

Please don't send him to us here.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

He sounds like a lunatic. Bad enough to do all this _ but he actually told people he was leaving because of the Facebook status change. as though they would understand.

Sorry you're stuck with such a loser.

Please don't send him to us here.
    He really is... this guy is 33, girlfriend (on/off) is 20 and he's blaming her for having the kid (that he goes on about what a great dad he is when it suits him and other times talking about running away to Spain without her and then other times going on about how he's gonna have her taken from her mom).

He tells me really cringeworthy stuff (like how another girl at work texted him saying she was wet and horny... and how his gf bled on the new guys car seat... but always looking for a reaction) and I tell him to fuck off and walk away. It really doesn't make for a good atmosphere at work though, everyone's on edge!

Nah, we won't send him to you :mrgreen: unless you live in Spain? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    He really is... this guy is 33, girlfriend (on/off) is 20 and he's blaming her for having the kid (that he goes on about what a great dad he is when it suits him and other times talking about running away to Spain without her and then other times going on about how he's gonna have her taken from her mom).

He tells me really cringeworthy stuff (like how another girl at work texted him saying she was wet and horny... and how his gf bled on the new guys car seat... but always looking for a reaction) and I tell him to fuck off and walk away. It really doesn't make for a good atmosphere at work though, everyone's on edge!

you're making this up? :shock: :shock:

He tells me really cringeworthy stuff :and how his gf bled on the new guys car seat...

Uhh....fucking gross and rude. :sick:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:

No shit, that's what I thought...but, unfortunately I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't people out there like this.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

No shit, that's what I thought...but, unfortunately I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't people out there like this.

to keep my sanity, i'm gonna believe helen made it up ;) :P
    norm wrote:

Don't make me force you to believe of peoples ability to lack self-awareness. :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:

Nope :oops: I wish I was! He says these things really loud too so sometimes the whole office can hear. This isn't even the half of it! Although me and another girl often compare stories and they don't always add up :roll: .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

Don't make me force you to believe of peoples ability to lack self-awareness. :twisted:

ignorance is bliss!! :lol:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

ignorance is bliss!! :lol:

You sir, are a wise gopher.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

:D It's ok, I tell myself he made it up too. Not that I care if it actually happened or not... but to TELL people that it did... is just really weird and creepy... and he was laughing as he said it... found it funny that it was the other guys car and not his :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    He says these things really loud too so sometimes the whole office can hear.

well, if you've got a good menstruation story, you don't keep that kinda thing quiet! :crazy: :lol:
    norm wrote:

well, if you've got a good menstruation story, you don't keep that kinda thing quiet! :crazy: :lol:
    :D absolutely! And like I said, he works with 6 women... is this at ALL normal? WE don't even bore eachother with menstruation stuff... at the most somebody might ask for a painkiller... so why does he feel the need to discuss his on/off g/f's period with his work people? :shock:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    norm wrote:

I believe I've heard one or two I wish would've been kept in the vault. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • know1 wrote:

The bad thing about this is you can't fire people for that, especially if it's medically documented. My husband has worked with people like this before. The sad thing is a legitimate issue for some, others abuse it. It reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill where Hank hired the drug addict. You mention suicide, should somebody call to check on him? Also, I don't get the whole take time off work thing, sometimes I admit a break is nice. However, when I feel in a funk, keeping busy helps me, but that might just be me. Being alone and depressed only gives you time to think about all the reasons you feel like that in the first place, usually making you only feel worse.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.