New Kings of Leon "Come Around Sundown" 10/19

Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,501
edited October 2010 in Other Music
Just got this email:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KINGS OF LEON ANNOUNCE NEW RECORD
COME AROUND SUNDOWN
SET TO BE RELEASED OCTOBER 19, 2010

RCA Records is excited to announce that Kings of Leon will release the highly anticipated fifth album, Come Around Sundown, on October 19, 2010 in North America and October 18 in the UK. It was recorded in New York at Avatar Studios and produced once again by Angelo Petraglia and Jacquire King

Come Around Sundown is the follow-up to the hugely successful Only By The Night, which sold over six million copies worldwide and garnered four Grammy Awards. It's yet another bold and expansive statement by the Nashville, Tennessee-based quartet who, in the last two years, have become one of the biggest bands in the world; also one of the most creatively restless.

As proven throughout their storied career, Kings of Leon love to work. Whether writing, recording or touring, the band is constantly in motion. Once they finished touring in support of Only By The Night at the end of October of 2009, they went back in the studio to record in February 2010. This past June, they returned to their home state with a triumphant headlining slot at the prestigious Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, and then began a North American shed tour in July that will end on September 23. In two weeks, the band will headline the Outside Lands Music & Arts festival in San Francisco's legendary Golden Gate Park.

For more information, please contact:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Now that it's cool to hate on these guys I'm wondering how this will be received.

I don't care what anyone says, there's some good material on Only by the Night. Sure, it was a bit of a misstep, but it brought them much deserved fame after three stellar records.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Anybody that sells records sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Finally a date. I'm looking forward to some new stuff
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    probably not going to buy this one...i don't like the direction these guys are going.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Will the disc be made of molded pigeon shit? I sure hope so.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    marcos wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    probably not going to buy this one...i don't like the direction these guys are going.

from what i hear theyre going away from "only by the night" on this one, and have even admitted they don't like that record all that much
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,633
    Only by the Night is definitely a little polished sound for them that seems a little off, but it's still pretty good.

If they pull back a little on the hit-making, then it's pretty damn exciting for them to be making a new album. I still think they're one of the top bands out there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Only by the Night is definitely a little polished sound for them that seems a little off, but it's still pretty good.

If they pull back a little on the hit-making, then it's pretty damn exciting for them to be making a new album. I still think they're one of the top bands out there.

Agreed. There are a few songs on OBTN that are up there with anything they've done, my favourites are Closer, Manhattan, Cold Desert and Crawl - but as a whole I think the album was a bit rushed, a bit much filler towards the end. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new one, I'm liking the live tracks they've been playing from the album.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,818
    All I know is it better be wayyyy fucking better than that garbage of an album they put out last.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    only by the night is a great album.
    super pumped for this one
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options

Yeah, if you like shit.
  • Options

Yeah, if you like shit.

there's alot of great songs on only by the night.

how can anyone say crawl, closer, cold desert, manhattan, revelry are bad songs?
    the band gets big success and then people get ignorant.
    their music has evolved in a good way since the very basic youth and young manhood days. however, i say because of the times is their best album.
  • Options

Yeah, if you like shit.

there's alot of great songs on only by the night.

how can anyone say crawl, closer, cold desert, manhattan, revelry are bad songs?
    the band gets big success and then people get ignorant.
    their music has evolved in a good way since the very basic youth and young manhood days. however, i say because of the times is their best album.

Crawl, closer, sex on fire. Good songs. The rest of that shit is shit. Because of the time should've been the most "poppy" they got, and I would have had no problem with that. I hope more birds poop on their heads.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,065
    I'm looking forward to it and seeing them tomorrow which i'm sure they'll play a few songs from. I liked Only by the Night, but it was my least fav KOL album. Good songs on it like Crawl, Manhattan, Sex On Fire (hey i like it)& Cold Desert. Couple songs I don't like and the rest are ok.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    I'm stoked!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to it and seeing them tomorrow which i'm sure they'll play a few songs from. I liked Only by the Night, but it was my least fav KOL album. Good songs on it like Crawl, Manhattan, Sex On Fire (hey i like it)& Cold Desert. Couple songs I don't like and the rest are ok.

saw them last night in hartford and they were fuckin awesome
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I'll download it illegally... I'm sure they've sucked enough corporate cock over the past 2 years that they don't need the $$ as much as I do

Still excited though :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710

Agreed. There are a few songs on OBTN that are up there with anything they've done, my favourites are Closer, Manhattan, Cold Desert and Crawl - but as a whole I think the album was a bit rushed, a bit much filler towards the end. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new one, I'm liking the live tracks they've been playing from the album.

Crawl - their best imo
    i had only heard of them
    then they opened for pj in 08
    they were so fucking awesome live
    i bought everything they had done
    Crawl is my favorite kol song
    fucking hot licks
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Why does everyone like Manhattan and Cold Desert so much? I've never heard such garbage in my life - well, I have, it's called Use Somebody.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,191
    marcos wrote:
    What? So art should be ripped off?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Speaking of Use Somebody, did you know that it's now a Kidz Bop song?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    allornone wrote:
    Speaking of Use Somebody, did you know that it's now a Kidz Bop song?
    thats how you know you've really made it :lol:

what child in their right mind would prefer that to a mix tape with the same songs??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Now I know why Eddie put pearl jam offline after vs was such a commercial success. What's up with all the negativity?if you don't like the band don't read the thread, don't waste yur time trying to prove how cool you are to hate them now and don't buy tickets to see them... Better seat choices for me..
    Get a life and spend energy on something you like? Nobody is going to cry because I don't like kol and won't buy the new record... Unless it's cool to like them again that is!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Why does everyone like Manhattan and Cold Desert so much? I've never heard such garbage in my life - well, I have, it's called Use Somebody.
    Well, I dunno, they're just both good songs. Don't really feel like there's a need to justify that.
  • Options
    tcaporale wrote:
    Well, I dunno, they're just both good songs. Don't really feel like there's a need to justify that.

manhattan and cold desert are phenomenal songs. especially if you know the story behind cold desert.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    tcaporale wrote:

manhattan and cold desert are phenomenal songs. especially if you know the story behind cold desert.

Exactly. Great melodies, and great vocal performances.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,931

Wait....so you don't like Cold Desert and Manhattan but you think Sex on Fire is a good song? To each his own, I guess.

I saw them in Hartford the other night. Other then the recycled setlists, they put on a good show. They sound really good live. They played 4 songs off the new album, and while they were all pretty good, the last one they did, Southbound, is tremendous.

I think if you were to judge by these 4 songs, the album will go in a different direction then OBTN and should be good.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956

from what i hear theyre going away from "only by the night" on this one, and have even admitted they don't like that record all that much

in that case then i'll consider giving it a listen...imho, they will never be able to top or mimc because of the times and prior.

i can't wait for the first single "we're afraid of bird shit."
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,065
    heard 3 of the songs last night. Out of them I liked "Mary" the best. They also played Southbound and Radioactive.

I got them on video and had them on youtube, but one, Radioactive, got taken down cause of violation from "Vector Management" which makes no sense.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly