TV shows you enjoy watching with your kids?

2»

Comments

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    tinkerbell wrote:
    In my house my son (nearly 3) is OBSESSED with Ben 10 (& Alien Force). My 5 year old daughter likes Angelina Ballerina. They both love Special Agenet Oso, Handy Manny, Postman Pat (still around!!!) and local shows Jane & The Dragon and The Wot Wots.

My 5yo has Ben 10 fever....crazy. But I have gotten him some dvd's of the original series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers......the stuff from the '80's...he loves it! ahhh Nostalgia! :D
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    tinkerbell wrote:
    In my house my son (nearly 3) is OBSESSED with Ben 10 (& Alien Force). My 5 year old daughter likes Angelina Ballerina. They both love Special Agenet Oso, Handy Manny, Postman Pat (still around!!!) and local shows Jane & The Dragon and The Wot Wots.

My 5yo has Ben 10 fever....crazy. But I have gotten him some dvd's of the original series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers......the stuff from the '80's...he loves it! ahhh Nostalgia! :D

My son has my brothers old TMNT figurines and his daddys old Voltron toy. Miss 5 loves the old school My Little Pony DVDs - I was a tom boy so never watched those.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • We are a PBS kis house. Word World, Superwhy, Curious George.......Much more educational for the kids, and not annoying for parents (at least not the 1st 10 times you watch each episode) That, and a healthy does of Toy Story 1 & 2
  • We are a PBS kis house. Word World, Superwhy, Curious George.......Much more educational for the kids, and not annoying for parents (at least not the 1st 10 times you watch each episode) That, and a healthy does of Toy Story 1 & 2

I love to let my son watch those shows. Unfortunately, since the "big switch," even though we have an HDTV we can't get any local channels, we have to watch our satellite. I think Superwhy is a cute show.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Oh, guess I can add my favorites. I was a small kiddo in the 80's. I loved: She-Ra: Princess of Power, Care Bears, Rainbow Bright, and Teddy Ruxpin. My brother is six years younger than me, so I would watch Rugrats and Doug with him.
    fade away...

Oh, guess I can add my favorites. I was a small kiddo in the 80's. I loved: She-Ra: Princess of Power, Care Bears, Rainbow Bright, and Teddy Ruxpin. My brother is six years younger than me, so I would watch Rugrats and Doug with him.

I totally forgot thise one's!!!! Loved Rainbow Bright and Teddy Ruxpin!!!
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I know it only exists in reruns now, but I really love Drake and Josh. I still watch the reruns and laugh at all the same places.
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I can quote the Tinkerbell movies word for word. My daughter also loves the Shrek movies.

I'm trying to get her into Wizards of Waverly Place, but she's 2.5 so it's mainly cartoons that keep her attention.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    Flagg wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    iCarly has its moments
    if by "moments" you mean the blonde sidekick :twisted:

That evil bitch.

:lol:

After reading this thread I decided to check out iCarly, and I laughed my ass off. The blonde sidekick is a total bitch, and funny as hell.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    swany24 wrote:
    After reading this thread I decided to check out iCarly, and I laughed my ass off. The blonde sidekick is a total bitch, and funny as hell.

iCarly must be the loudest show in recorded history.... it's just them shouting and screaming at each other.

Phineas and Ferb is a genius cartoon...

I actually watched Jonas brothers with my girls and thought it was very funny.... as was Wizards of Waverely Place.

Spongebob still rules.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    Phineas and Ferb is a genius cartoon...

..... Spongebob still rules.

Definitely! I also loved watching Pinky and the Brain! And Real Monsters!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    I get quite a kick out of Phineas and Ferb.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Wipe Out I watch it with my kids...cracks us up! :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Cosmo and Wanda
    Malcolm in the Middle
    Phineas and Ferb
    Spongebob
    this Avatar - Airbender thing
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Anyone remember Animaniacs?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:

I used to watch that one and Tiny Toons too.

Edit: Oh, earlier Zach and Cody was mentioned, I thought this clip was funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2dLo3x-_6U (If you don't think so, cut me a break, with a six-year-old, I watch a lot of kids tv.) ;)
    fade away...

evenflow wrote:
    I can quote the Tinkerbell movies word for word. My daughter also loves the Shrek movies.

I'm trying to get her into Wizards of Waverly Place, but she's 2.5 so it's mainly cartoons that keep her attention.

We love the Tinkerbell movies in our house (obviously!!!)

I took my nearly 3 year old son to Shrek Forever After on Sunday (his first time at the movies) he loves the other 3.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:

It's my wife's favorite!!!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

It's my wife's favorite!!!

I can't find that show On Demand. It's a classic and it's not on there. I'm upset.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    tinkerbell wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

My son has my brothers old TMNT figurines and his daddys old Voltron toy. Miss 5 loves the old school My Little Pony DVDs - I was a tom boy so never watched those.

Same. I always watched transformers, TMNT and who could forget...HE-MAN!!!!
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    The Upside Down show

America's Funniest Home Videos

"Chowder" ain't bad.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    The L Word.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    You're right, "Little Bill" is a good show too.
    DangDang wrote:
    The Upside Down show

"Chowder" ain't bad.

We love AFV in our house - my little boy calls it Oh o
    tinkerbell wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    The Upside Down show

"Chowder" ain't bad.

We love AFV in our house - my little boy calls it Oh o

AFV is good.

Tonight I watched "Adventure Time" on Cartoon Network.
    I laughed so hard. I had no idea it was that funny.