kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    boooooooooooooo
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtAQAkrTVGBXY7xGWNvTIkI5nYcB?slug=tsn-favresayshesundecideddeni20100804
    Brett Favre(notes) told ESPN he has not made a decision about next season but will play if his ankle is healthy.

On Tuesday, it was reported that Favre told some teammates via text message that he was retiring. Favre told ESPN he never sent any such messages.

The Vikings have reportedly offered Favre up to $20 million to return this season, but Favre says money is not an issue, according to ESPN.

NFL Network’s Steve Mariucci, was has mentored Favre, reported Tuesday that the quarterback was undecided. "Right now, he told me, ‘I’m trying to get my body healthy,’" said Mariucci.

On Wednesday, Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, made a statement to Mariucci. "As far as Brett is concerned, in spite of reports to the contrary, Brett’s situation has nothing to do with his contract, but everything to do with his health and ability to contribute to that team and play at a level that he has been accustomed to playing over the years. … Brett’s ankle, which needed surgery since 2007, was surgically repaired this last spring by Dr. James Andrews. Until such time, Brett feels he can play at a level that he expects of himself, no decision will be made.

"Brett has an appointment to see Dr. Andrews next week and will know more at that time. Brett continues working every day, rehabbing his ankle and will see after his visit with Dr. Andrews what his status is at that time."

In an amazing coincidence, this could also mean that he will be able to return as soon as the Vikings break from training camp. ;)
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited August 2010
    I love the man as a living legend of the sport. I love watching him play.

I know it's not cool to like him anymore, but I really hope he returns. If he does, I will be wearing my Vikings # 4 jersey with pride here in Cincinnati.

Favre forever in my book.
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    eh... its really not his fault that the media runs with rumors just to have big news

but hes still a dick

"masturbating in a pair of crocs" :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    it's just silly to have teams waiting for his stupid ass'mon how hard is it to makeup your mind.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    eh... its really not his fault that the media runs with rumors just to have big news

but hes still a dick

"masturbating in a pair of crocs" :lol:

Yeah, ESPN's "story" yesterday was a big pile of horseshit... "Sources (unnamed of course) tell us that Farve has sent messages to some Viking players (once again, unnamed), that he's not coming back..."
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    Someone needs to drive his ass into the turf real hard week one....I'm sick of him.
    The only reason he does this is to feel important

It would be funny for the Vikings to get fucked though...they are Chumps waiting on his every move

Childress is a loser
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yea I watched CNN a bit ago... he's says no not really, he's on again playing.... seems embarrassing and a bit jerky to me...
    unless he wanted to retire and they said no no no you don't.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    If he comes back I hope he gets knocked out for the whole season in week one.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I seriously hope he does come back and gets his old ass pounded!! Sooooooo sick of that fucker!
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    He can flip flop every day for all I care......I'm not a Vikings fan. Doesn't get me worked up.

How bout them cowboys!
  • Options
    PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    If he does come back, I bet he's the only grandfather playing in the NFL. Crocs and all.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bret Favre Sexting ?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And here it is in all it's glory....

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre ... love-story

that is the best (and funniest) Brett Favre story that I've ever read :D

And that girl is a piece of work too. I remember the season that they tried to make her the Jets' "it" girl. They put her on the field with a mike to make promotional announcements and it was a total joke. It was like college radio. Bad collge radio. :roll:
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And here it is in all it's glory....

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre ... love-story

This thread is useless without pictures.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That is awesome on so many levels!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    swany24 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That is awesome on so many levels!

It is fantastic.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rumor has it, he is headed to MN today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg