Get back to work SMOKERS!

2»

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,941
    i swear everytime i look up, the same set of people are walking outside to take their smoke breaks.

its a minimum of once per hour for 10-15 minutes. that's like an hour and a half or production per day---OUT THE WINDOW!

get back to work and process my loans ladies!!

DOCK THEIR PAY!
    says the guy with nearly 15 thousand posts :roll: ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm a smoker but I don't smoke at all when I'm at work...specifically because it is kind of ridiculous how many people take advantage of that! But then as imalive said, a lot of time is spent here...soo... :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I hate running the gauntlet through the smoke cloud trying to get in or out of the building. Have to hold my breath and I don't care if they think I am being rude by not answering back to their greetings.

that is disgusting. one of the worst parts of the day is being subjected to that the momen you open the door. you're anticpating breathing some nice fresh air...instead it's disgusting stale cigarette stench that almost suffocates you.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:
    i swear everytime i look up, the same set of people are walking outside to take their smoke breaks.

its a minimum of once per hour for 10-15 minutes. that's like an hour and a half or production per day---OUT THE WINDOW!

DOCK THEIR PAY!
    says the guy with nearly 15 thousand posts :roll: ;)

hey some people have over 15,000 in way less amount of time as me :lol:

plus i'm working right now as i'm typing this
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i would fire anyone who smoked none stop and did not do their fair share of the work load. smoking breaks happens when everyone gets their breaks. there should be no (smoking) breaks for just smokers. supporting smoking is ridiculous. people are actually candy asses. i want all the smokers @ the jeagler's office to be punched in the fudd. that'll learn em.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I am thankful that anti-smoking laws have come as far as they have.

Back in the 70s, it was ok to smoke on an airplane.....can you imagine having to sit in such an environment! The airlines used to tweek the row numbers so that people would think they aren't too close to the smoking section: if the last non-smoking row was row 24, they would number the next row (the first smoking row) as row 28 so that people who booked a non-smoking seat would think that they were gonna be 4 rows away from the smokers.

Up until the 90s, it was ok to smoke in your office.

California banned smoking in restaurants/bars in the late 90s.

hey some people have over 15,000 in way less amount of time as me :lol:

plus i'm working right now as i'm typing this
    I'll bet your work is shoddy :think:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm! bad norm... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RKCNDY wrote:

well at least someone caught it :P
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

well at least someone caught it :P

you've been reported...editing someones posts is a capital offense

:P :lol::lol:

well done
    had to read it about 10 times...and then double check that i didn't goof it up. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol::lol:

i notice you're not denying it either ;)
    norm wrote:

you guys are not going to drag me into that cesspool
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

NOW we know why you go to the basement for "privacy".
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

DOCK THEIR PAY!

smokers should be forced to clock in and out everytime they take that long and unhealthy jaunt outside.

alright...back to work.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

NOW we know why you go to the basement for "privacy".

i, for one, am thoroughly disgusted.
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    You work in a mortgage office

How do you feel about some of your co workers ripping rails in the bathroom

Or is that ok?

Maybe that's why they smoke so much.
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Or is that ok?

i think it's safe to say your experience in the mortgage industry 10 years ago or whenever was quite different than what i'm used to... :?
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    ^ mortgage brokers, insurance brokers, stock brokers etc

Lotta tooters in those industries.

Your working in the wrong office ;)

I still have friends in these industries and I'm gladd they've cleaned up their acts. But they tell me a lot of newbies like to go all studio 54 before they rock the phones at night for new leads or working on that pain in the ass customer who has to run the numbers past the mr/Mrs cause he or she is a numbnutz

It's a confidence thing. Maybe not as open as it was but id bet the farm there are a few at your firm who like the lady in the white dress

It's an industry that attracts tweekers
    we have a mortage company in our office building...fuckers are always dropping dueces while talking to clients

Mr juggs, do you do that?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    we have a mortage company in our office building...fuckers are always dropping dueces while talking to clients

Mr juggs, do you do that?

i'm dropping a deuce right now.
    www.myspace.com
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    ^ mortgage brokers, insurance brokers, stock brokers etc

Lotta tooters in those industries.

Your working in the wrong office ;)

I still have friends in these industries and I'm gladd they've cleaned up their acts. But they tell me a lot of newbies like to go all studio 54 before they rock the phones at night for new leads or working on that pain in the ass customer who has to run the numbers past the mr/Mrs cause he or she is a numbnutz

It's a confidence thing. Maybe not as open as it was but id bet the farm there are a few at your firm who like the lady in the white dress

It's an industry that attracts tweekers

been at this 10 years. never worked in a broker shop like you're describing. definitely worked with people who partook in those activities though. know lots of people not in the mortgage industry who partake in those activities too. never saw it or heard about it happening at work.

place i work at now is a huge company and is as corporate as you can possibly imagine (thank you federal government :roll: ). plus 80% of the people are all married with kids now it seems. there are also no newbies. nobody hires people who don't have experience/licenses already--those days are long gone.

we're getting off track though

the smokers i'm talking about mostly seem to be older, lazy, female processors :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    CROJAM95 wrote:

at first I thought you were talking handicapped rails....then I got it.

I'm hip....but only a little....drug lingo was different back in my day :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

at first I thought you were talking handicapped rails....then I got it.

I'm hip....but only a little....drug lingo was different back in my day :lol:

hip to be square?

haha...actually now that i think about it i can recall multiple stories of dopes doing that stuff during lunch way back in the day. talking 4 or 5 years ago last i can remember. there were a bunch of dead beat zombies selling mortgages back then. they've been weeded out though for the most part.
    www.myspace.com

place i work at now is a huge company and is as corporate as you can possibly imagine (thank you federal government :roll: ).
    they had to crack down after you fucked everything up in '08
    there were a bunch of dead beat zombies selling mortgages back then. they've been weeded out though for the most part.
    "for the most part" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I used to work on the 98th floor of 1 WTC... smoking breaks were an hour affair :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I used to work on the 98th floor of 1 WTC... smoking breaks were an hour affair :lol:

I worked as a contractor for Phillip Morris, it was weird to get hired and when they congratulated me, they asked "do you smoke?" I said "yes" then they offered me a smoke and light right in the office...that was in the late 90s,

- Christopher McCandless
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Or is that ok?

awesome...

rippin rails off the back of the toilet's tank lid
    pen tooter
    yee-haw mr. office smoker now on the grindage dude
    well done and stuff

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I used to work on the 98th floor of 1 WTC... smoking breaks were an hour affair :lol:
    love you, Sir.
    you're just badass all the way around
    hope you are feeling better everyday

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce